Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

just a few geometry and aesthetic suggestions here LM as i have full confidence that your going to get the gameplay perfect!

inner field circles in england should have discs instead of the line like in Aus

the outfields should be like the real life ones, eg lots of green lush patterns in Aus or Lords and dull grass in the sub continent

the default cam maybe a bit higher but i guess it dont matter as its fully adjustable

adboards slots should be fully editable to what we choose (not just 3 slots like EA) so we choose each add around the whole ground and even to allowing electronic rotating ones like seen in SA or just normal rotating like seen in the first ashes test.

proper day night shadows for floodlights

may add more some time soon

hope you consider these

1 - There should be seam movement the first 20 overs of every new ball

2 - More LBWs off good length deliveries

3 - Inside edges

Will_NA said:
1 - There should be seam movement the first 20 overs of every new ball

2 - More LBWs off good length deliveries

3 - Inside edges

i think the first one is most definately in the game mate im sure LM has maybe said this before.

But the second two - i couldnt agree more with you - these are crucial, i mean how many times on a seaming wicket do we see batsman getting out either playing back to a good length ball nipping back and getting caught on the crease plumb in front, or stretching out at a wide one for a drive or a square cut and either nicking it to the keeper or inside edge on to stumps? if the gameplay is going to be real then these are vital, but im sure as its been said before that the ball physics and collision system is totally random that the ball can go in a million different places - im kinda hoping this means these two are already in :upray

cricketer112 said:
i think the first one is most definately in the game mate im sure LM has maybe said this before.

But the second two - i couldnt agree more with you - these are crucial, i mean how many times on a seaming wicket do we see batsman getting out either playing back to a good length ball nipping back and getting caught on the crease plumb in front, or stretching out at a wide one for a drive or a square cut and either nicking it to the keeper or inside edge on to stumps? if the gameplay is going to be real then these are vital, but im sure as its been said before that the ball physics and collision system is totally random that the ball can go in a million different places - im kinda hoping this means these two are already in :upray

yep, all three are in already ;)

Will_NA said:
LM, will there be a pitch report and will the same pitches behave differently e.g a hard pitch in australia will bounce a lot more than a hard pitch in India and a flat pitch in Pakistan will spin alot more than a flat pitch in England.

Another, yes, ANOTHER question. Will bowlers bowl from both sides of the wicket. One thing that is noticeable in EA is that the bowlers stay on one side of the wicket and very rarely alternate.

I am sure these questions have been asked and answered many times, so i apologise in advance

yes, most definately. Pitches will all behave differently. Each stadium will have it's own set of detailed stats which include things such as common pitch conditions, size, common weather, wind direction etc.

yes, definately. Both sides of the wicket will be fully utilised - when bowling, the player will also have a hotkey to swap sides so no crappy having to go into a menu to change this.

cricketer112 said:
just a few geometry and aesthetic suggestions here LM as i have full confidence that your going to get the gameplay perfect!

inner field circles in england should have discs instead of the line like in Aus

the outfields should be like the real life ones, eg lots of green lush patterns in Aus or Lords and dull grass in the sub continent

the default cam maybe a bit higher but i guess it dont matter as its fully adjustable

adboards slots should be fully editable to what we choose (not just 3 slots like EA) so we choose each add around the whole ground and even to allowing electronic rotating ones like seen in SA or just normal rotating like seen in the first ashes test.

proper day night shadows for floodlights

may add more some time soon

hope you consider these

apart from the camera one and the field patterns which are already in, the other stuff will be looked at only once the core game is done, as they are classed as 'desireable' not 'mandatory'. Good suggestions though.

For that over and around the wicket question, I think he was asking if the computer bowled from both sides.

IloveGilly said:
For that over and around the wicket question, I think he was asking if the computer bowled from both sides.

yeah, definately. I'm going to be spending a LOT of time getting the AI really good...you will hopefully get to see the CPU do some pretty smart stuff, but will definately see it change sides appropriately.

i guess depending on how the fielding works maybe you can add classic catches expecially with the better fielders

Just checking up, it's great to see that you give a yes and no to most things LM. What's the process, do you have a great big "To Do" list you "chuck" these suggestions in to?

:D

that is a good idea to have a box of "definites", "maybes" and "no ways" for ideas

well i have a few suggestions again that can be put into those boxes.

To create a realistic atmosphere, we need to look at crowd noises in different parts of the world, an example of this would be the hostilitly of an Indian crowd, which is very loud most of the time - but a dead silence when a wicket goes down or something goes against them. The same sort of thing could be said for pakistani crowds, maybe sri lankan crowds are slightly more laid back but roughly the same sort of thing.

i wont write about every crowd in the world here, but i would be more than happy to help this game out by doing some research for you LM and get a fair idea of what they all should be like, i feel this is important because rather than just having the look or feel of the different stadium because of adboards or outfield/pitch nature - you would REALLY feel like you are playing away from home in a different part of the world due to the noise or lack of noise and style of noise factor. Ive said it before and i will say it again, one of the most important parts of getting a good game right is capturing that 'real' feel that makes you feel like you are there, something EA unfortunately get wrong a lot, which is why no longer play the EA games since 2005. Hope you consider this and let me know if you would like me to do some research for you on the different crowds.

A few more suggestions:-

What with the CB series in Australia and India West Indies one day series, i have been watching a lot of day/night one day cricket lately, one thing that has always been true about day/night cricket is the swing factor in the early stages under lights, this should definately be included, and batting against a new ball under lights should be difficult, and controling the swing as a bowler shouldnt be a piece of cake either.

another thing that would be in a maybe box that is not so compulsory to a good cricket game would be a batsman showing disgust at a bad desicion from the umpire, this a common thing these days that would add yet more realism to a cracking game.

Also id be interested to see how the pitches in South Africa are going to play! - ive been watching the test series between SA and Pakistan and its cracking cricket to be honest, the batting is a bit poor, but the pitches are very bowler friendly and have loads of carry.

add no crowd sound and that would be new zealand
add no CROWD and that would be new zealand

cricketer112 said:
What with the CB series in Australia and India West Indies one day series, i have been watching a lot of day/night one day cricket lately, one thing that has always been true about day/night cricket is the swing factor in the early stages under lights, this should definately be included, and batting against a new ball under lights should be difficult, and controling the swing as a bowler shouldnt be a piece of cake either.

on the subject of day/night matches, maybe the team batting second shouldn't bat under lights immediately. it should get progressively darker during the innings, becoming very dark around the 15th over

Not sure if this has been suggested before as I'm not going to read through 70 pages.

Retirements. In EA if you get hit, Richie goes on about you may not being able to continue to bat. I think if you get a nasty one to the head a body from the quick bowler, you may need to be taken from the field and depending on the level of the blow whether you can make a return to the field in "x" amount of overs.

For example Ponting get's hit in the 8th over of an ODI, and is taken from the field with concussion. Then depending on the concussion/injury ha little bar could come up telling you that He will be out for "x" amount of overs, even the game. I feel you have to have some doubt in playing like a hook or pull becuase, just like in real life, you could take it on the noggin if you miss time it.

As I said if this has been brought up before then please ignore it.

I couldn't agree more.

How many times has a batsman been hit on the head (AND FALLEN THROUGH THE STUMPS, NORMALLY IMPALING A NORMAL HUMAN BEING) and carried on playing? If anyone else was hit on the head that many times, they would probably suffer from a mild case of......DEADNESS!!!

LMAO

yeah, i want to make injuries a part of this game...including short term and long term ones. Just to give a little insight, i have collision zones all over the player bodies so different 'injury zones' will come into effect - e.g. if you get hit in the head then it is a different kind of injury than being hit in the body or arm, in that it will have an impact on different areas of play - a head hit may effect confidence and focus, while a hit on the body may effect stamina and dexterity etc.

If the injury is particularly bad then the player might be out for several matches or more. There will also be 'pre-match' injuries in career mode...

LM

Users who are viewing this thread