Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

I have ideas about bad light LM, i know bad light stop play will be in this game as you said before, but i am thinking along the lines of the light being offered, and the difficulty level of batting increasing if you do not take it (especially against pace bowlers) maybe the cursor could dissapear quicker or something or deliveries become more random and hard to pick with you chaos algorithm shifting it about or something, it would be true to life if you had to accept or decline the light offer, and hopeflly it will be prgrammed to happen more in England/ and maybe sub continental countries more often than say Australia or west indies. Also a light reading meter would be cool to judge the light.

p.s. the duckworth lewis algorithms are well underway - it should all be done and dusted within a week or so.... i will send you the excel spreadsheets when im done....the duckworth lewis will be great for this game....chasing a target and rain changes your score needed........now that will make the game true to life alright ;)

:cheers

cricketer112 said:
I have ideas about bad light LM, i know bad light stop play will be in this game as you said before, but i am thinking along the lines of the light being offered, and the difficulty level of batting increasing if you do not take it (especially against pace bowlers) maybe the cursor could dissapear quicker or something or deliveries become more random and hard to pick with you chaos algorithm shifting it about or something, it would be true to life if you had to accept or decline the light offer, and hopeflly it will be prgrammed to happen more in England/ and maybe sub continental countries more often than say Australia or west indies. Also a light reading meter would be cool to judge the light.

p.s. the duckworth lewis algorithms are well underway - it should all be done and dusted within a week or so.... i will send you the excel spreadsheets when im done....the duckworth lewis will be great for this game....chasing a target and rain changes your score needed........now that will make the game true to life alright ;)

:cheers
Oh yeah man Duckworth Lewis , well looks like i may really live a dream when i play

I havent read each and ever page here so what i write maybe a repeated request....so plz dont flame on me...

1) After every delivery the keeper encourages the players with shabhash or well bowled according to nationality.....
2) Top edging a bouncer over the keeper for 4 or 6 (very rare...maybe once in 10 matches)
3) Sledging
4) Two fielders run after a ball....one pics it up and throws to the other to throw towards the stumps......as seen in all international matches nowadays
5) Diffrent bowling action for malinga.....lol (this isnt so much necessary)
6) 20-20 free hit rule for no ball
7) Bowler stamina so that he doesnt keep on bowling like in cricket 07
8) A button to intimidate the bowler....at which the bowler will bowl faster than usual or spin more than usual
9) Last but not the least Shreesants dance after hitting a six....(no need just kiddin)

shrenik007 said:
I havent read each and ever page here so what i write maybe a repeated request....so plz dont flame on me...

1) After every delivery the keeper encourages the players with shabhash or well bowled according to nationality.....

definately agree, i said about this before - when sounds are made they are key to creating good atmosphere, also what i said needs to be included were very different crowds, rip some sounds from actual games and put real crowd sounds for real countries, i remember talking about this and we were saying how great it would be if you could hear the barmy army singing for England, or the Indians going crazy when Tendulkar comes out to bat or gets a hundred

2) Top edging a bouncer over the keeper for 4 or 6 (very rare...maybe once in 10 matches)

Lm has said the collision is completely random anyway so basically the ball can end up anywhere within 360* at any height or speed.

3) Sledging

would be nice - hardly essential, i would categorize this under sounds once again, maybe more talk around the bat and shouting before the delivery e.g. 'come on lads' and some clapping and then a reaction after the delivery has passed like a 'ooo well bowled' with different teams saying different things, e.g. gilchrist with his 'bowling mate' etc.. and sangakara with the old 'shabbash murali' be nice if these sounds become louder for spinners and a standing up keeper too.

4) Two fielders run after a ball....one pics it up and throws to the other to throw towards the stumps......as seen in all international matches nowadays

this has been talked about - i think we categorized this as a nice feature but once again not definate or essential

sure this is in

sure this is in

8) A button to intimidate the bowler....at which the bowler will bowl faster than usual or spin more than usual

brilliant idea, maybe a 'steam-meter' with ratings for mental strength and tendancy to get steaming like Mcgrath or Nel, can cause wayward bowling maybe like the bowling cursor jumping around faster and harder to control but can also produce quicker bowling.

nice ideas there actually, im sure LM will be intereted in some of those.

Last edited:
i feel the 4th point in my last post is the most essential.....it maybe a bit difficult to execute in the game because of the animations it will need but it will certainly add a hellava lot of reality in the game.......

Some more requests..
1)A bowler bowling a wide or two if a lefty righty batting combination is present and the commentretor acknowledging that the lefty righty batting combination is upsetting the rythm of the bowler( Not all bowlers...just the inexperienced new ones)

2)Even fielders can sustain injury with powerful shots to their hands or maybe just the fingers......This should affect their batting as well....(very rare)

3)The extraordinary six shot of Dhoni where he swings his bat like a golf stroke (this should be there...the most unconventional shot played by anyone)

Last edited:
mis - timed lofted shots that plug in the outfield

will the new ball swing whether or not you choose the swing option?

will there be an option to switch off the bowling marker

there should be some pitches where it is really hard to stay in or time the ball and you have to really grind to make your runs.

Last edited:
shrenik007 said:

3) Sledging
5) Diffrent bowling action for malinga.....lol (this isnt so much necessary)
9) Last but not the least Shreesants dance after hitting a six....(no need just kiddin)
most of them have been suggested but i think it was ages ago, haven't visited this thread for a while.
and if possible like shrenik007 suggested with the Dhoni shot, could you add unorthadox shots like the oull shot down the ground? is that possible?

the abillity to move boundary ropes/pads in or out, and mess with the boundary length e.g. anything between 40-80 meters on different points of the 360degrees of the ground.

Inclusion of Billy Bowden in the umpires list with his trademark signaling style....
This will be so awesome

dibt jbiw if this has beein brought up but just wonderin it would be cool if the batsmen ad the option to bat without a helmet or with a cap :D and for te keeper to have the choice of going up to the stumps to the bowlers or not :D cheers :cheers

i think they were mentioned a while ago but good ideas!
ahh what i was gonna suggest? oh right what about batsmen retiring hurt?

This might be a bit stupid but tell me what you think.

In a career mode at random points in a game questions about cricket rules or general knowledge about the game can pop up and if you answer it correctly your player's confidence meter might go up a little bit. Get it wrong and it might go down a little bit.

cricketer112 said:
the abillity to move boundary ropes/pads in or out, and mess with the boundary length e.g. anything between 40-80 meters on different points of the 360degrees of the ground.

this would be cool, but too difficult...instead it will take this info. from the boundary rope that is 'built in' to the stadium model. There will efinately be different sized fields tho

dmckenna said:
dibt jbiw if this has beein brought up but just wonderin it would be cool if the batsmen ad the option to bat without a helmet or with a cap :D and for te keeper to have the choice of going up to the stumps to the bowlers or not :D cheers :cheers

Batsmen will be able to bat with helmet, widebrim or cap which can be changed at any time in their innings. It will have a very minor effect on comfortability but the tradeoff is safety - you wouldn't want to get hit on the head when wearing a cap!

Keepers can be positioned anywhere

Feelin Blue? said:
i think they were mentioned a while ago but good ideas!
ahh what i was gonna suggest? oh right what about batsmen retiring hurt?

already in... ;)

Left_Hander said:
This might be a bit stupid but tell me what you think.

In a career mode at random points in a game questions about cricket rules or general knowledge about the game can pop up and if you answer it correctly your player's confidence meter might go up a little bit. Get it wrong and it might go down a little bit.

hmm...not bad, but probably wont use this...cheers

I was wondeing if it might be possible for users to design/import animations for the game. I've always wanted to have a go at creating the perfect cover drive.

Or on the other hand be able to specify the shots for individual players. I'd love to have a go at trying to recreate a historical player from video footage.

Users who are viewing this thread