Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Team Morale

Hey all..
just as a suggestion could a team morale feature be applied to the game at any point....in the way it is in FIFA that the whole team acts according to the score if they are being scored they get desperate and start 'mis-playing' or if ur on the top ur more confident and becomes more easy to tacle or score goals.....in the same way this has been found key player in a real match as well....usually us asians loose our self belief easily but the australians & the south africans are strong headed and keep playing till the end...so could we also have quick selection modes in which we can select from being defensive, attacking, normal etc during the game and can change the entire coarse of the match.....
what do u guys say?

shrenik007 said:
will wind be a factor in game in terms of swing....it would be cool if there would be an arrow on the screen pointing towards the wind direction like in the tiger woods golf games

yes, wind will affect swing etc...probably will be an arrow of some kind...

bangash said:
Hey all..
just as a suggestion could a team morale feature be applied to the game at any point....in the way it is in FIFA that the whole team acts according to the score if they are being scored they get desperate and start 'mis-playing' or if ur on the top ur more confident and becomes more easy to tacle or score goals.....in the same way this has been found key player in a real match as well....usually us asians loose our self belief easily but the australians & the south africans are strong headed and keep playing till the end...so could we also have quick selection modes in which we can select from being defensive, attacking, normal etc during the game and can change the entire coarse of the match.....
what do u guys say?

there will be player morale and a team morale stat. i dunno about the quick selection thing though...haven't really thought about that

trexjester said:
Will you be making the England middle order collapse just like in real life!!

LMAO

when creating our own player will we have a limit like total points which can be distributed in various parts . or is it like ea no limits eg you can create a player with 100 points on stats which is just dumb

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a 'composure' rating, which affects how well a player performs when he is under pressure. For example, if a bowler is going for lots of runs, he will start to bowl more bad balls. This would make managing your bowlers in more important, especially in one-dayers. Also, batsmen with low composure would play rash shots if they hadn't scored many runs in a while.

Banger_attack said:
I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a 'composure' rating, which affects how well a player performs when he is under pressure. For example, if a bowler is going for lots of runs, he will start to bowl more bad balls. This would make managing your bowlers in more important, especially in one-dayers. Also, batsmen with low composure would play rash shots if they hadn't scored many runs in a while.

Excellent Idea

Just an additional thought. Assigning each player a numerical value for composure would be quite time consuming. Instead maybe they could just have a rating of 'excellent', 'good', or 'poor'. The default for all players would be good, then you would only need to identify players with either poor or excellent composure (all part-time bowlers could have poor composure, for example). Also, it could have a greater effect in one-dayers, where there is more pressure on players to score runs or bowl tight.

Hi, this is my first post in the forum but I have been keeping trak of TAoC for a while now and am never less than gobsmacked by the depth and quality of the game (especially having spent too much hard earned cash on laughable EA "cricket" games)... Anyway would just like to ask how play and misses are being incorporated .... is it purely based on the timing of the shot (in most other games there was very little playing and missing when there should be a lot in reality as no-one ever really timed it so badly as to miss) or will there be an element of chance or if the bowler bowls an absolute beauty...

great game, can't wait to see more

There has been talk of the Beta testers being cut down so you'll have to wait and see whether or not you'll still be testing.

What about this will these features are in TAOC?
1.Can v bring the wicketkeeper near the stumps during the starting overs for fast bowlers like vaas,pollock etc.
2.While we batting can we step out of crease a few inches away and after seeing that will cpu bring the wicketkeeper near stumps?
3.When we have to change a ball i mean will there be any indication to change balls?
4.While changing balls will umpire bring a suitcase of balls?
5.When we are bowling can we delay the powerplays?Will cpu do this?
6.While bowling can we use the crease i mean a little far away from the stumps? will cpu also do this?
7.Consider this situation Aus 380 all out and NZ are 150 for 6 after 30 overs We are aus and CPU is NZ will CPU chase the score with Mccullum and Mcmillan etc....
8.if we bowl yorker length will cpu try some shots or will stand like an idol as like in EA?
9.Can we bowl body length?
10.Will fielders make diving efforts?
11.Wat about celebrations of a bowler after taking wickets

It also increases the possibility of the game being leaked early.

Users who are viewing this thread