Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

viral1991 said:
Wow, have you written a book too? ;)
'The Art of The Art of Cricket' will be in bookstores later this year, including a copy of the game and a mug for only ?39.94. By all accounts it is a real page turner.

And for a suggestion of my own, have the save feature allow you to then exit without having to go though a 'you have forfeited the game' sort of thing, it is something that really annoys me about EA cricket games. Ideally a save and exit function in the menu.

Just a quick thing that came across my mind while playing spin in EA 07:
I've never had a stumping with a spinner of my own bowling, only when I dance down the pitch.

So I thought: is there a way to implement stumpings where the batsman does NOT dance down the pitch?
For example, while playing a leg-glance or reaching for a cover drive, you (and CPU, of course) get -sometimes?- a change of stumping because the batsman drags his foot out of his crease? The "get-back-button" doesn't seem a big problem to me (even EA can do that :p ).

I think it will add something to spin bowling. Get the batsman reaching at your ball and you might get a stumping! And as a batsman, like IRL, a keeper who's always in the hunt for a stumping (and whipping bails off) adds some pressure too.

It will probably create more bugs and problems than stumpings for you I'm afraid, but nevertheless.

As I said, just a quick thought, so like to hear your comments!

hollandcricket said:
Just a quick thing that came across my mind while playing spin in EA 07:
I've never had a stumping with a spinner of my own bowling, only when I dance down the pitch.

So I thought: is there a way to implement stumpings where the batsman does NOT dance down the pitch?
For example, while playing a leg-glance or reaching for a cover drive, you (and CPU, of course) get -sometimes?- a change of stumping because the batsman drags his foot out of his crease? The "get-back-button" doesn't seem a big problem to me (even EA can do that :p ).

I think it will add something to spin bowling. Get the batsman reaching at your ball and you might get a stumping! And as a batsman, like IRL, a keeper who's always in the hunt for a stumping (and whipping bails off) adds some pressure too.

It will probably create more bugs and problems than stumpings for you I'm afraid, but nevertheless.

As I said, just a quick thought, so like to hear your comments!

This is a feature in Cricket 2005 and is horribly implemented due to the keeper being extremely slow to stump the opposition but I too would love this in TAOC.

Will we be able to choose where specific fielders are. Could we set that Collingwood goes at backward point and Panesar hides at deep fine leg? Will we be able to switch our best fielders to the boundaries in the last overs of a one day match?

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55416

That's a link to the BLIC suggestion thread. There were some good ideas in there that codies (damm them) never implemented. I'll copy one of my posts and people can always look through the thread for ideas.

More Stats:
Batsmen:
Backfoot (obvious)
Frontfoot (obvious)
Power (how hard does he hit it)
Gap (how good is he at working it into the gaps)
Speed (running speed between the wickets)
Reaction (ability to play fast bowling that is 90+ mph)
Concentration (high concentration is less likely to get out 'surprise' balls eg. yorkers, bouncers, slower balls, balls that swing the other way, googlies)
Technique (ability to play difficult shots eg. on drive, reverse sweep)
Judgement (ability to judge quick singles when comp controlled)
Versatility (can play bowlers from different widths better, can adjust to situations better)

Bowler:
Pace (obvious, less important for spinners)
Technique (ability to bowl difficult balls eg. yorkers, bouncers, slowers balls, googlies)
Conventional Swing (obvious)
Reverse Swing (obvious)
Swing Both Ways (ability to swing the ball the other way)
Reaction (ability to react to batsmen advancing down the pitch)
Confidence (high confidencce is less likely to lose momentum if hit for six or very bad over)
Versatility (high versatility can bowl from different widths and to left handed batsmen better, can adjust to different situations better)
Fielding (ability to field off his own bowling)

Fielder:
Speed (how quick they are in the field)
Reaction (ability to react to close in catches)
Throwing Speed (how quickly they can throw the ball after picking it up)
Technique (important for close in fielders, throwing underarm, kicking ball into stumps and other difficult manoveurs)
Judegement (ability to judge the balls flight and know where it is going)
Jumping (important for close in fielders, can jump higher and catch better when ball is over fielders head.
Amazement Factor (ability to make incredible catches)

manee said:
This is a feature in Cricket 2005 and is horribly implemented due to the keeper being extremely slow to stump the opposition but I too would love this in TAOC.

It was? :rolleyes: Never happened to me.
*Thought I knew pretty much everything from Cricket 2005*

Have a four player mode online game, where the two batting players each control one batsmen (including just their one for runs, which could lead to running mixups). One player will control the bowler and the other will control the fielding, which would swap at the end of the over.

At the end of certain deliveries a cutscene where the bowler walks down and 'gives him the stare' or says something to the batsmen.

Lots of 'one in a million shots' that you would see from tailenders. Eg. Harmison hit Brett Lee for four in the 2005 Ashes with a reverse hook! He was aiming for the reverse sweep but had to adjust to a bouncer. Bascially, loads of really weird shots from tailenders because they have no technique.

Difficulty settings (seperate for batting and bowling).

Footwork from the keepers to move towards a ball that is going quite wide of the stumps.

Variation in bounce depending on the pitch. One ball might keep really low then another might hit a crack and shoot up, depending on the pitch.

Include different types of balls. White ball, kookaburra, dukes etc.

Long term and short term confidence. Short term is based on how a player has performed in the current innings. Long term affect previous matches, so a batsmen who has had three ducks in a row is going to be low on confidence and struggle to make runs in his next innings.

Only control which direction the shiner side of the ball is on when trying to get it to swing (also be able to select scrambled seam).

A captaincy stat for players, which will affect the field settings, bowling orders etc.

Cracks and rough patches opening up on the pitch in the later days of a test match, causing more spin movement if it lands in the rough patch.

Nice ideas there Krypta....I agree with you on the diffrent difficulty levels for bowling and batting....cauz some people are good at bowling and some are good at batting......

Confidence on a tour could be affected by what has happened in previous games, and could have an individual element to it. That is, say in a previous innings or match Pietersen was out to Lee, then the next time Pietersen faces Lee, his confidence could fall a bit. The more times a batsman has been dismissed by a certain bowler the more his confidence would fall. This would allow bowlers to 'have the wood' over certain batsmen (or whatever the expression is).

Hey LM could you provide us with the bowling animation editor ,becuz due to time constrains it is nearly impossible to create every bowler bowling action animations ,so If u provide us the editor we guys can make bowling action in batches so that we have almost all bowlers bowling action in the game.
pls reply me of my idea.

Madman said:
It's not that simple, do you know how hard animations are to create accurately?
Although Malinga shouldn't be bowling in the same way as Flintoff...
Well I m pretty decent at 3dmax and the fact that bowling animation are hard to create accurately is valid to some extent but if we got 3 generic action like "Chest on" , "Side on" and "Slingy" we can edit the earlier frames and left behind the ending frames where the bowl is just about to deliver(the most difficicult part to do) in this way we can create good variety of bowling actions.

Allrounder18 said:
Well I m pretty decent at 3dmax and the fact that bowling animation are hard to create accurately is valid to some extent but if we got 3 generic action like "Chest on" , "Side on" and "Slingy" we can edit the earlier frames and left behind the ending frames where the bowl is just about to deliver(the most difficicult part to do) in this way we can create good variety of bowling actions.

I know nothing about 3Dmax but if its not any trouble could you put together an action of a famous international player. I just am curious how good the software and you are.

Here is a small vague idea, more of a question. Could something special happen if a batsman has full confidence or no stamina. Or even both.

EG.

Full confidence - Timing increases out of proportion and ball more often finds gaps.

No stamina - Batsman running speed decreases out of proportion and may be slow to react for runs. Shots may also be sluggish and weak.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread