Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

I was thinking, another thing perennially missing from cricket games is a variation in foot movement and shot animations. All batsmen have the same "textbook" shot positions (unless you are EA in which case the animations seem to come out of a golf manual).

If the shots you have animated for had a little variation graphically (for example... good: perfect head feet hands over the ball, bat lovely and straight... .medium: not quite there, open face...leaning over a little, squared up, to bad: no feet movement (lbw chance higher?) groping for the ball (edges higher?) and a crooked bat or a gap between the bat and pad(chance of bowled higher)

What technique animation appears when any particular shot played could depend on a "technique stat"

and of course this would be linked to a mathematical variation in the properties of the shot (placement, if it's in the air or not etc could be higher or lower if technique is good or bad) .. it could make the game that much more immersive. Tailenders could have a low "technique" for all shots stat making the "poorer" animations appear more often.

Batsmen could either be perfect in all areas (Tendulkar/lara) meaning they would always play good shots or perhaps good techniques for some shots and poor for others (ganguly drive and pull)

In fact " shot technique" could vary for confidence, form, bowler, pitch type..anything ou have laready included in the game!

Probably too much to do as it would require more painstaking animations (which are amazing by the way) but would be fantastic and diffrentiate the players even more..

Last edited:
I know that bowlers are going to have a 'tiredness' rating in games. This should be affected by their performance in the preceding innings. For example, if Shaun Pollock has batted for a long time with the tail and ends up not out at the end, he should still be tired when he comes out to bowl, and thus be unable to bowl a long opening spell.

Maybe if he gets out late on 49 he could be really aggressive and/or erraticaly in his first few overs showing his anger at not getting the milestone. This could go down to a composure rating.

The same could go for batting. After a few dot balls a person with a low composure rating might go for the big hit, or give his wicket away easily etc.

What about having a highlights option where you can hit the highlights button in the menu and then it shows all the wickets and a majoritiy of the boundaries? Would that be possible?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm great Ideas there but hard to implement though

It would be nice to have the option to change the batting line-up before the innings begins. This would mean that if you were batting second in an ODI you could send out a pinch-hitter if you were chasing a big target. Or, if you were in the last day of a test (has this ever happed to anyone apart from when it rains?) and had to score 100 off 15 overs, you could send out some big-hitters to open the innings.

handsome said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm great Ideas there but hard to implement though

This is supposed to be a WISHlist, isn't it? :p
Anyway, I have faith in LM. He is a god! :happy (No pressure then ... :p)

Banger_attack said:
It would be nice to have the option to change the batting line-up before the innings begins. This would mean that if you were batting second in an ODI you could send out a pinch-hitter if you were chasing a big target. Or, if you were in the last day of a test (has this ever happed to anyone apart from when it rains?) and had to score 100 off 15 overs, you could send out some big-hitters to open the innings.

I would hope they would use a similar system to BLIC and have you able to select the next batsmen to come in after each wicket fell.

Banger_attack said:

like in BLC '99

Banger_attack said:
Anyway, I have faith in LM. He is a god!

I'd like to correct you there, he is god. And the game is actually a bible for worshippers of LM :D

I just hope god is contacted by EA Sports for making Cricket 2008 so that it will not be crap like the previous ea cricket series.......even god will find it a bit easy with the technology EA uses.........

A few questions:

1) Will there be any change in action when a bowler bowls a different delivery e.g. slower ball, googly?
2) Is there an option to turn off all displays i.e. power bar, arrows, radar?
3) Will faster bowlers have longer run-ups i.e. Brett Lee will have a longer run-up than Matthew Hoggard?

And an idea

In Fifa, when you take free kicks, you are able to rotate the ball to determine the curl on it. What if there was an option to rotate the ball before delivery to alter the seam position and determine whether it will swing, cut, etc?

This is just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread