Super 14

Who will win the Super14?

• Total voters
They choked! They did it every single year. Last year they needed a bonus point to host the final but they couldn't do it. The year before they needed a bonus point win but Dunning goes for a drop kick with only 3 tries. They always choke at this stage.

I don't think it was enthusium for this match, they tried their best but their gameplan just wasn't right. They stated they would play defensively which is just not the way to go. They should have stuck with their gameplan that won them their games early on.

I'd almost forgotten about that drop kick. Great kick it was, but what a dumb time to do it.

Australian teams always look really good when they keep the ball in hand and they keep coming with wave after wave of attack. I know straight away when our teams are in trouble against the Aussies. They do everything at pace and with purpose. From the first five minutes last night I knew the Hurricanes were a great chance to knock over the Waratahs. The negative tactics they Waratahs used played right into the Hurricanes hands.
Be interesting to see if the Waratahs can recover from this by next weekend. The Hurricanes would have taken a lot of confidence from it.

Thats more the Brumbies. The Tahs have never been noted for their attack. Thats basically why I wanted the Brumbies in the finals as they are the type of team that could knock over the Crusaders if they get going. The Canes after yesterday definitely could cause them problems also. Their forward pack looked good and there backline is right up there with the best. The loose trio is definitely the best. Should run the Crusaders close but probably those buggers will take the title like usual.

I think the problem for the Tahs yet again is they haven't managed to find a 5/8.

And here i was thinking that the canes were the competition chockers :p anyway i feel much happier about facing the bulls than the sharks coz we all know how poor a team the bulls are on the road

And we all know how close they were to upsetting you guys ;) Sharks actually toured dam well. Close losses to the Brumbies and Crusaders basically cost them a finals spot.
If the Bulls can't be the Crusaders at hom they have no chance away from home.

Can't believe that the bulls actually won! And by 33 points!

The Sharks would be so disappointed!

Not even the ARU can stop this one! Sad way for him to end his career but he does a stupid thing and this is what he can expect. I hope it doesn't affect the Tahs final two games as this couldn't have come at a worst time.

I can't believe someone with that sort of responsibility could be so stupid, though. It's a sad end to his career, but the sentence was warranted. Yeah, it will tense the team set-up a little due to the nature of his abrupt sacking, but hopefully they can overcome it and finish strongly- they can't possibly choke anymore, can they? (Rhetorical question...) :(

Last edited:
Good side the Tahs have picked for the semi. Rogers back at fullback and Hewat on the wing. If they can't win it with this lineup they know they had their best possible attacking lineup minus Sailor.

Its was going to be something like this before Rogers went to 5/8 last season. Of course Tuqiri was meant to be at 13 with Sailor on his wing.

With Norton Knight at 12 the Tahs look so much better. Berne has got nothing.

O yes, the big game tonight. Can't believe a whole season can come down too 2 matches. I like the idea of 1st + 2nd are automatically in the semis and can rest a week while 3rd vs. 6th and 4th vs. 5th would be a much better idea. (too me it is :D)

Hopefully momentum will not hurt us and a few changes surely should not make a difference. In the end it will come down to skill.

Great effort from the Canes. Close game, could have gone either way. The collapsed scrum decision at the end was a big call. Waratahs had the momentum at that stage and would most likely have gone on and won it.
Hopefully the boys can get the job next week. Great to finally see the Hurricanes win a semi.

I've got no problem with the sudden death semis. The home advantage does seem to make a bit of difference so they do get something out of finishing in the top two. It makes all three playoff games like a final.

Nooooooooo, my final team is out :( The Waratahs defence just fell apart. Halangahu and Turinui were the main problems. The Canes had a field day over them.

Tahs attack looked much better this week too bad they didn't give Tuqiri more ball in the 2nd half.

Users who are viewing this thread