Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

We should just go to a super over so the fans get something rather than a damp squib. See what I did.

Stuart Broad made 10 in 2 balls.

The rest of our batsmen managed 151 runs in 118 balls.

If Broad had opened, he would have managed 100 in 30 balls and we would have had 90 balls to spare. Open with Broad for tfcss!

Will_NA added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Anderson's not an infielder though, that's where the confusion arose from my end. Anderson's Englands' best outfielder, not one of the best infielders. Pietersen's a good fielder, as is Bopara. Our fielding as a whole is very good when compared to the Windies. Obviously not as good as South Africa, but we're not one of the worst sides, in the top 5 in the world, probably 4th behind South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

I was cheating a bit. I was referring to his role as mid-off/on.

I know we're not the worst but we were closer to the top 3 a few years ago. Saying that, we didn't win any games!

LOL at Nick Knight's thought that Albie Morkel would be our 3rd seamer. Clearly basing that on the 1 over he bowled against England and ignoring the last 6 or so months where he's really struggled with the ball. This Sky commentary team are so frustrating.

OMFGZ DWAYNE BRAVO IS T3H EXCELLENT CRICKETER!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!1111

He really isn't. He's a good all-rounder, but he certainly isn't excellent. Hussain's a twat.

I actually called Broad opening right back when he was thought of as a tailender, I knew everyone would agree with me. People think his first class average is low but they don't understand why. He spent ages batting very low (like 9,10,11) for Leicester getting no chance because we had loads of people who did a bit with both.

Sky are making Sri Lanka-South Africa sound sexy.

We should just go to a super over so the fans get something rather than a damp squib. See what I did.

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

West Indies will be all out and England will win comfortably.

Nah, you aren't getting this. You have to say how West Indies will hit the runs in 9 overs, with Gayle scoring the winning runs, switch hitting Broad for a 6, with the ball bouncing back and knocking Collingwood out.

Nah, you aren't getting this. You have to say how West Indies will hit the runs in 9 overs, with Gayle scoring the winning runs, switch hitting Broad for a 6, with the ball bouncing back and knocking Collingwood out.

Jesus! Were you in my dream last night? :p

It's spitting. FFS if El Hadj Diouf was in the crowd we would never get a game. We played in worse against Holland. There's only 5 overs, just give the crowd something to watch because West Indies will do it anyway.

We should have played first.

Cricinfo said:
It's all down to Duckworth and Lewis now. The rain has eased, but not enough and we need to get started by 8.40pm to see any result. If we don't, West Indies will progress to the semi-finals and England will be tossed out. However, if it's a five-over match, West Indies will chase 47. That's all we know for now.
Five5 for the win? How many overs of Powerplay would they get? 2?

Anal foreplay.

I'll take our chances of defending 47 from five overs. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread