Surely codemasters cannot release this game in australia?

So in england you cannot watch international cricket on normal tv. That sucks, in aus we can watch it free on channel 9. If the aus team go overseas its paytv. On nov 25 i will go to brisbane and watch aus vs eng live, the tickets are sold out for day 1 but the tickets did not go as fast as 2006.ps back to games, i hope codemasters do get the rights in the near future.:spy

I've contacted the official Australian distributor for any comment on that, the lack of reply seems to suggest that is indeed the case.

I'm looking into whether or not it is possible to sue Codemasters.

Sue them hahahahaha, thats funny. look codemasters need to get into the 21 century and do stuff after a game is out. If there is a big problem then it needs fixing as fast as they can do it. I dont care about little bugs and stuff like that. They should just fix the online problems and then most people will be ok with that. If trickstar and codemasters make a future cricket game then they need to listen up. If they want hardcore cricket fans help before the game is out then they need to suport us and the other people that love cricket,games.:spy

I'm looking into whether or not it is possible to sue Codemasters.
Well no, there's no real reason why you'd be able to. All the features claimed on the box exist in the game, the main problem people have is with the disconnects with online play - but many have successfully completed online games.

Any complaints about AI are purely subjective, and wouldn't be a basis for a complaint under the Trade Practices Act, their conduct wasn't deceitful - there is no out and out lying - a game not being that great doesn't constitute a material defect.

I've talked to a few people who aren't die hard Cricket gamers, who just bought the game when it released here, and they are happy with it. That's in the end all that is of main concern to Codemasters.

I do hope the Big Ant game is either good in its own right, or forces Codemasters to put a lot more resources behind their game.

If "hope" could be turned into fuel, cricket game fans would be the second biggest producers of electricity in the world!

is the offline fine?? coz you all seem to only be complaining about online. my biggest things i need to work on this game is for the AI to score realistic totals, and have them not get out to instant wicket balls, ie. left arm round the wicket to right hander, bowling a in cutting full ball and have the AI play a back foot shot and get bowled.

coz you all seem to only be complaining about online. my biggest things i need to work on this game is for the AI to score realistic totals, and have them not get out to instant wicket balls, ie. left arm round the wicket to right hander, bowling a in cutting full ball and have the AI play a back foot shot and get bowled.

Although I haven't got it from what I've read single player is pretty much fine. Just the online issues that have narked people so much.

is the offline fine?? coz you all seem to only be complaining about online. my biggest things i need to work on this game is for the AI to score realistic totals, and have them not get out to instant wicket balls, ie. left arm round the wicket to right hander, bowling a in cutting full ball and have the AI play a back foot shot and get bowled.

There are issues but the bottom line is, if you want to play cricket as a video game this is the best there is. Full stop. Offline will still give you hours of entertainment and a lot of things have been done very well. I guess it is a question of is the glass half full or empty in your particular world view! If you are asking me for advice, I would say buy it and enjoy what it can offer and don't look too much at what it cant!

There are issues but the bottom line is, if you want to play cricket as a video game this is the best there is. Full stop. Offline will still give you hours of entertainment and a lot of things have been done very well. I guess it is a question of is the glass half full or empty in your particular world view! If you are asking me for advice, I would say buy it and enjoy what it can offer and don't look too much at what it cant!

cool, might give it a rent, as my local video shop got it in. its funny though, all people wanted was a decent cricket game, but now they got 1 and they find something else to complain about.

cool, might give it a rent, as my local video shop got it in. its funny though, all people wanted was a decent cricket game, but now they got 1 and they find something else to complain about.

Sadly, such is the nature of the human being! Never satisfied. Give it a bash! What have you got to lose??

I think game play wise except maybe the fielding it is a pretty good game, the lack of depth of player and tournament stats is the killer for me, if it was like cricket 07 in that department i would still be playing it now.

I think game play wise except maybe the fielding it is a pretty good game, the lack of depth of player and tournament stats is the killer for me, if it was like cricket 07 in that department i would still be playing it now.

Yeah, imagine having the touring possibilities of Cricket 07 with this game. That would be brilliant. Have any of the Aussie lads got the game? What do you think of it?

That would be the ultimate cricket game.

This would be my ultimate cricket game:

Batting and bowling IC 2010
Improved fielding
Depth of touring and tournaments and editability of Cricket 07
Statistic Heaven such as Cricket Coach 2011!

Users who are viewing this thread