PC: T20 Blast Tournament - Series 1 - (Round 2)

I've not had a chance to look at the spreadsheet yet. I'll have a look tonight once SamP has updated it with all the players brought. So I'll probably send my bids in either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

On a different note:

Someone mentioned a few pages back about stat tracking. For the last couple of IPL tournaments I've been tracking the stats. I've attached the spreadsheet from IPL 2013. Its not perfect and there are a couple of errors that are fixed in the next version (for this years IPL), but the only one that is really noticeable is that the stat comparisons are inclusive of the knockout stage which it really shouldn't.

If you like it I can redo something similar for out tournament. If I do though it will need a commitment to get a SS of the full scorecards (bowling & batting) of each match.

The second spreadsheet is something I do for fun when following matches. It just tracks the RR after each over and compares the two innings at most stages. It just gives a good feel for how the match progressed, where the turning points were etc. The one attached is Ireland's recent T20 victory over WI.

I'll be using the RR tracker for most of my matches because well I'm just a touch sad, but if it was to be used for most matches and I made the stat spreadsheet for the whole tournament then I could link each match to the RR spreadsheets so giving a whole tournament coverage. That said I do appreciate that not a lot of people would have the patience to fill in a spreadsheet while playing a game...I'm weird like that!

Given that SamP is putting a heck of a lot of effort into setting up this tournament, I'd love to have something for him at least to look back on with pride!

Attachments

• IPL.xlsx
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • WI v Ire (1st T20 19 Feb).xlsx
    119 KB · Views: 8
Looks really good in terms of stats and stuff :).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Auction - Round 3 - Public Round

The third round of the auction is now starting using the attached database . To bid please use the following form and send them in a private message to me with the subject "(Team name) - Auction 3", I have already sent my bids to MattW :

Forum name :
Team :
Current Budget : (Found on the second page of the spreadsheet)
Current Squad :

Bids :
Example player 1 - Example bid 1
Example player 2 - Example bid 2
etc.

-All bids must be either equal or above to a players base value. Please make sure you write the players name EXACTLY as it written in the database to avoid any confusion.

-YOU MAY ONLY SEND IN ONE FORM PER ROUND SO YOUR DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND MAY NOT BE CHANGED/ADDED TO.

-Because this is a public round the highest bidder on each player shall be announced at the end along with the amount they bid.

-You may not have more than 15 active bids per round to avoid you ending up with too many players. You may raise your previous bids though.

-You will be penalised for running out of funds before filling your 15 player slots.

-All bids must be in increments of $2500.

-The confirmed squads so far can be found on the second page of the spreadsheet including your remaining budget.

New joint bid rules :

In the event that... :

Two managers were joint on bids in the previous round, if either of those players gets the highest bid this round they win that player.

One manager was the highest bidder on a player in the previous round but gets a joint bid in this round, the manager gets the player.

Two managers were joint in bids in the previous round and joint on highest bids at the end of this round, neither manager gets the player.

The third round of auctioning is now open.​
It closes at 7:00PM (GMT) on Tuesday 25th February (or when all replies are received)

@RIZZYX @kainkareswar @Virender Sehwag @grkrama @mazd @venkniralac @AngryPixel @Lebanna

P.s - If you've already sent your bids don't worry, I haven't opened them yet and have just sent my bids to Matt :).

----------

Just @RIZZYX @Lebanna @grkrama @mazd to come actually :D.

Attachments

• Auctions Database.xlsx
    47.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
-You may not have more than 15 active bids per round to avoid you ending up with too many players. You may raise your previous bids though.
Will we know if we don't have enough players going into the last private round?

Will we know if we don't have enough players going into the last private round?

If you mean at the end of the private rounds then yes because it will still be announced when you've won a player just not when you've got the highest bid :).

On that note, remember this is the final public round!

Yeah. I did some calculation and mazd could be in some sort of trouble to complete his squad if he goes after some expensive player now. He still has to buy 9 more playrer that is effectively 58000 per player. So International players are now out of the question. He need to buy english player only.

Users who are viewing this thread