• Rain helped South Africa
  • Aussie high AF while fielding
  • South Africa not choking (5 wins out of 7 in the last over) :wow:
WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Last edited:
  • Rain screwed Pakistan
  • Rain helped South Africa
  • Aussie high AF while fielding
  • South Africa not choking (5 wins out of 7 in the last over)
WHAT IS HAPPENING?

SA winning this edition of the WT20.

If it is India v SA in the finals, I shall support SA.

SA winning this edition of the WT20.

If it is India v SA in the finals, I shall support SA.
I think England are fav now - they are picking up at the right time.

From a team that couldn't even qualify for the group stages at the last World Cup, West Indies really look much improved since Daren Sammy took over. Hopefully they can keep improving ahead of the next tournament.
Cricket World needs a strong West Indies & it feels like Sammy can fix a lot of problems!

From a team that couldn't even qualify for the group stages at the last World Cup, West Indies really look much improved since Daren Sammy took over. Hopefully they can keep improving ahead of the next tournament.

I think they were egged on by home advantage and also by choosing the right horses for the courses. Their performance has improved, but I 'd still say they were really scratchy at times- rescued by individual acts of brilliances. A more comprehensive performance could have helped them cross over this hurdle.

Finally on a slightly unrelated note, why does the ICC call it the Super 8, when they have basically divided the teams into 2 groups? If they call it the Super 8, should the following be considered:
1. Carry forth points like in CWC 1999
2. Let the teams play select opponents, but consider their performance as a whole?
3. CWC 1999, CWC 2003, the Super 6 teams were stacked together and they played select opponents. The points earned, carried forth + NRR was considered for the entire group of 8 as a whole.

Applying that formula here, we could have had:

1719206091618.png
1719206108200.png
1719206127018.png

1719206153195.png
1719206166053.png
1719206180103.png

Adding the points carry forth method, SA, Ind, WI and Aus would have had 2 points extra.

England and South Africa now have to sit around until tomorrow afternoon to find out which one of them flies to Guyana and which to Trinindad.

View attachment 296301
And apparently, the number of direct flights is quite less. In an ideal scenario, the ICC should have played all Super 8 games at 2 stadiums only. This would have ensured lesser travels for the teams.

England and South Africa now have to sit around until tomorrow afternoon to find out which one of them flies to Guyana and which to Trinindad.

View attachment 296301
Isn't it A1 v B2 in first semi and B1 v A2 in second semi like it is done in most tournaments?

1719206835787.png

Wikipedia guys didn't know that lol

Isn't it A1 v B2 in first semi and B1 v A2 in second semi like it is done in most tournaments?

View attachment 296308

Wikipedia guys didn't know that lol
It is, but they don't know where the semi-finals will be played yet. India will play their semi-final in Guyana no matter whether they finish 1st or 2nd.

It's Schrodinger Shah's cricket match until the India v Australia match ends. In fact, if Australia win, the second match would still be relevant because Afghanistan could technically overhaul both teams to finish top of the group.

Users who are viewing this thread