T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Is Kylie Ireland Irish?
Post automatically merged:

For me Afghanistan win tonight

A combination of GAA lads, mismanagement, and also the fact that it has. An arguably weak senior men's XI does not mean a weak grassroots system - look at Derbyshire
Are you implying unhealthy favoritism in selection of the senior team?

Not really, no. By and large, these are pretty much the best players currently available.

The mismanagement is more financial: although Ireland is a HCOL place and money doesn't go as far, a lot of the ICC funding disappears into debt repayment and one-off events, rather than infrastructure and development.

Not really, no. By and large, these are pretty much the best players currently available.

The mismanagement is more financial: although Ireland is a HCOL place and money doesn't go as far, a lot of the ICC funding disappears into debt repayment and one-off events, rather than infrastructure and development.
Ireland is like one of the richest countries in the world bro

Ireland is like one of the richest countries in the world bro

So is Norway and Japan and yet their football teams are nothing special. Could have made the same point with the US but they’ve just beat Pakistan. :spy

The economy of a country doesn’t have to correlate with their sporting success.

It has a population of 5.3 million and most of them aren't interested in cricket.

Whilst population does have an impact, I think it’s the interest of the population and the sporting infrastructure/development pathways that decide a country’s success in any sport. Sometimes even the latter isn’t enough.

@Aislabie is the expert so I’ll defer to him but I do find it weird that there hasn’t been too many new faces in the squad despite the lack of progression. I also think the Irish side is a better test side than they’re given credit for but haven’t really got a proper platform to establish themselves whereas their white ball side isn’t as good.

Good morning folks.

Two big games now - Afghanistan has a solid chance.

Ibrahim Zadran batting technique is just like Kane Williamson.

Users who are viewing this thread