T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

They are the best team in Asia mate. Top 20 overall which is fine imo no?
Just to remind you, the Test playing nation's such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are all Asian teams.

Just to remind you, the Test playing nation's such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are all Asian teams.
@Bevab comment was about Japanese Footy Team :)

Kiwis decided to be Kiwis today.

THE NAAGIN DERBY DELIVERS YET AGAIN!

They are the best team in Asia mate. Top 20 overall which is fine imo no?

Yeah, Japan are perfectly fine for a team that embraced football late but I made that comment in the context of financial resources = sporting success (Japan’s got one of the best economies out there) when Japan aren’t that good. Maybe they aren’t the perfect example that I had envisioned. :p

Ireland is like one of the richest countries in the world bro
They've a high GDP because the Republic of Ireland is a tax haven. It is not reflected in the quality of life enjoyed by the general population. It does however increase the cost of living, and the cost of doing business domestically - which is a big part of why Ireland's ICC funding goes so much less far than it does in comparable countries.

It also has nothing to do with what the

It has a population of 5.3 million and most of them aren't interested in cricket.
Also this. This is what I was alluding to when I said "GAA lads", but you phrased it more sensibly.

@Aislabie is the expert so I’ll defer to him but I do find it weird that there hasn’t been too many new faces in the squad despite the lack of progression. I also think the Irish side is a better test side than they’re given credit for but haven’t really got a proper platform to establish themselves whereas their white ball side isn’t as good.
Somewhat.

There has definitely been a fallow period in terms of young players coming through. You correctly pointed out the severe lack of competition for places, but that's not to say there aren't young players coming through: this has a great deal with the fact that the Interpros are not the highest standard while also missing any first-class cricket. And a lot of the most able players debut as teens or in their very early 20s, meaning that when they're 24 it feels like they've been playing forever. Looking at Josh Little, but this also applies to the likes of Tucker, Adair, and plenty of others besides.

Also, all of the above was written last night, but I fell asleep before hitting send - so I can't speak for whether I'm talking gibberish or not.

Users who are viewing this thread