TAOC Discussion

langerrox said:
Bit like the ICC logo isnt it?
How so? I haven't spotted much resemblance, maybe I'm dumb. Theirs is a black picture of a batsman in front of a white background, luke's isn't a lot like that except for the white background.

Yup, it's good, but too big- you need to send them in a pack to [email protected] with the sizes- 80*80, 300*100, 100*100.

If you do that then they can be used on the website.

ok. I'm just not happy with a number of things regarding the logo.
e.g : 1. it looks like its in a box (straight edges)
2.the borders are too ridgid, gonna actually draw them and then scan them in
3. and I'm going to experiment with type justification & colour

Ok, thats fine. Actually it does look similar to the ICC logo.

icc_logo_165x200.jpg

Well the sooner you can do all that, the quicker you can have your logos on the site!

Looks good, what it really reminds me of is the 2003 world cup logo. It was like that but black and white, like Zebra stripes.

PS, This game looks like ti could be fantastic LM, keep up the magnificent work.

By the way, I dont like the new website. The way it was set out, and the initial colour scheme was softer and more welcoming, and it looked good. This just reminds me of crappy EA game websites, and game download sites, and it just looks harsh, not very pretty. I can tell you, if I came across the first website by accident, I'd stay and have a look around it, but this new one, I'd turn up my nose before it even finished loading.

No offence, but the first version looked much better.

Well, the only way I can improve the site is with visitors' help. Search the web for free Xanthia themes, find one that you like and post the link here. I'd be more than happy to install it for you.

EDIT: I've installed a new theme. Opinions please.

Last edited:
Hi
This is the revised logo.

Did'nt work? oh well.
Hey Skateboarder I'm not sure about the resolutions 4 the logo. Do you want it 300x300, 100x100 & 80x80?
thanks

Attachments

• blue logo2.jpg
    blue logo2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 346
  • orange logo2.jpg
    orange logo2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
this is looking sick so far. i can help with SA domestic if needed later on.

I've added an Arcade now, so if you ever got bored whilst on the site, you can whip down there and play a few games. We have Airfox, Pacman, Snake and Space Invaders atm. I'll add a few more soon.

EDIT: Added a new car game.

Last edited:
Update

Hi all,

weekend updates:

- ok, spent the weekend reworking the batsman model. Sounds pretty low-key, but actually there was tons of work to do here...the new improved version now deforms much better when animated and has a much smoother appearance, making the model look much better overall. Not only this but the previous model had some real structural issues that made it very difficult to handle uvmapping and texturing properly. The new model is much more advanced and symmetrical and is much easy to texture. So overall, a very pleasing result. All that remains on this model now is to perfect the skin deformation with regards to links and tendons etc. once animated. Unfortunately working on this meant not much other work got completed, but this was very necessary and lays the groundwork for all of the remaining models to be constructed in a similar fashion, using this one as a good foundation. :cheers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NB ** I now have a good set of uvmaps / templates for the kits, so if any highly skilled kitmakers want to get busy and start making some kits, PM me and i'll send you the templates
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other thing i did finalise is the boundary collision, so now the ball knows when it is a 4 or a 6.

The batsman should be finished tonight, which means from tomorrow onwards it's back to the batsman stroke animations.

Now, a few housekeeping things...

i) LukeDaPuke - the pics of your updated logo dont seem to work?? Please can you investigate? The prototype looked pretty cool ;)

ii) Skateboarder - good work on the site - it's looking much better...still waiting on the logos though...

iii) I will release some more screens / videos once this batsman is completed...also show off the boundary collision, so watch this space.

iv) just a reminder, i haven't forgotten or ignored anyone who has offered their support or assistance, so please be patient and i will contact you once your assistance is required. Please also do not be offended if i cannot reply to any of your messages etc. in a timely fashion as i am very busy these days working on the game :onpc

cheers,

LM

i can post the real logos of teams here if u want ... sorry but i can only help on minor things like this .. plzz can i ...

Users who are viewing this thread