TAOC Discussion

You're right, im overdue an update ;)

Wicket Keeper AI is just about completed. He will now dive, jump, shuffle and catch the ball when it goes past the batsman. Works great for quicks, but for spin i still have a bit of a problem. I cant seem to make him judge the spin right lol...but im still working on that. Have also been fixing numerous more bugs that have popped up, well when i say bugs i mean stuff that should be fixed...fixed a glitch in running between wickets that had me stumped (no pun intended) for ages and also improved cameras and stroke power. Also spent a fair bit of time fixing up the umpire - a lot of bugs have been hanging around for quite some time especially with regards to combo decisions, like 4 wides, where he should signal a wide AND a 4, but umpire is now totally fixed and working well. So to summarise, wicket keeper is 90% complete, then i can re-use a lot of that code for the fielders, which is going to be tough getting the right players to chase and also judge where to catch/stop the ball etc. but ive been giving it heaps of thought and have come up with some great ideas for accomplishing it. Hoping to have wicket keeper totally completed early this week i.e. by Wednesday if all goes according to plan. The next video will show the wicket keeper and hopefully fielders doing stuff.

In other news, JK has been working round the clock on the 'out-of-game' custom editor, which will be a front end app allowing all stats to be edited for all players and teams. So far it is coming along brilliantly! It will save a LOT of time in terms of data entry for stats. There is still a fair bit to go on it, but so far it will read in existing team lists and allow you to edit players' stats and save it back to the file. Ill let him explain more in due time, but its really impressive how quickly he's managed to do so much in so short a time frame :)

LM

Last edited:
You're right, im overdue an update ;)

Wicket Keeper AI is just about completed. He will now dive, jump, shuffle and catch the ball when it goes past the batsman. Works great for quicks, but for spin i still have a bit of a problem. I cant seem to make him judge the spin right lol...but im still working on that. Have also been fixing numerous more bugs that have popped up, well when i say bugs i mean stuff that should be fixed...fixed a glitch in running between wickets that had me stumped (no pun intended) for ages and also improved cameras and stroke power. Also spent a fair bit of time fixing up the umpire - a lot of bugs have been hanging around for quite some time especially with regards to combo decisions, like 4 wides, where he should signal a wide AND a 4, but umpire is now totally fixed and working well. So to summarise, wicket keeper is 90% complete, then i can re-use a lot of that code for the fielders, which is going to be tough getting the right players to chase and also judge where to catch/stop the ball etc. but ive been giving it heaps of thought and have come up with some great ideas for accomplishing it. Hoping to have wicket keeper totally completed early this week i.e. by Wednesday if all goes according to plan. The next video will show the wicket keeper and hopefully fielders doing stuff.

LM

LM nice to hear u fixed the bugs and wicket keeper good i have question what about the lbw decision by umpires will that be correct most of the times like ea how plum it is never gives it out random times he gives it out

LM and is there any video avalaible with sounds i mean like bat sounds or commentry sounds if there is do u have any link

Last edited:
Sounds great LM. Pleased to hear you have fixed some of the bugs, and hopefully using the code from the keeper to the fielders won't post too many problems. Seems like JK is doing some great work as well, so keep it up :)

LM nice to hear u fixed the bugs and wicket keeper good i have question what about the lbw decision by umpires will that be correct most of the times like ea how plum it is never gives it out random times he gives it out

LM and is there any video avalaible with sounds i mean like bat sounds or commentry sounds if there is do u have any link

I hated that LBW bug in EA...so ridiculous...in TAOC, the umpires will be correct 95% of the time, to allow for human error. Plus, each umpire will have individual stats, with weaknesses that will mean some umpires have a tendency to give more 'dodgy calls' than others.

Mate, sounds are not in yet, so there has been no video with sound made yet. But once it does have sound you'll know about it ;)

LM

:hpraise

You cannot be praised enough.

Last edited:
will the commentary will be like this because that was great commentry i want bumble to commentary like in this oh ya pulled away and the stump sound and the bowling sound was great

will the commentary will be like this because that was great commentry i want bumble to commentary like in this oh ya pulled away and the stump sound and the bowling sound was great

No. Members of this forum will be the commentators. There is not enough money to do it. And it would be hard because the 2 people that are making this are in seperate countries.

No. Members of this forum will be the commentators. There is not enough money to do it. And it would be hard because the 2 people that are making this are in seperate countries.

oh nice i wont mind it all if its good thanks for informing tho me

Guys, A Suggestion.

When the Bowlers Runs up To Bowl. The Batsmen Just Stands Up. He Doesn't Turn Around, Look, Or Be Ready For the Ball, Doesn't Hit the Bat Down Twice or Thrice. It Would be Nice to Have The Batsmen Marking His Standing Position By Raging his Feet Down the Pitch Like A Bull. Isn't It?

In Game, When A Player Wants To Move The Position Of The Batsmen, The Batsmen Will Realistically Move And Mark his Feet Position Again Like a Bull By Raging His Feet Down to Make a New Mark On the Crease And Signalling The Umpire That He Moved His Feet Position.

It Should Be More Realistic Guys. Not Bringing The Batsmen Into the Action Only.... When the Bowler Bowls. But Also, Doing Some Realistic Things Which are Done in Real-Life By Putting His Bat Down and Tighte'ning His Gloves and Looking All Over The Ground In the Meanwhile. By Hitting His Bat Down Twice Or Thrice ( I think i Said This Before) And When the Bowler Approaches, Hhe Should Get Ready For the Ball By Swinging The Bat In The Air and Play the Shot When The Ball Approaches.. (Depending on the Bat-Lift) .. The Batsmen Should Swing His Bat More Higher If he Has a Big Bat - Lift and Swing Low If He has a Low Bat - Lift.

You Should Consider On Putting "Bat - Lift " As An Option In "Create A New Player" Option (If Available.).

Just Watch a Match Entirely Only Focusing On the Batsmen and Re-Do Their Moves Entirely On TAOC.

I Will Get into Commenting, If I Find Any Thing's Missing Or Any Idea Regularly Strikes Into My Mind.:p.

And yes, Sledging And Jogging Of the Batsmen, Regular Exercises,( Take a Look at Some Matches To Implement Some Regular Warm-Ups.... Like Stretching Arms To Left and Right And forth and Back and Lol, Many More.... And These Warm-Ups Of the Batsmen, When He Comes Out To The Crease Would Be Good And Cool And This is What Fears The Other Cricket Game-Makers.)

(ssoo..There are Even Some Small Points Which Can Fear Out Some Great Gaming Companies Like Warm-ups of the Batsmen. Etc;))

Cheer Up Guys. You're The First Team From A Great Community Like PC Doing a Challenging Game Only Considering You're Only The Forum Members. I Think EA And CODIES Will Be Shivering With Fear With The Quick Progress Of TAOC and Sitting In Their Bath-Rooms. ( You Know What People Do When They Get Feared Completely, That's Why I Listed Bath-Room As a Reason.;).)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread