TAOC Discussion

No reason not to have MPH (despite the fact it is a backwards system and should have been obsoleted decades ago), it is very simple math/coding to change it over.

England is a major cricketing country, and they measure speed in miles per hour. I haven't got a clue what kilometres per hour is.

England is a major cricketing country, and they measure speed in miles per hour. I haven't got a clue what kilometres per hour is.
A kilometre is about 1000 metres.

A mile is 1760 yards, or 5280 feet. Notice the numbers aren't quite as easy with miles.

Using miles instead of kilometres is like using a manual car instead of an automatic, or jumping the fence instead of walking through the gate, or going to the toilet although you could get away with urinating in the shower, and so on.

Just simpler.

Here are the Aussies.

Maximum

McGrath - 135kph (Mostly between 125-130. Effort ball is 130+)
Lee - 155kph (Mostly between 145-150. Effort ball is 150+)
Tait - 160kph (Mostly between 145-155. Effort ball is 155+
Johnson - 150kph (Mostly between 145-150.)
Watson - 140kph
Clark - 135-140kph

I don't really know the spinners

Best to probs keep it in a range so that you can have a value for the bottom and top of the bar. E.g.

Mcgrath - 120-135kph
Lee - 130-155kph
etc...

Just thought of something. Is there going to be hawkeye and snicko for us story writers out there, or is it too complicated?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually used for showing stuff like a batsman's swing of the bat. It shows that if the batsman swung the bat fully, how the bat would move and stuff.

But as you said, As the game is using one set of animations, its not needed.

Another questions.
Will it be like when we autoplay, Shahid Afridi plays very fast and does perform sometimes?? Like has a S/R of more than 100??

It's actually used for showing stuff like a batsman's swing of the bat. It shows that if the batsman swung the bat fully, how the bat would move and stuff.

But as you said, As the game is using one set of animations, its not needed.

Another questions.
Will it be like when we autoplay, Shahid Afridi plays very fast and does perform sometimes?? Like has a S/R of more than 100??

the autoplay will be dependent upon the current RR / Asking RR,
batsman /bowling stats, pitch/outfield/weather conditions etc...

and for people like afridi, they dont really care for the situation and just
go boom boom !:p :D...so in such cases, the players would be throwing
their wicket away most of the times ! ;)
oh and yes, their SR would always be around 100 ! :)

the autoplay will be dependent upon the current RR / Asking RR,
batsman /bowling stats, pitch/outfield/weather conditions etc...

and for people like afridi, they dont really care for the situation and just
go boom boom !:p :D...so in such cases, the players would be throwing
their wicket away most of the times ! ;)
oh and yes, their SR would always be around 100 ! :)
The answer was Spot on!

And will it be like he gets a 100 about every 15-20 games?? Or a 50 every 5-6 games??

Thanks.

The answer was Spot on!

And will it be like he gets a 100 about every 15-20 games?? Or a 50 every 5-6 games??

Thanks.

yes, he'll score more of quickfire 30-40s, some of 50+
and very few /rare 100+ and that would mostly be against weaker
oppositions :)

A note on the autoplay, i think it is very important that it is done right and realistically, so im going to spend a fair bit of time on it. Because we are creating 'artificial intelligence' for the CPU to decide what happens, i need to have enough stats and circumstances where realistic things happen. So in the case of Afridi for example, i need to (behind the scenes) have his stats reflect the way he should perform in a game. This means, as long as his stats are pretty spot on, then he will perform like that in the AI/autoplay. So he would be classed as an agressive batsman and his average and strike rate would be used as guidelines as to how he would perform, also how many 50's and 100's he has scored, his current form, morale, team situation, weather, pitch, stadium etc.

- i will include and option to display bowling speeds in kmph or mph

LM

A note on the autoplay, i think it is very important that it is done right and realistically, so im going to spend a fair bit of time on it. Because we are creating 'artificial intelligence' for the CPU to decide what happens, i need to have enough stats and circumstances where realistic things happen. So in the case of Afridi for example, i need to (behind the scenes) have his stats reflect the way he should perform in a game. This means, as long as his stats are pretty spot on, then he will perform like that in the AI/autoplay. So he would be classed as an agressive batsman and his average and strike rate would be used as guidelines as to how he would perform, also how many 50's and 100's he has scored, his current form, morale, team situation, weather, pitch, stadium etc.

- i will include and option to display bowling speeds in kmph or mph

LM

Let hope everything goes according to plan. I am still waitin 4 the tutorial picture paul. please do send becuase i have 3 weeks still.

Users who are viewing this thread