TAOC Discussion

Hey LM just a question!
Would this game still be in development if EA or Codies were to deliver a good game? Or would you stop?

That's probably one of the best questions ever asked on here :)

When C07 and BLIC 07 were both coming out i asked myself the same question. The answer was that i should continue anyway. It just so happened that they were both crud, so i didn't have to make the call myself. But if one of them did make a truly great game that had everything i wanted and had great AI and ball physics and replayability and full editing etc then i would have to seriously consider it. But i really think the liklihood of that is pretty slim.

LM

I'm just wondering, how will you add stuff onto the game?

Like you said that you might put on a career mode. But how would you add that into the game? Because it would have to be added into the menu etc.

I'm just wondering, how will you add stuff onto the game?

Like you said that you might put on a career mode. But how would you add that into the game? Because it would have to be added into the menu etc.

It would be built into a new .exe plus any required additional media which would be distributed as a patch - overwriting any existing files. Easy Peasy. :)

The exe contains all the code required to run the game, so its the most critical component. Then (in the career mode example) you'd have the additional media for menus, any extra team kits etc and additional raw data files for competitions, stats, players etc

LM

Yeah, guys, it is a fine line :) I gotta make sure its all working well, and not rush it like some companies (ahem).... you gotta understand, im as keen to play it as everyone else - cant wait to have a test series and for fielders to actually try their best to stop the ball...i hate being able to score so easily with no resistance lol...

So once the fielding is done. You will be able to play normally. Like bowling to the batsman with the keeper working etc. Except for the umpires?

Yeah, guys, it is a fine line :) I gotta make sure its all working well, and not rush it like some companies (ahem).... you gotta understand, im as keen to play it as everyone else - cant wait to have a test series and for fielders to actually try their best to stop the ball...i hate being able to score so easily with no resistance lol...

When can we expect to see the keeper in action?

Oh and one more thing, Do you have a girlfriend as was that what was keeping you so busy those 3 months

Just thinking is it really necessary for an autoplay mode, because I have only used autoplay twice ever I think, as I like to be able to have control over what is happening. If you don't like bowling or batting well then that is 50% of the game going straight away

Users who are viewing this thread