TAOC Discussion

If you cannot follow the instructions it's not my fault. If you have any experience of using baggi studios you'll know what I'm on about. If not, I don't have the time to explain it here. Get familiar with Baggi Studios is all I can suggest. If you can't be bothered to do any work yourself I can't be bothered to help you.

Please can we stay on topic now. I don't want this worthwhile thread being taken off topic.

Lazy Check Your PM Please. I Dont Want To Go Off Topic.

How much will this game cost?

not yet decided ! ;)

although tbh......i dont expect much money coming from the donation
point of view.....as this forum primarily belongs to teenagers and they
cant/dont have credit cards to transfer via say paypal........

money is not much of an issue.....just hoping that the game
shouldnt receive too much flak !! that'll totally demoralize
me and paul and make us not want to work on the game anymore.

not being too proud or arrogant but you guys have no idea
what all we have sacrificed in making TAOC and still the
game is only half finished !!

plus, we also need to make sure that its on par with the
commerical cricket games whilist making sure we dont
get too carried away or spend too much time with the GFX etc...

we arent getting payed, theres no sponsor nor a publisher waiting
in line for us ! heck, we dont even know if they'll be arsed
to play the game once !
only a handful of people know abt this game !

also, new developers(e.g cricket revolution) are evolving
out of the blue and tbh....its just making things worse !!

anyways....ENOUGH OF RANT !!! TIME TO WORK ON THE ANIMATIONS :onpc:working:cheers

A bit out of the blue, but bravo.

lol.

yeah, its true. Im thinking maybe of doing something like Radiohead did, release the game for download, with the website asking you how much you want to pay for it :)

So if you think it's worth $0 you pay $0...if you think it's worth $20 you pay that etc etc.

Of course the demo will also be released first so you will get an idea of what its like before downloading the full thing.

I would just hope to make a bit of cash maybe that could go back into improving it for the next version ;)

But to be honest its a labour of love now, and past the point of turning back. So much time and effort has been put in at the expense of social life, that i just hope it ends up being well received.

cheers for all the support.

LM

Lazy Chesnut Please Check Your PM

Sorry For Being A Pain LM And Jkartik

I Cant Wait For This Game. Just Seen The Overlays And There Outstanding.

I have checked my PM. I have other things to do in my life than check my PMs every hour. I've explained as much as I'm going to, now sod off and find someone else to pester.

LM I forgot to mention in my PM, if you want me to do any work on things like AI mindsets given a game situation (basically work out how to play based on scorecard) or even commentary trigger 'intelligence' I'm more than willing to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
LM I forgot to mention in my PM, if you want me to do any work on things like AI mindsets given a game situation (basically work out how to play based on scorecard) or even commentary trigger 'intelligence' I'm more than willing to help out.

My suggestion was to constantly use the duckworth lewis system behind the scenes to give sort of AI on the current game situation in the second innings. So from this both sides can determine batting, bowling and fielding strategy. Of course this really only applies to one dayers but its a start anyway. It save on having to develop your own logic. In my opinion the duckworth lewis is probably as good as youre going to get.

lol.

yeah, its true. Im thinking maybe of doing something like Radiohead did, release the game for download, with the website asking you how much you want to pay for it :)

So if you think it's worth $0 you pay $0...if you think it's worth $20 you pay that etc etc.

Of course the demo will also be released first so you will get an idea of what its like before downloading the full thing.

I would just hope to make a bit of cash maybe that could go back into improving it for the next version ;)

But to be honest its a labour of love now, and past the point of turning back. So much time and effort has been put in at the expense of social life, that i just hope it ends up being well received.

cheers for all the support.

LM

LM

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that if the game is half as good as it's looking, you'll get a shitload of money. Personally, I'd have no qualms throwing $100+ your way for it and I know many more people who would happily pay for it.

Not all of us are teenagers with no money. Some of us do work and are happy to part with our money for a quality product.

Keep up the excellent work and don't rush it!!!!

:cheers

I have checked my PM. I have other things to do in my life than check my PMs every hour. I've explained as much as I'm going to, now sod off and find someone else to pester.

I'm afraid I am going to have to agree. I get so many PMs saying "Make me a Vbookie mod blah blah blah" that it clogs up my inbox so i can't receive PM's in the end and I start ignoring them by accident. I would however encourage you to speak in a friendlier tone no matter how annoyed you are with him

Yes Tomas, i would also like to encourage you to speak in a friendlier tone.

I Asked One Question Which You Still Didnt Explain. Were The Heck Are The CDS And DDS Extensions? Its Just A Load Of Codes On The Hex Editor. And I Still Need The Template I Asked For 4 Times!

I Asked One Question Which You Still Didnt Explain. Were The Heck Are The CDS And DDS Extensions? Its Just A Load Of Codes On The Hex Editor. And I Still Need The Template I Asked For 4 Times!

It would be best if you emailed him if his PM box is full. I'm sure LM would prefer his thread not be used to discuss this issue. However chestnut appears quite busy so I would recommend you give him a bit of time. I'm sure what you are doing can wait a few days. Let's just try and keep everything friendly

Don't Have His Email Address And He's PM Box Isnt Full I Just Know That He Won't Reply. GRRRR

Users who are viewing this thread