TAOC Discussion

Hi all,

been a while since last update, just wanted to give a heads up.

Fielding has turned out to be much more difficult than expected with some real curveballs thrown my way, HOWEVER - i am making progress, slowly but surely. Catching chances are now all taken care of. So the fielder (who is in best position) will make a judgement whether he can reach the ball in time for a catch. If he can, then he will run to the correct spot and catch it ;)

If he cant, then he needs to run to where he can intercept the ball after it bounces. This is where im getting a lot of grief lol. Once i do that i can apply the same algorithms to ground shots (e.g. drives) - meaning the fielder who is in the best position needs to intercept the ball and return it back to the bowler or keeper. Anyway, we will get there evenntually, just a hard slog, and lot of time and thinking.

Still, have to say that its very exciting to finally see the fielders running around with some life! ;)

Anyway, please as usual stay patient and we'll have a really quality video for the next one when it finally is released.

cheers,

LM

Will the fielders run in to take a catch, realise they aren't going to make it, and take it on the bounce? This will cause exasperation in the crowd and moans from the team mates?

Hi all,

been a while since last update, just wanted to give a heads up.

Fielding has turned out to be much more difficult than expected with some real curveballs thrown my way, HOWEVER - i am making progress, slowly but surely. Catching chances are now all taken care of. So the fielder (who is in best position) will make a judgement whether he can reach the ball in time for a catch. If he can, then he will run to the correct spot and catch it ;)

If he cant, then he needs to run to where he can intercept the ball after it bounces. This is where im getting a lot of grief lol. Once i do that i can apply the same algorithms to ground shots (e.g. drives) - meaning the fielder who is in the best position needs to intercept the ball and return it back to the bowler or keeper. Anyway, we will get there evenntually, just a hard slog, and lot of time and thinking.

Still, have to say that its very exciting to finally see the fielders running around with some life! ;)

Anyway, please as usual stay patient and we'll have a really quality video for the next one when it finally is released.

cheers,

LM

Great news :) one question LM :p can you please tell how many percentage of the game has been completed :cool: i hope more than 60 % :D

Will the fielders run in to take a catch, realise they aren't going to make it, and take it on the bounce? This will cause exasperation in the crowd and moans from the team mates?

would be great, but one step at a time ;)

if i can get all the other stuff working well, ill definately try to implement this

Great news :) one question LM :p can you please tell how many percentage of the game has been completed :cool: i hope more than 60 % :D

more than 60% - id say around 72%

LM

Last edited:
i like to see the fielders chasing the ball to the boundary in pairs as in real cricket..where one slides and gives the ball to another fielder running behind him and the second would throw the ball back!
would love to see this in a game.

would be great, but one step at a time ;)

if i can get all the other stuff working well, ill definately try to implement this

more than 60% - id say around 72%

LM

WOOPY :happy :happy only 28 % left now :D so we can expect a soon ...... :)

Users who are viewing this thread