TAOC Discussion

Will we be able to create custom series? Like if we want to go on a tour to lets say, we are Pakistan and want to go on a tour to India and play 3 tests, 5 odis and a T20. Can we just go for the tour together unlike cricket 07 where we have to take a long tour and can't have matches that we want?

Just what I needed to hear! Good luck with it, I hope you get the fielding issue sorted out!

Will we be able to create custom series? Like if we want to go on a tour to lets say, we are Pakistan and want to go on a tour to India and play 3 tests, 5 odis and a T20. Can we just go for the tour together unlike cricket 07 where we have to take a long tour and can't have matches that we want?

yep mate i hope so thats will be great idea you can have a 1 practise match because thats usally happens on real tours there is 1 practise match where in cricket 07 u have like more 10 practise matches which sucks lol i hope so because thats a great idea mate :cheers

Hey all,

sorry for the lack of updates and meaningful progress...

This fielding stuff is definately my toughest challenge yet and is really proving a difficult obstacle to overcome, but i am getting there, just way slower than hoped or expected. Im just really so time-starved, making it extremely frustrating. I wanted to thank everyone for being so patient and for your continuing support.

Each day im doing a little bit more, but there's some serious stuff that needs to be sorted with the fielding, though i know im really close to the finish line. Just want you all to know i am working on the game every day.

Seeing as there hasn't been any updates or anything for a while and the new vid seems miles away, im going to upload a few new pix and maybe a teaser vid in the interim, just to tie us over til the fielding is done.

expect these no later than the end of this weekend.

cheers,

LM

I do want to have this. Should be able to, but wont know until i attempt it. Im 90% sure i will be able to have this.

Last edited:
One piece at a time, LM, one piece at a time.

All of a sudden, you'll find that all the work is done! Fantastic commitment though, buddy.

Guys,

Posted some teaser pix in the Game Screens thread - a few new videos and more pix are being posted to the official TAOC website (http://www.theartofcricket.net) - it will be announced here when they are all up and ready.

hope you enjoy them while we wait for the fielding to get done. :cheers

LM

This has probably been answered before, but who is making the graphics for the game

ok, i know for a fact that you are great graphic makers, with matts overlays and the screeies i have seen.

Also you might want to look at the cricket 07 thread for some ideas on graphics there is a lot in the forums

This game looks like it is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work fellas.

What Overlay is going to be used for the game. Will it be one overlay or 1 assigned to each country. Some one made a graphics selector for cricket 07, which allows you to assign graphics such as overlays, pitch ads, stumps etc to each country. It would be great if there was something like that is this. Great work anyway

Hey all,

apologies once again. Im afraid fielding is really really causing massive problems for me. The level of realism im striving for is making it almost impossible. Ive been working with Tom (Lazy Chestnut) to nut some stuff out, but the big problem i have is that the ball a) bounces and b) decelerates. I dont believe there is any 'formula' for intercepting a decelerating object!

Anyhow, im working on a new method which i am confident will get me close to where i want it to be, but ive put well over 80 hours now into fielding i would say, and its driving me nuts!!

So, please continue to be patient and be aware that i am going as fast as i can. My limited physics knowledge is being tested way beyond its ability here...lol.

cheers,

LM

Users who are viewing this thread