TAOC Discussion

Great efforts put in by you guys on this.Great work.KIU.
Im curious to know,wont the mendis style bowling action be in the game?(just asking).

I am sure it will have mendis action, if not in initial release then as a patch.;)

UPDATE :-

ok people...i've finished the Defensive Blocks for Pacers....looks good !! :)
now....if everything goes according to the plan...we might be able to release a new
video around the 2nd week of march....and it will have the following things...

1) NEW PLAYER MODELS

2) NEW REFINED ANIMATIONS - much smoother

3) NEW BATTING SHOTS :-

i) Lofted Square drive
ii) Lofted Pull (Spin)
iii) Paddle Sweep
iV) Scoop Shot
v) Baseball Shot
vi) Lofted Slog (Kneeling)
vii) Leave Ball
viii) Duck
ix) FF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS (PACE)
x) Over-The-Keeper / Slips Flick
xi) BF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS

4) NEW BOWLING ANIMS :-

i) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Generic)
ii) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Slingy / Malinga)
iii) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Brett Lee)
iv) Medium / Medium Fast (generic)
v) Off Spin (Saqlain Mushtaq)
vi) Off Spin (Chris Gayle)
vii) Leg Spin (Warne)
viii) Leg Spin (Anil Kumble / Afridi Style)

5) LEFT ARM BOWLERS COMING INTO PLAY

6) NEW RUNNING ANIM

7) NEW BOWLER RUN-UP ANIM

and if the vid and the anims turn out to the quality which am picturing in my head
right now....it'll be the best TAOC vid to be released yet !!! :D

great news. cant wait!

noticed nothing has been said about the fielding animations here. so i guess fielding wont be one of the highlights of this video.

I just want to say that this Game is coming along brilliantly. I definetley want to donate, Otherwise i will feel like a thief. Great stuff guys, I'm not sure I would have the work ethic and dedication for all this, But you guys sure do.

I am sure it will have mendis action, if not in initial release then as a patch.;)

Nah, Kumble's action is pretty similar. They will probably include all of Mendis ball types but not the action itself.

have been working continuously during the weekend...!!
7 hrs yesterday and 9 hrs today...!! 16 hrs in 2 days and that
too in 37C temperature with No Air conditioner and crappy fan may seem
impossible but trust me.....i really didnt feel all these hours as i was
more than 100% into it !! some people might not buy this but i was so engrossed that i forgot to have lunch today and didnt even realize it !! :eek:

anyhoo....finished creating the Brett Lee action...! its come out really well..
much better than what i had expected..! :D

also, finished the bowler run-up in a combined effort by me and Paul ! :)

this is the list that i had put up for the next vid....the ones in RED are INCOMPLETE !

1) NEW PLAYER MODELS

2) NEW REFINED ANIMATIONS - much smoother (WIP)

i) Lofted Square drive
ii) Lofted Pull (Spin)
iii) Paddle Sweep
iV) Scoop Shot
v) Baseball Shot

vii) Leave Ball
viii) Duck
xi) BF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS

vii) Leg Spin (Warne)

6) NEW RUNNING ANIM

cheers :cheers

JK

Last edited:

have been working continuously during the weekend...!!
7 hrs yesterday and 9 hrs today...!! 16 hrs in 2 days and that
too in 37C temperature with No Air conditioner and crappy fan may seem
impossible but trust me.....i really didnt feel all these hours as i was
more than 100% into it !! some people might not buy this but i was so engrossed that i forgot to have lunch today and didnt even realize it !!

anyhoo....finished creating the Brett Lee action...! its come out really well..
much better than what i had expected..!

also, finished the bowler run-up in a combined effort by me and Paul !

this is the list that i had put up for the next vid....the ones in RED are INCOMPLETE !

1) NEW PLAYER MODELS

2) NEW REFINED ANIMATIONS - much smoother (WIP)

i) Lofted Square drive
ii) Lofted Pull (Spin)
iii) Paddle Sweep
iV) Scoop Shot
v) Baseball Shot
vii) Leave Ball
viii) Duck
xi) BF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS

vii) Leg Spin (Warne)

6) NEW RUNNING ANIM

cheers

JK

What about Harbhajan and Muralitharan bowling style? They are importan bowlers too. two great spinners. I like it that you have made Shane Warne's bowling style but can you please make Murali and Bhajji's too? Their bowling style is the weirdest and no generic ones suits them. Harbhajan starts off while swinging both his arms and then bowls and Murali starts swinging his right arm and then bowls. Please do these too.

Thats a great update Kartik!! You are really working hard! I would be surprised if this game doesn't get some awesome succes!!

What about Harbhajan and Muralitharan bowling style? They are importan bowlers too. two great spinners. I like it that you have made Shane Warne's bowling style but can you please make Murali and Bhajji's too? Their bowling style is the weirdest and no generic ones suits them. Harbhajan starts off while swinging both his arms and then bowls and Murali starts swinging his right arm and then bowls. Please do these too.

Do you actually want to be anymore ungrateful? good work jk keep it up! :)

Do you actually want to be anymore ungrateful? good work jk keep it up!
What do you mean ungrateful? He is making the animations and we can only request him to make it. I am asking him for bowler's model so i can help in the animation.

What do you mean ungrateful? He is making the animations and we can only request him to make it. I am asking him for bowler's model so i can help in the animation.

You are being ungrateful by not saying being happy with whats already been done, not once did you say well done on what they've done so far.

Great work, I shall definetly donate money towards this game well done :)

You are being ungrateful by not saying being happy with whats already been done, not once did you say well done on what they've done so far.
Well, i don't need to say anything such as well done or anything because a work that is praiseworthy doesn't need praises. His work doesn't need any good comments because its the best. We can just give him suggessions to make it greater.

Chill guys!

We all appreciate JK and LM's work and I think they have said in the past that one of the main reasons why they kept going was because of the praise and encouragement that they receive here..

Their work is self-evidently superior to most of the offerings we've seen but that doesn't mean it should go unacknowledged...

Well done TAOC staff!

Anyway, to MS Dhoni

I was quite interested in your ability to do animations as I feel future releases/patches of the game might include extra anims (if that's what JK and LM want) and a community to develop them could be awesome. Could you do an animation of a simple "stick" figure to show your potential? (perhaps taking a diving catch or something cool)...if it was awesome I'm sure people would take notice..

If you want examples of the standard of animation required and to see some shots you can look on the TAOC website under the video gallery or search for The Art of Cricket on Youtube...

Yusuf

Users who are viewing this thread