TAOC Discussion

Why is there so much arguement when it comes to TAOC, I forever see Lazy having to fight battles, poor guy.

Guys, lets tone down the arguing. The important thing out of all of this is that people are trying and we are getting some really good results. Some of the work still needs a fair bit of tweaking and texturing, but overall im very impressed, especially given that you guys have never modelled before a few weeks ago.

My best advice is read more tutorials - the net is full of tuts. Then practice and tweak. They can only improve. Its not a competition, rather we are working towards the end goal of creating a lot of great stadiums for the game.

UPDATE :-

ok people...i've finished the Defensive Blocks for Pacers....looks good !! :)
now....if everything goes according to the plan...we might be able to release a new
video around the 2nd week of march....and it will have the following things...

1) NEW PLAYER MODELS

2) NEW REFINED ANIMATIONS - much smoother

3) NEW BATTING SHOTS :-

i) Lofted Square drive
ii) Lofted Pull (Spin)
iii) Paddle Sweep
iV) Scoop Shot
v) Baseball Shot
vi) Lofted Slog (Kneeling)
vii) Leave Ball
viii) Duck
ix) FF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS (PACE)
x) Over-The-Keeper / Slips Flick
xi) BF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS

4) NEW BOWLING ANIMS :-

i) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Generic)
ii) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Slingy / Malinga)
iii) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Brett Lee)
iv) Medium / Medium Fast (generic)
v) Off Spin (Saqlain Mushtaq)
vi) Off Spin (Chris Gayle)
vii) Leg Spin (Warne)
viii) Leg Spin (Anil Kumble / Afridi Style)

5) LEFT ARM BOWLERS COMING INTO PLAY

6) NEW RUNNING ANIM

7) NEW BOWLER RUN-UP ANIM

and if the vid and the anims turn out to the quality which am picturing in my head
right now....it'll be the best TAOC vid to be released yet !!! :D

Excellent Update. No game concentrates on Bowling actions and you have done a amazing job. Different actions for every type of bowler. Really waiting for new video

Put it up on youtube please when realeased. I'm really looking forward to this one.

hello JK,i have already mailed to LM that i was really interested in releasing the video for which i had already made everything ready in Moviemaker andnow just game videos are left to add which i really want to add.overall,i just want to release first game official trailer

plzzz let me do that...:hpraise

hello JK,i have already mailed to LM that i was really interested in releasing the video for which i had already made everything ready in Moviemaker andnow just game videos are left to add which i really want to add.overall,i just want to release first game official trailer

plzzz let me do that...:hpraise

Dude.... i guess a proper trailer would be when we have the ai completed and with all new player models, stadiums etc...

In short, during the beta testing stage i guess!!

UPDATE :-

ok people...i've finished the Defensive Blocks for Pacers....looks good !! :)
now....if everything goes according to the plan...we might be able to release a new
video around the 2nd week of march....and it will have the following things...

1) NEW PLAYER MODELS

2) NEW REFINED ANIMATIONS - much smoother

3) NEW BATTING SHOTS :-

i) Lofted Square drive
ii) Lofted Pull (Spin)
iii) Paddle Sweep
iV) Scoop Shot
v) Baseball Shot
vi) Lofted Slog (Kneeling)
vii) Leave Ball
viii) Duck
ix) FF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS (PACE)
x) Over-The-Keeper / Slips Flick
xi) BF DEFENSIVE BLOCKS

4) NEW BOWLING ANIMS :-

i) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Generic)
ii) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Slingy / Malinga)
iii) Fast / Fast Medium Bowler (Brett Lee)
iv) Medium / Medium Fast (generic)
v) Off Spin (Saqlain Mushtaq)
vi) Off Spin (Chris Gayle)
vii) Leg Spin (Warne)
viii) Leg Spin (Anil Kumble / Afridi Style)

5) LEFT ARM BOWLERS COMING INTO PLAY

6) NEW RUNNING ANIM

7) NEW BOWLER RUN-UP ANIM

and if the vid and the anims turn out to the quality which am picturing in my head
right now....it'll be the best TAOC vid to be released yet !!! :D

Really very much eager to watch the video.KUTGW :thumbs

Well done JK... everything looks to be shaping up great!

Moving on to something else, are there any people out their who enjoy, or more importantly WANT to enjoy bowling in the game?

I'd like to know what mechanics LM and JK have employed to try and make this half of the game interesting. I always found the "pick-a-type-of-delivery and-place-the-cursor-on-the-pitch" style system quite repetitive and boring although I feel there will have to be an element of this involved.

This is especially the case with the pacers.

Maybe a system of sliding bars before the delivery/during the run up with one bar for Line, one bar for Length and another for Pace... (They would appear one after the other making the run up more entertaining at least!

The bar/meter would fill up quickly and you would have to hit a key to stop it (like the timing bar for batting).

Maybe the middle of the Line bar would be offstump, stop too early, wide outside offstump, too far and the ball would be speared down legside. Maybe each bowler could have a 'natural line' where the middle of the bar was and was different for each bowler.

The Length would be similar.. stop the meter too early and it would drop short and too far would be over pitched.

A dot would then appear on on the pitch to indicate where he ball will land.

(Bad bowlers meters would fill at different speeds making it hard to bowl accurately and it should get harder as bowlers tire out or if they are in bad form..) etc etc....

Swing and seam direction would be selected before the delivery and the amount of sideways movement determined by bowler stats and conditions...

This would make each ball a mini "skill event" just like batting and in my opinion would be loads more fun and more satisfying than the older systems. Some games already use this system for determining the pace and no balls.

Would love to know other peoples opinions!

Yusuf

The problem you get with this sort of system is that rubbish bowlers become harder to bat against as you don't know where the ball is going to be. I know this sort of happens in real life, but there are other factors which influence the real life game which cannot be in a video game.

lazy_chesnut added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I would like to see something that reflects rhythm, in that if you keep hitting the pace bar in roughly the right place, your rhythm builds up, and you can then bowl faster/with more spin/swing etc.

Last edited:
That's a very nice idea tom. In fact, that would put all bowlers into an equal level and believe that good bowlers can't always bowl nicely, which also adds up a sort of function for the gamer to take care of it.

:p

Good idea.

I see you what you mean.. I think.

The cursor on the pitch would still appear as with the old system when batting (and bowling for that matter) and yes rubbish bowlers would probably be more wayward in their line and length and therefore it would be harder to get into a groove batting against them compared to good bowlers who are on the spot but predictable... wouldn't mean the bad bowlers would get you out more, run scoring should be easier and their seam and swing would be minimal.

I found this a problem with the system in BLC 99 with the radius of the pitch point being much larger for bad bowlers making them really hard to play as the circle covered the whole width of the pitch and only condensed down to the spot where the ball would bounce at the last minute... while Mcgrath you knew would always be on off stump.

I think the WAYwe position the cursor could be different not trhe cursor eliminated entirely. BLC 99 made the cursor move erratically but you soon got the hang of it. The meter system could be more tweakable maybe?

I like your idea of developing rhythm..maybe the ideal spot would get bigger the more you hit it and would diminish when you missed. A bit like the confidence meter for the batsman...

It's just an idea , but the philosophy for bowling should be like batting in my view.. a little skill game that would keep each ball interesting..

The problem you get with this sort of system is that rubbish bowlers become harder to bat against as you don't know where the ball is going to be. I know this sort of happens in real life, but there are other factors which influence the real life game which cannot be in a video game.

We can make it so that a rubbish bowler sees a larger cursor but the batsman would see a smaller circle. Maybe we could do it so that the batsman's ability too determines the size of the circle the batsman sees.

Users who are viewing this thread