TAOC Discussion

LM just quickly the point about the keepers standing up to pace, will their ability effect them. e.g. if they're not at a certain level have you made it where they're not allowed to stand up or alternatively all keepers can stand up but their ability determines the chances of the dropping the ball more often or missing stumpings or allowing byes? thank you

There's no specific stat for 'standing up to the stumps against pace' ability, but the keeper's other stats will of course determine his overall ability.

Just to ask can you run if the ball goes through to the keeper (standing back),
there should be like a 3/4 chance of being out so you would only do it towards the very end of a T20 or ODI

yo yo yo guys am back in the hood....wzzup with all the holmies out here....you chilling..aye its cool....TAOC for life bro !!

hmmm....before you start judging me....i havent been inspired by usy...nor have i interacted with him lately....LOL...just wanted to see if i could pull off some gangsta stuff....and obviosuly i suck....hehehe..

and in case you didnt get the 1st para.....am back in mumbai.....
and will start work asap ! :D

cheers

JK

Last edited:
Just to ask can you run if the ball goes through to the keeper (standing back),
there should be like a 3/4 chance of being out so you would only do it towards the very end of a T20 or ODI

yes you can do that, but yes, would be very risky :)

Just want to say that I have been following the game's development for about a year now and am glad to see a new update on the website :) The new screens look incredible. I know the game isn't about the graphics but it looks great. It is also good to see the fielders running after the ball in one of the shots. Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to playing the game when it is finished :)

EDIT: well actually like two and a half years looking at when I joined this site :p, where has the time gone?

Just want to say that I have been following the game's development for about a year now and am glad to see a new update on the website :) The new screens look incredible. I know the game isn't about the graphics but it looks great. It is also good to see the fielders running after the ball in one of the shots. Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to playing the game when it is finished :)

EDIT: well actually like two and a half years looking at when I joined this site :p, where has the time gone?

Thanks, mate, always great to have such support (especially long time support) :cheers

UPDATE :-

have been working on the batting anims rigorously....!! made good progress.
the remaining shots :-

1) Paddle Sweep
2) Scoop Shot
3) DEFENSIVE BLOCKS FOR PACERS

also, me and LM have decided to add 2 new shots....the baseball shot..
where you just stand and deliver towards the mid-on / long-on region..!!

and the other shot would be the lofted mid-on shot but kneeling down..!
this shot is played a lot during the slog overs or T20...and comfortably
by guys like yuvraj ! ;)
its like the slog sweep...but directed towards long-on !!

cheers

JK

yo yo yo guys am back in the hood....wzzup with all the holmies out here....you chilling..aye its cool....TAOC for life bro !!

hmmm....before you start judging me....i havent been inspired by usy...nor have i interacted with him lately....LOL...just wanted to see if i could pull off some gangsta stuff....and obviosuly i suck....hehehe..

Thats why I deleted usy in my contact list. :p

1) Paddle Sweep
2) Scoop Shot

by guys like yuvraj ! ;)

cheers

JK

Awesome. I know that I use the baseball shot in the last few overs of a match, so having that is highly realistic. Everything really seems to be coming together now :thumbs

Why not even have a baseball mode? :p LOL good work. Sounds rich, :D..

1) Paddle Sweep
2) Scoop Shot

by guys like yuvraj ! ;)

cheers

JK

Yes! Loving the stand and deliver shot. That's awesome awesome. Can you pull a ball down the ground, like straight over the bowlers head? :D

The addition of the stand-and-deliver shot is very apt in my opinion. Every other cricket game ever made has had the batsmen still playing classical strokes right to the very last balls of an ODI, which is just a poor effort all around.

So, good thinking JK and LM. I look forward to seeing them in action.

Users who are viewing this thread