TAOC Discussion

It looks like there might be a few ways you could optimise this from a quick look. For example, the sticky out bit at the top (like wings or ears!) seem as though they are poly cubes placed in the correct location, but they don't exactly line up properly. Also, you are likely to be hiding some of the face it covers (annoying when texturing), and you have a completely hidden face of that box, which can be removed.

Similarly, above the top window there is what looks like a long, thin box which looks like it is obscuring another face, rather than being part of the same mesh. Again, I expect that that box still has all 6 faces, even though one face is completely obscured (this is just a guess).

I know it's only a rough texture, and you probably already know this, but your UV mapping is all over the place by the looks of it. Try as much as possible to keep the aspect ratio of your UV maps to 1:1 as it makes it far easier to get the textures to look like what you want.

I have attached one of my texture files to show how I do it - it takes a long time to get right, but it's the best way of texturing for games. Notice that the 'detail areas' (the DOS SANTOS STAND sign) are large, and the non-detail bit (like underside of roof, edges of roof, etc. are made small.

Attachments

• dossantos_Roof.jpg
    dossantos_Roof.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
Although Nabeel you can start your on thread (is it graphics forum or tech?) and you can get feedback because I don't think Paul wants you doing this in his thread. If you look up tutorials and keep practicing then you might get there eventually.

guys, am in chennai since the past 3 days....
will be back home only by this sunday/monday.....so no updates from me till then !!

JK

Well I just see the news that you have add D/L method. Is it true? I mean many persons including international players dont know how D/L method works and you are able to put this. If it is true then you guys are really legend

No Cricket Game has done this before

Last edited:
I hope I have a credit card by the time this game released. I want to pay even if it isn't asked...

could have been said but, is it possible to make the keeper go up top the stumps to say a medium pace bowler?

LM just quickly the point about the keepers standing up to pace, will their ability effect them. e.g. if they're not at a certain level have you made it where they're not allowed to stand up or alternatively all keepers can stand up but their ability determines the chances of the dropping the ball more often or missing stumpings or allowing byes? thank you

Users who are viewing this thread