TAOC Discussion

I don't see the point of the above post. Doesn't seem to have any tangible purpose.

Where are you getting your estimates of sizes of files from? Stadium files are actually pretty small, and unlikely to take up 1GB of space, I would estimate.

To summarise, pure drivel.

Bad day at uni then? :p

It isn't a big issue, but for the crowds, are you just going to have generic ones, or have them edited from real crowds???

I really don't know about the crowds. The one I made in the screenshot thread is from a photo of a football crowd in the winter, hence everyone wearing dark clothes. I think what's most likely is that there will be a generic crowd to begin with, but it may be possible to have a crowd per stadium, or maybe a crowd per team - so when Eng play Aus there will be a selection of white and green/yellow shirts in the crowd.

This is purely conjecture at the moment though. Also, for technical reasons it is likely that the texture quality of the crowds will be pretty low. See your own sig for examples of low-quality crowd textures!

the crowds will be flat for now as we have other more important things to
worry about !! ;)

meanwhile, a slight change of plans....the johannesburg stad is on hold
as i found a lot of glitches and few technical flaws in some shots....

also, the current Front Foot Defensive Shots are more geared towards
spinners i.e the batsman goes really down and defends slowly...
and hence doesnt play well during the faster ones....
so, i'll be creating a new set of Front Foot Defensive Shots just for
the faster ones.....

as you can see....the defense is also given equal importance !! ;)

once am through that...will start work on the stad asap...

cheers:cheers

JK

Awesome news. I was actually wondering about the front foot defensive shots, as in cricket games they are always way too low for fast bowlers. Good thinking.

How long ago was it since JK joined the team?

well...to be precise....the exact date of my joining would be
31st october 2005 !! :D long time isnt it........

a small request to the members out here....!! if you could provide me
with reference pix or videos of the following shots...it would be great
as am finding it hard to find them...

1) Paddle Sweep
2) Scoop Shot
3) late Cut

if it is a youtube vid or copyrighted....you can email it to me
at [email protected]

cheers

JK

Last edited:
Sachin's century at Chennai this year contained several gorgeous paddle sweeps off Graeme Swann. I'll try to dig them out for you and put them into little clips...

To be fair I would generally take shots from any Tendulkar video as he is not only techinically great and elegant but his shots aren't too quirky or distinctive and would look good as a general animation.

Yusuf

PS

Fantastic work on the attention to detail on the animations...this sort of diligence is what will take this game from merely very good to really great!

Sachin's century at Chennai this year contained several gorgeous paddle sweeps off Graeme Swann. I'll try to dig them out for you and put them into little clips...

To be fair I would generally take shots from any Tendulkar video as he is not only techinically great and elegant but his shots aren't too quirky or distinctive and would look good as a general animation.

Yusuf

PS

Fantastic work on the attention to detail on the animations...this sort of diligence is what will take this game from merely very good to really great!

thanx......and to tell ya...i always refer to the little master for any doubts ;)

but in this case he was not available....:(

a small request to the members out here....!! if you could provide me
with reference pix or videos of the following shots...it would be great
as am finding it hard to find them...

1) Paddle Sweep
2) Scoop Shot
3) late Cut

if it is a youtube vid or copyrighted....you can email it to me
at [email protected]

cheers

JK

Peitersen did a paddle-sweep to mishra as he brought up his century(15th to be precise).

I don't think that what you have posted is what JK is looking for :rolleyes:

How about every hour or so you see the players come together in a brief clip scene for a drinks break. Just to build upon the idea of a career type mode, if you were playing as a domestic side (e.g. IPL, English County, Aussie State) at the end of each season you could have a pool of players that sides have released/want to swap, and maybe teams could shortlist who they would like from you or who they would be prepared to give you for a certain player. You could also release players who are not performing at the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread