TAOC Discussion

They had messed up names as they did not have the rights.
But EA could have baught the rights but only really bothered with the Australian and English license. Apart from them EA don't care about the rest because the other countries just pirate games. It certainly isn't racist but just works from an economical point of view

New topic guys?

How do you think bowling changes should affect the gameplay?

Should batsmen concentration drop for a bit? Perhaps their ability to pick the ball should diminish for a few overs (assuming the arrow above the batsman's head indicating the type of delivery is still in!).

How should the AI use bowling changes. I remember some of the odd choices of opening bowler in BL 1999!

They had messed up names as they did not have the rights. Why is everything racist in your eyes? The mods are racist, the admins are racist, the members are racist and now Codies and EA, massive multi-national companies are racist.

Also why you are being so rude to Naveed, he was in no way rude to you and you start insulting the intelligence of a good friend of mine. I suggest if you can't start speaking politely to people, then a) they won't be polite to you and b) you aren't going to be very welcome here
Well, working on just english players and making them look like real players and carelessly working on asian players where they don't match no where close to the real life players, if this isn't racist then you can tell me a new name for this. They bought the right for the english playersw so it was that hard for them to buy the rights for asian players? If you are that smart then tell me what it is called other than being racist. Also, I am being rude to Naveed? cut out all thosae commentss saying "you insulted my berst friend". Don't try to show off you really care about him without knowing who started it first.
Right, is that your defense for everything? It's an open forum ffs, and TAOC is a community-made game as well. When we see an illiterate post, we have the opportunity to correct that opinion so human race can successfully advance. If you really have problems with people reading and responding to your ideas, then please, you're welcome to refrain from posting althogether. And btw, Tom is, in fact, one of the only people working on this game - so reading these so-called suggestions, and replying to them is, actually his "business".
Now that is absolutely an insult. Even an idiot whould be able to figure out that thats an insult. don't even try to argue on that and make yourself look like a fool.

Also, i didn't started all this, but it was you guys(not all but some of you)
I only gave suggessions and you were just to tell me if you likes the suggessions or not and why you didn't like it or why you likes it. You didn't have to write insulting comments about it. Also, like someone said, if i talk this way then no one would want me in this forum, then i don't care about it. I will visit the forum whenever i want to and you can't decide where i should post and where i shouldn't.

If you want to continue this then reply back, if you want to go on with new topic then don't reply to this.

Maybe you'll get banned again then it won't matter if you still visit :p

Anyway to yusuf's question. That would be quite a good idea, but not sure how it could be implemented. Maybe bringing the spinner on for a couple of overs before lunch, could make an edge more likely???

Well, working on just english players and making them look like real players and carelessly working on asian players where they don't match no where close to the real life players, if this isn't racist then you can tell me a new name for this. They bought the right for the english playersw so it was that hard for them to buy the rights for asian players? If you are that smart then tell me what it is called other than being racist. Also, I am being rude to Naveed? cut out all thosae commentss saying "you insulted my berst friend". Don't try to show off you really care about him without knowing who started it first.

Now that is absolutely an insult. Even an idiot whould be able to figure out that thats an insult. don't even try to argue on that and make yourself look like a fool.

Also, i didn't started all this, but it was you guys(not all but some of you)
I only gave suggessions and you were just to tell me if you likes the suggessions or not and why you didn't like it or why you likes it. You didn't have to write insulting comments about it. Also, like someone said, if i talk this way then no one would want me in this forum, then i don't care about it. I will visit the forum whenever i want to and you can't decide where i should post and where i shouldn't.

If you want to continue this then reply back, if you want to go on with new topic then don't reply to this.

What part of 'move on' did you not understand?

Maybe you'll get banned again then it won't matter if you still visit :p

Anyway to yusuf's question. That would be quite a good idea, but not sure how it could be implemented. Maybe bringing the spinner on for a couple of overs before lunch, could make an edge more likely???

Yeah I guess maybe each batsman could have an attribute for how quickly he adapts to new bowlers.

Well my post is more along the lines of what I would like to see in a game of cricket. Im not expecting or proposing that it be included in TAOC, but just suggesting it to get some ideas thrown around for future releases of this game / updates.

The thing I find really annoying in most cricket games (ALL actually) is the fact that there is absolutely no long-term incentive. Be it BLIC07 or EA07, you have the World Cup and then you win it and then thats it - amazing....yeah uhh NO. What about a ranking system? What about incentive for batsmen and bowlers to become the best in a calendar year? It will make the cumulative effects of back to back series far more important....overhauling the best test nation and becoming the new force to be reckoned with.

This would add loads more longevity in the game, which so far in every single cricket game Ive played, seem to be full of minor/hollow achievements. You win the World Cup in BLIC07 and then you start over by going back to the main menu. No repercussions or anything to show. Why not make the game more demanding? Where you win a series and get results from OTHER series as well and every week (or whenever a series is done) the rankings are updated. Whether its AI or online against real opponents?

I just think this is the way forward for cricket games....apart from having a truckload of stats and form DIRECTLY affecting the players on the field, i think this ranking system of players trying to become the best in the world and teams likewise, would do a lot to add fun towards a game of cricket.

But like I said, this might be off-topic but since we're all throwing ideas around I thought I would join in. Like I said, this is not one of those stupid irrational demands from me to LM - I think what they're doing is far beyond what any of us should be allowed to shoot down so Im not doing that.

So yeah, what do you guys think of the future of cricket games? I havent gone into the technicalities of this for a good reason....but I do think something like this should at some point be incorporated to make pc cricket games feel less like a bunch of pointless matches slung together for no real reward. Feel free to give your ideas on this...

P.S super work on TAOC dudes...looking stellar!

I think the PES Master League is a good model for how it might work - although that is tailored towards domestic competitions rather than Internationals, where the squad is picked from a pool of players, rather than doing transfers, etc.

I don't have much experience of county cricket, so internationals are what I am most likely to play, so it would be nice to have a 'career' mode for the internationals. Basically, you would pick touring squads and teams, but instead of just picking from a static list of players, as you progress through series after series, different domestic players have changes in form, etc. so you have to pick based on that.

Just an idea.

:happyWell i got infraction for what i wrote in this thread and i have consulted barmyarmy about it and told him that i just made a simple suggessions on TAOC and you guys made it a big issue. You could have said bad suggessions or its not possible but you replied it to me as if i had said somethign really horrible! Just letting him know so he won't bann me because of you guys.
Also, none of you guys can prove me wrong! none of you! English players are worked really carefully on the game than asian players. If someone gives me a good defence on this then i will quit the forum myself.:happy

You mean have a career like in ICC games?

Well Im not extremely familiar with the ICC version of it...and I guess you have more control over what happens in a game where you're physically on the pitch. I guess its something like a career mode, wouldnt necessarily want to label it as such because a lot of people confuse it with "create a player" mode which I think is a ridiculous idea for a cricket game with the state of current games. Theres far too many things to sort out in current games to jump ship towards a "create a player" scenario.

Anyway, like I said, I just want to see more purpose in future cricket games where the hours and hours you spend playing it actually contributes to a goal of sorts. I guess we wont see that until we actually get hold of cricket sims and not arcade-like games where there's very little else for gamers to do than hitting as many sixes as they can - because thats pretty much been the way things have panned out since the start of cricket games, exaggerated by all those ludicrous IPL patches and things which just show how the majority of fans dont really care too much about gripping/involving gameplay but like the ooh's and ahh's of some mindless fun.

I for one am not one of them. Im still of the old-school and a complete stats dork...cheap thrills dont really interest me :P I want to play a game and see intelligent information popping up on-screen relevant to the situation i.e 4th test in a series between SA and Oz and Steyn has made Ponting his bunny dismissing him 7 times in 8 innings: There should be proper AI to "realise" the situation and make a note of it onscreen. And those things can be further developed by introducing my main argument. Thats the stuff that gets me excited...I dont care about how many sixes I can hit in a gae or how fast I can chase down 200 in an IPL....its just rubbish really :P

Last edited:
:happyWell i got infraction for what i wrote in this thread and i have consulted barmyarmy about it and told him that i just made a simple suggessions on TAOC and you guys made it a big issue. You could have said bad suggessions or its not possible but you replied it to me as if i had said somethign really horrible! Just letting him know so he won't bann me because of you guys.
Also, none of you guys can prove me wrong! none of you! English players are worked really carefully on the game than asian players. If someone gives me a good defence on this then i will quit the forum myself.:happy

Stick to the topic

Users who are viewing this thread