TAOC Discussion

Wow. Progress is amazing. What can I say. I will definetley donate to this. If I didn't, I'd feel terrible.

What can i say? You guys continue to support us and provide us with the will to keep going. Without the support it would be hard to stay so committed, so everyone here is a really important contributing factor to the game. Cheers all! :cheers

I will be very surprised if everyone in this forum isnt playing this when its released. This forum will be a buzz. i cant wait.

Yo whenever i write anything in this thread, please don't think it as i am ordering something to you guys, but i am just requesting it. I know its hard and really lond process to make everyone's bowling actions but i'll tell you some names who's bowling actions you must work on. These are the bowlers with unique bowling styles. You should make seperate animations for: Harbhajan Singh(the way he swings his arms backward during his run-up), Muralitharan, Zaheer Khan, Sohail Tanveer, and probably Mendis. If you guys are able to pull this off then this will have the realistic bowling ever compared to current cricket games.

Batting: Yuvraj typical shot(goes for a six on leg side when he sits and hits it).

Fielding: i know this is hard thing that i am about to say and i know it is nearl impossible to do. I was thinking of some kind of fielding idea that when the batsman hits the ball and runs but the close up fielder stops the ball from going through(by diving or any way) and the batsman is surprised by it and he is almost a yard away from his crease and tries to hurry back, then a bar should appear on top of the fielder(like in BLIC07) and you have to tap "any button" and stop the bar as close to the middle line as possible to directly hit the stumps for a run out. the closer the bar stops to the middle, the closer the ball will go near the stumps. I know this is hard and nearly impossible but its not a bad idea to improve firlding. This should happen kind of in a slow motion.

Wicketkeeping: quick stumping

Well, these are my suggessions.
I wrote this yesterday and i want to know that does anybody think this is a good idea? Can it be done?

So basically, you want the actions of a load of Indian cricketers that no-one has ever heard of to be animated?

Also, what other types of stumping are there except quick ones?

So basically, you want the actions of a load of Indian cricketers that no-one has ever heard of to be animated?

Now he didn't have bad suggestions there. Thats the first proper post by him. You really wouldn't wanna go against him this time. And he just said 2 Indian bowlers and 2 Sri Lankan bowlers as well.

Just a question regarding TV overlays and scorecards, are you going just have a plain generic one and then let people go nuts editing overlays and scorecards or are you going to make your own special overlay for the game?

Not really important just something that peaked my interest.

I always see that it is always you who try to turn my posts into negative ones. If you don't like me in the forums then you can just ignore my posts. Don't try to make me look bad. You can always mind your busines you know! I haven't said anyting bad, i said they were just suggessions. Anyways, asian cricketers are the ones that need improvements. All the cricket game has improvement on english players all the time but no one pays attention to asian players. When i said quick stumping, i mean i don't want it to be like in cricekt 07 or BLIC07. By the way, in which game did you see quick stumping so far? next time, think about what you are writing and then post.

Well you are posting in his thread so it is kind of hard to ignore you ;) Also wtf are you on about English players being better than Asians players in games like 07? They are both the same. Crap!

I always see that it is always you who try to turn my posts into negative ones.
Trust me, even if he was - he wouldn't be the only one.
If you don't like me in the forums then you can just ignore my posts. Don't try to make me look bad. You can always mind your busines you know!
Right, is that your defense for everything? It's an open forum ffs, and TAOC is a community-made game as well. When we see an illiterate post, we have the opportunity to correct that opinion so human race can successfully advance. If you really have problems with people reading and responding to your ideas, then please, you're welcome to refrain from posting althogether. And btw, Tom is, in fact, one of the only people working on this game - so reading these so-called suggestions, and replying to them is, actually his "business".
I haven't said anyting bad, i said they were just suggessions.
Fair enough. lazy_chestnut was also showing you the practicalities and importance of your suggestions.
Anyways, asian cricketers are the ones that need improvements. All the cricket game has improvement on english players all the time but no one pays attention to asian players.
So on your basis, EA and Codies are racist now? They give all of the teams the same importance unless you can provide with otherwise evidence. I'll admit though, the amount of their importance (on the games themselves) is debatable.
When i said quick stumping, i mean i don't want it to be like in cricekt 07 or BLIC07. By the way, in which game did you see quick stumping so far?
Are wicketkeepers supposed to try to stump the batsmen slowly? I thought you were actually to take off the bails as fast as possible before the batsman can have a chance to get inside the crease?

But on a more serious note, that could be the failure of their implementation; but regardless, I never could make it make into the crease before the wicketkeepers actually stumped me. Have you?

Btw, ever played C02? That, if my memory serves correct, might satisfy your needs for "quick stumping".

next time, think about what you are writing and then post.
Same to you, my good friend. :)

---------------------​

Going back to your old post, you don't seem to be able to grasp this idea might not realize this, but having dozens of bowling animations are not really an important part of the gameplay - especially when the game is developed by a team of 2-3 people. So unless you're the one doing them, (which, going back to my old post, you'd be doing only after you provided proof of your skill), you're not likely to see them in the early releases of the game.

Last edited:
Right, is that your defense for everything? It's an open forum ffs, and TAOC is a community-made game as well. When we see an illiterate post, we have the opportunity to correct that opinion so human race can successfully advance. If you really have problems with people reading and responding to your ideas, then please, you're welcome to refrain from posting althogether. And btw, Tom is, in fact, one of the only people working on this game - so reading these so-called suggestions, and replying to them is, actually his "business".
Well, i don't think you can read well. My post was an opinion which Lazy tried to convert o a negative post. I think if you were smart enough to understand that then you wouldn't have postied this.

Fair enough. lazy_chestnut was also showing you the practicalities and importance of your suggestions.
Again, if you were smart enough to understand, you would understand that Lazy's post wasn't a comment but it was a note to show that my post was a useless comment on the game.

So on your basis, EA and Codies are racist now? They give all of the teams the same importance unless you can provide with otherwise evidence. I'll admit though, the amount of their importance (on the games themselves) is debatable.
If you call it a racist then yes thery are one. Name me one game which has Asian players as good as English players. Cricket 07 has every asian teams's names messed up and also their faces don't even match with those in real life where all the english players have correct names and their faces match close enough to those in real life. They gave about 4 or 5 types of asian faces which are used for multiple players. I don't think you are not too dumb to not understand this one.

Are wicketkeepers supposed to try to stump the batsmen slowly? I thought you were actually to take off the bails as fast as possible before the batsman can have a chance to get inside the crease?

But on a more serious note, that could be the failure of their implementation; but regardless, I never could make it make into the crease before the wicketkeepers actually stumped me. Have you?

Btw, ever played C02? That, if my memory serves correct, might satisfy your needs for "quick stumping".

Again, making yourself look like an ediot! Let me see how fast is the stumping in cricket 07? the wicketkeeper realizes after 20 seconds that the batsmen is out of his crease and then he goes for stumping. BLIC07, the wicketkeeper does the same thing. Also, when you were asking about C02, let me tell you, this is not C02 thread, this is a thread for a game called "The Art Of Cricket" and i am not going back to old game to satisfy my needs when i can just go play newer games.

Same to you, my good friend.
You have to focus on that more than anyone else buddy!:p

i can continue this for as long as i can. Simply reply to me.

Also wtf are you on about English players being better than Asians players in games like 07? They are both the same. Crap!

You can look at the comment i wrote to CNBD Novice and you will get your answer. There is a big difference between English players and Asian players in cricket games!

Last edited:
If you call it a racist then yes thery are one. Name me one game which has Asian players as good as English players. Cricket 07 has every asian teams's names messed up and also their faces don't even match with those in real life where all the english players have correct names and their faces match close enough to those in real life. They gave about 4 or 5 types of asian faces which are used for multiple players. I don't think you are not too dumb to not understand this one.

They had messed up names as they did not have the rights. Why is everything racist in your eyes? The mods are racist, the admins are racist, the members are racist and now Codies and EA, massive multi-national companies are racist.

Also why you are being so rude to Naveed, he was in no way rude to you and you start insulting the intelligence of a good friend of mine. I suggest if you can't start speaking politely to people, then a) they won't be polite to you and b) you aren't going to be very welcome here

I'm with matt on this one. I'll start a new topic to discuss. Will there be only the test playing nations to play with or will there be more international teams? I know there definately will be addons for this but just wondering

Users who are viewing this thread