TAOC Discussion

It would be cool for the quick defence shots if there was a play and miss when the batsman is totally beaten and they kind of 'feel' for the ball. Is that what is going to eventually happen. Sorry if you don't get me, like most things with cricket this is kind of hard to explain.

Great work JK! Keep it up...

Just a quick question: with such a myriad of shots would it be difficult to select the exact one we want to play?

Or do we choose a direction and front foot/backfoot to play in and depending on line and length of the ball the computer selects from a range of shots in that area to to play?

For example if I select front foot through mid wicket, the computer could play clasical drive or a flick through midwicket. Or perhaps if I choose a back foot pull and we get a classical "roll the wrists" shot or the "baseball" shot

This could leave room for giving character to certain batsmen, ie. the asian bats would play more flicks, the more conservative orthodox players wouldn't play too many of the innovative strokes and tailenders would have a limited array of strokes...

Sorry about the musings...

Did I mention how awesome this game is shaping up to be?

If you need more shot animations JK just ask..

Yusuf

Great work JK good update looking forward to see a vid soon.KUTGW:thumbs.BTW i can help in shot anims just tell me when you are online on MSN.

Great work JK! Keep it up...

Just a quick question: with such a myriad of shots would it be difficult to select the exact one we want to play?

Or do we choose a direction and front foot/backfoot to play in and depending on line and length of the ball the computer selects from a range of shots in that area to to play?

For example if I select front foot through mid wicket, the computer could play clasical drive or a flick through midwicket. Or perhaps if I choose a back foot pull and we get a classical "roll the wrists" shot or the "baseball" shot

This could leave room for giving character to certain batsmen, ie. the asian bats would play more flicks, the more conservative orthodox players wouldn't play too many of the innovative strokes and tailenders would have a limited array of strokes...

Sorry about the musings...

Did I mention how awesome this game is shaping up to be?

If you need more shot animations JK just ask..

Yusuf

Hmm.. for the first one about the shots..

I Believe there will be a system for every player. Say, Every player is assigned to a style of batting. English batsmen have their own style, Australians have their own, Indians having their own style or rather say sub-continental.

OR

There will be a choice of selecting a categorized type of shots for each player to play in an editor? Or options to select a set of shots for each player.

OR

Depending upon experience or skills of batting of a player (saying he has the ability to play all the shots ever made), A miraculous shot can automatically come out with the correct timing and some parameters for timings can vary the shots.

OR

The shots can depend upon the type of batsman. Either he is defensive, moderate, aggressive, So on, with the type of controls that game will have for playing a shot, say defensive shot button, loft shot button, ground shots' keys, a player of his batting intent will have his style of playing the shots.

For the second one, as i said earlier, it all depends upon the Type of controls the game has. A Backfoot + Loft combo of shots can result in a hook shot. Same for the others, if you get me. :)

And for the third one, i believe the last line particularly, has been answered and it's just as you said. :)

KBC added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Adding to the 4th point*,

If there is a power system, that can be more excellent. Say defensive players can lose out a bit of stamina or energy when they play aggressive strokes, sounds strange :S, but fitness too can be added into the cause. Just an idea.

I agree with the fitness KBC. Fatigue is a very real factor when it comes to both batting and bowling, and even fielding. A deflated, tired team in the field leaks runs, drops catches and generally plays poorly. So if a team has been in the field for two days straight they should be fatigued and it should affect their play. Same with batsman. If they tire then they should have a better chance of getting out. Ways to maintain/reduce the level of fatigue should be smaller spells for bowlers, not running as many quick singles/hard 3's for batsman and scoring more boundaries, and for fielders just keeping it tight, not running around as much etc. It would be a fine line to get all this right because if you make the game so you fatigue too quickly it would ruin the enjoyment. But if you don't have enough fatigue then it also becomes unrealistic. Also if it is a major factor there should be some way of controlling fatigue, rather then just having it in the game.

The Art of Cricket is a rebel cricket game made by the fans, for the fans. Play as your heroes in an exciting three dimensional atmosphere. Experience gameplay like never before, with the crowd right behind you and the commentators singing your praises. Your country's crest is on your heart. Could this be your day?

I love this statement, I can't wait for this game.

Can someone llme which program is used to make the animations for the game? I really want to help in making the animations. I was working on the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium for this game and i am done. You can see the preview on the 3d Models thread. Can someone please tell me what program i can use to make the animations? Please someone?

it is made by 3ds max only as far as i know you should just make sure that your autokey,in 3ds max middle bottom is on and then you should make the position of every step which will make your animation.

Can someone llme which program is used to make the animations for the game? I really want to help in making the animations. I was working on the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium for this game and i am done. You can see the preview on the 3d Models thread. Can someone please tell me what program i can use to make the animations? Please someone?

I know it's not up to me, but if it were, your stadium model in its present state would not be in the game as the quality is not high enough in my opinion.

I know it's not up to me, but if it were, your stadium model in its present state would not be in the game as the quality is not high enough in my opinion.
Oh well, you are correct! its not your job to decline or accept anything for the game. Its up to LM and JK. Also, i am still waiting for your High quality(perfect) stadium with "less than 1000 polycount".

I really would not recommend you go up against Lazy, Saurav. In the words of Colin, he is one of the most gifted members here at PC ;) I would listen to his advice and get of the high horse ;)

Also, i am still waiting for your High quality(perfect) stadium with "less than 1000 polycount".

Nice to see you quoting my post wonderfully out of context. I don't remember saying it would be a "perfect" model. I believe I said (and I haven't looked this up so I may be slightly wrong) "more proportionally accurate". My point was that a poly count doesn't stop you from giving things the correct proportions. I stand by my statement.

Users who are viewing this thread