TAOC Discussion

You kind of make me feel insulted to be honest, although this is the TAOC section, it doesnt mean we only look at this. I can gurantee 95% of people in this forum already know whats wrong with Ashes cricket and with cricket captain! Its the same forum.
The amazing LM and JK have spent nearly 4 years on this, they play Ashes cricket and know all about every cricket game released, you make me feel that i sit on a pc all day refreshing the TAOC section!

Dont think he meant to offend, but yeah, it's true, we have been around quite a while and are aware of and very familiar with most cricket games, being the cricket game enthusiasts that we are ;)

We certainly do read other forums and make sure we're right on top of the industry.

Dont think he meant to offend, but yeah, it's true, we have been around quite a while and are aware of and very familiar with most cricket games, being the cricket game enthusiasts that we are ;)

We certainly do read other forums and make sure we're right on top of the industry.

If anything it was meant as encouragement to you guys as having now played Ashes I still feel cricket games are miles away from where they need to be to offer a fun, challenging and accurate representation of cricket.

If anything it was meant as encouragement to you guys as having now played Ashes I still feel cricket games are miles away from where they need to be to offer a fun, challenging and accurate representation of cricket.

thats exactly how we feel and thats exactly what our aim is.

we'r trying our best with whatever time,resources and manpower we have.

I completely agree, although Ashes 2009 has been a big step forward from any other recent cricket games, it's still nowhere near where it should be.
I installed BLC99 again a few days ago, yes the graphics will make your eyes hurt, but the sounds, animations and AI on that game are so much better than they are on Ashes.
In terms of features Codies have gone backwards - on 99 you can do a World Cup, World Series (like a league thing), a knockout tournament, a test series, test seasons (up to 7) and classic match scenarios.
There's absolutely no excuse for Codemasters that 10 years down the line the only improvements they can make are graphical.

One cool thing BLC99 does that I hope TAOC does too is that there are no real "cutscenes", everything seems to be in-game and just focuses the camera on the players/umpire in real time, I much prefer that :).

I agree. I can confirm TAOC will be as you say, there wont be 'cutscenes' per se, rather camera changes to ingame stuff.

The PS3 plays PS1 games, I may have to find a copy of BLC 99! I remember putting on 580 odd with Jayasuriya and De Silva! Mind you, it may look incredibly cack on my 38" HDTV!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, and I know I'm referring to a really old video, but I saw a YouTube video of a Leg Spinner in the game. The video was meant to illustrate drift and spin.

What had me really concerned was that the ball drifted the wrong way. If you want to see which way the ball drifts, watch Warne's ball of the century. It drifts the opposite way the the way the bowler spins it. (ie. a Right Arm Leg Spinner, drifts the ball from left to right, and then spins it back from right to left)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, and I know I'm referring to a really old video, but I saw a YouTube video of a Leg Spinner in the game. The video was meant to illustrate drift and spin.

What had me really concerned was that the ball drifted the wrong way. If you want to see which way the ball drifts, watch Warne's ball of the century. It drifts the opposite way the the way the bowler spins it. (ie. a Right Arm Leg Spinner, drifts the ball from left to right, and then spins it back from right to left)

hahaha yeah.....that was AGES ago....and due to some lazy coding by paul ! ;)

dont worry....its fixed !

Users who are viewing this thread