TAOC Discussion

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, and I know I'm referring to a really old video, but I saw a YouTube video of a Leg Spinner in the game. The video was meant to illustrate drift and spin.

What had me really concerned was that the ball drifted the wrong way. If you want to see which way the ball drifts, watch Warne's ball of the century. It drifts the opposite way the the way the bowler spins it. (ie. a Right Arm Leg Spinner, drifts the ball from left to right, and then spins it back from right to left)

Lol, that's so 2007! ;)

That vid was when i mastered the drift per se, but had it in reverse without realising it due to being so excited lol. Was fixed the day after when JK noticed it but unfortunately had already been posted to Youtube :doh

Hi LM
Really impressed by all the work you have put into this game and i'm sure this will easily be the greatest cricket game ever released.
I just have some quick questions on the game:

-Will there be any form of stat-tracking in the game. not essential but a nice touch

-Are their many different bowling actons (like malinga slingin) or is it like cicket 07 with all bowlers with same action

-Maybe if u do different bowling action u could implement this with batting stances and trigger movements ( chandrepaul, peteirson for example having unusual trigger movements)

- When you bowl spin will you actually be able to decive batsmen or will it be like other cricket games where they are esentially mediem pacers who 'cut' the ball.

-And can fast bowlers actually feel fast, In Ashes 09 the quick bowlers did not feel quick at all

-Will the AI adapt to the format they play( test odi T20)

-Catching....... In ashes 09 the wicket keeper could take a matrix-like diving catch off an edge from a spinner.:help WTF

-Intelegent AI. I don't want batsmen tryin to pull a ball which is full on offstump

I believe that if you implement these things then it will add depth and realism to the game :banana2

-Will there be any form of stat-tracking in the game. not essential but a nice touch

Yes.there will be stat-tracking in the form of manhattan,spider,wagaon-wheel etc. and also between tournaments. :D

-Are their many different bowling actons (like malinga slingin) or is it like cicket 07 with all bowlers with same action

Yes. there will be different bowling actions including brett lee etc...

-Maybe if u do different bowling action u could implement this with batting stances and trigger movements ( chandrepaul, peteirson for example having unusual trigger movements)

hmmm....we have different STANCES but no trigger movements.

- When you bowl spin will you actually be able to decive batsmen or will it be like other cricket games where they are esentially mediem pacers who 'cut' the ball.

you will be able to experience everything..flight the ball, drift it,turn it,deceive the batsman etc ! ;)

-And can fast bowlers actually feel fast, In Ashes 09 the quick bowlers did not feel quick at all

believe me,its DEFINITELY fast ! ;)

-Will the AI adapt to the format they play( test odi T20)

-Intelegent AI. I don't want batsmen tryin to pull a ball which is full on offstump

-Catching....... In ashes 09 the wicket keeper could take a matrix-like diving catch off an edge from a spinner.:help WTF

hahahaha......wont happen here !! :D

Just a follow up to that stat tracking. As i mentioned from the outset, stat tracking will be a big thing in TAOC, as it should be in any cricket game. I am personally a big fan of stats?I like to see how my guys are going, particularly during a tourney whilst I have been using them. It adds character to a player and helps immersion into the world. For example if Hussey is having a blinder all series then the next time he comes out to bat you get a certain ?feeling? when he comes out, that he?s in good nick and could save the day. Small example but stat tracking is crucial imho.

We have included a lot of stats in the game, even things such as a player?s favourite ground. Stats will be optionally recorded or not based on whether you want them to be. Here?s an example. I play a test series AUS vs SAF in Australia. Stats will get recorded for the tournament as you play ? cumulatively. At the end of the tournament you will be able to optionally merge the tournament stats into the player?s career stats if you like. This would permanently override the player?s original stats though they can always be reset back to default (as they were when the game was first installed).

Tournament stats would show match results and player stats such as averages, highest scores, runs scored, wickets taken, runs conceded, strike rates etc.

In game stats will include manhattens, spiders, wagon wheels, etc which will pop up randomly and be available at any time via a menu.

LM

Good system IMO. Especially as you can reset them back. Maybe you could just have abutton to switch between the real-life stats of the player and the stats of the player in game?

A really promising posts regarding tracking. I'm always interested about how many runs Hussey has scored in a series but with the games I have I can't find that out, to use your example. I like Covvy's suggestion as well. Maybe you can see both the game stats and real-life stats without having to press the button, just a suggestion.

Regarding the player's favourite grounds. How are you going to find that out? Just curious.

I'd imagine it'd be a basis of finding where players are most successful. Harmison could have Old Trafford as his favourite ground, for instance.

I'd imagine it'd be a basis of finding where players are most successful. Harmison could have Old Trafford as his favourite ground, for instance.

yup. somewhere along those lines.

like tendulkar = SCG.
ganguly = eden gardens etc..

Will probably be late tomorrow night Australian time so i can rush some last minute stuff :p

That makes it around 32 hours or so? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread