TAOC Discussion

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Don't get me wrong, with two meters bowling will get frustrating after some time(Also takes more time) . And in real game, good bowlers don't even think about the no-ball line, once they find their bowling rhythm. Naturally no-balls happen when bowlers deviate from their rhythm(ie either trying to ball faster than usual or slower than usual). Since my language is not up to the mark, I don't know how to make you people understand this.

All these two meters will do is to make the player to waste more time while bowling and still the bowler can bowl his fastest ball accurately on the position he wanted with out any real risk.

(Just my opinion and don't flame me for this,please.....)

perfect post .. israr idea is also ok .. stat wise option will be best .bcoz in real world ..bowler themselves dont know that they crossed the line.
concentration about Bowling should be more focussed on .. line and length , field placing, making using of conditions .. rather than these arcade speed/noball meters .

wrick3000

Club Captain
I think 2 meter concept is not appropriate since it will take more time to bowl.This will kill the bowling game play.My suggestion is that no-ball zones with in the speed meter.It should be random for different deliveries.For highly skilled bowlers the randomness of no-ball zones will be minimum and for part time bowlers the randomness should be maximum.For Bowling AI Bowlers bowling with good rhythm should ball minimum no balls compared to bowlers with less rhythm.
(Say.Bowler having economy rate above 7.0 will bowl more no balls than less economical ones)
Sample of speed meter with no.ball zones
[View attachment 81752

Good idea........This is better than what I tried to say

arun687

School Cricketer
I just can't help but feel like I'd be really annoyed if I got someone out at a key moment just to find the CPU had decided it was a noball! Hmmm...dunno, would that be a bad thing?

Yes LM, of course it would be. Imagine, if CPU needs 3 of the last ball to win and you bowl a very good ball with planned field, restricting the CPU to only a single, but the random nature of the no balls resulted in that ball being a no ball and the game ends in a tie. :facepalm An extra ball to be bowled may even help CPU win. :noway

There should be an alternate mechanism for no balls, and it should be made in such a way that no balls occur rarely, very rarely. With the introduction of free hit etc, the frequency of no balls in real cricket has decreased quite a lot as bowlers are much more disciplined now.

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
Yes LM, of course it would be. Imagine, if CPU needs 3 of the last ball to win and you bowl a very good ball with planned field, restricting the CPU to only a single, but the random nature of the no balls resulted in that ball being a no ball and the game ends in a tie. :facepalm An extra ball to be bowled may even help CPU win. :noway

There should be an alternate mechanism for no balls, and it should be made in such a way that no balls occur rarely, very rarely. With the introduction of free hit etc, the frequency of no balls in real cricket has decreased quite a lot as bowlers are much more disciplined now.

In real world .. on average 5 - 8 no balls gets bowled in a 50over match.
and mostly these 90% get bowled before 25overs. rest in rest 25 overs.
and mostly all noballs are from fast rhythm based bowlers.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
when playing the first alpha i came across 2 bugs:

1.) when advancing the pitch using shift button the player slides forward in an unusual position.

2.)the ball sometimes merges into the pitch and only 1/2 of the ball is displayed

and i have attached the pics along with the post......

I m new to the website so suggest if any correction r to be made in my explanation.

Attachments

• TAOC 2.png
    TAOC 2.png
    253 KB · Views: 56
  • TAOC.png
    TAOC.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 42

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
1.) when advancing the pitch using shift button the player slides forward in an unusual position.

well the batsman is not supposed to come down the pitch!

----------

lol.. looks like you have discovered a half-cooked featured. :p

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
i saw the stumps starts shrinking after hitting.

Now i have attached 3 pics. Pls do look at the stump sizes differing in each of the pic

Attachments

• stumps.png
    stumps.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 48
  • stumps 2.png
    stumps 2.png
    280 KB · Views: 40
  • stumps 3.png
    stumps 3.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 45

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Back after a long time. Just downloaded the thing, looking forward to playing!

About the no balls, the meter is a good idea but it would be better to have it appear on random balls rather than having to press buttons every time.

Mushfiq

School Cricketer
I have an idea about no ball too.

Let every ball be a no-ball and the bowler (player) has to prevent it from being one by pressing something before the leg of the bowler (3D Model) exceeds the line. Change of camera during that would make the game dynamic and that would solve both the two-meter and slow gameplay issue.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Just checking to say hi and that we're busily working away in the background, bug fixing and the like.

Re: No-balls, seems the overwhelming concensus is for stats-based randomness. But, either way, they are very rare now these days anyway. I dont think it's a big deal really to have them be random, as long as they are very rare.

LM

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
can u pls send the progress percentage so far as given in the progress tracker forum.Because waiting very eagerly for playin the full game.........:)

coolz_hari

International Coach
we are not hurried about full release but if u can fix bugs in alpha version that would be great.
one day you both will become very famous because of this game

taq12345

School Cricketer
Hey, do any of you feel that the bounce is a bit too much?
Also that the outfield is pretty damn quick?

Other then that, gameplay looks pretty great.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Hey, do any of you feel that the bounce is a bit too much?
Also that the outfield is pretty damn quick?

Other then that, gameplay looks pretty great.

Don't expect you to have read through all the posts, lol, but these were addressed many times over :)

taq12345

School Cricketer
^ Oops, now I feel ashamed :(

I've got a question...When you will play a real match, will the batsman be able to see the bowler's cursor? Cause thats unrealistc. Can't it be like the aiming system during serves in Tennis games?

Also....will there be variations of seam and cut on different pitches? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread