TAOC Discussion

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
best of luck guys with the "producers"..hope everything works out fine with them..

and lets hope the producers dont make you guys "Sacrifice" certain features from the game...that would really Suck for us.

D

Dutch

*picks up dictionary, thums through "d": demolish, dissapointment, disaster, duh...ah here it is....'deja vu'....now lets see what it means....*

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
now that i think of it, i really do empathize with EA / codies. inspite of knowing the fact that cricket is such a complex game with piss poor funding and tiny % of players...we are so demanding and hard to please.....its no wonder they've stopped producing cricket games.(am including myself in that "hard to please" list)!

inspite of repeatedly mentioning the painstaking efforts and sacrifices made to produce this game, i read such demoralizing comments like the one above and that too from such a well respected member....

face it people, if a video game powerhouse like EA cant see any profits or worthy investments in cricket, what does that tell ya ?

except for Australia and England, the rest of the cricketing nations are either dissinterested in cricket video gaming or just opt for pirated copies...

i cant speak for paul (LM) but as far as am concerned, TAOC is NOT my life. if i was not so crazy and passionate about cricket, i wouldnt have come this far. but now, am starting to regret as to why i ever thought of continuing working on this game after constant failures.....in fact, ever since i started working on TAOC (back in 2006), i've faced nothing but personal and professional failures....what an absolute waste of all these years.....
tweaking ████!

i'll only be doing this for the money now....if the producers decide to pay us the money, then great.......TAOC will be ready in 6 months as mentioned in my previous post.....otherwise, cya "TAOC" and so long "planetcricket" for life!

who cares if we continue or not anyways......hardly 500 people have played our game....i doubt games like CR would've sold more than 10,000 copies! a sad state of affairs people.....very sad indeed!!

/rant

goodnight!

D

Dutch

Well I hope you get something out of it for your hard efforts. If you do get the chance to work professionally on it make sure you get a good PR man or woman. I don't mean that as a snide critique, just a matter of fact. All these cricket games have rubbish communication about them which leads to immense frustration and dissapointment. Whatever happens you have given it a go. I wish you well.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Hope you get enough funds to start work on TAOC again.
who cares if we continue or not anyways......hardly 500 people have played our game....i doubt games like CR would've sold more than 10,000 copies! a sad state of affairs people.....very sad indeed!!
Well, I don't agree to it.500 downloads of Alpha 01 is just the start, as it was not a full release and was only restricted to PC.
Anyways hope for the best and you guys get good producers who can contribute some $$$.
You guys have worked hard all these years, and hope it doesn't go in vain.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
inspite of repeatedly mentioning the painstaking efforts and sacrifices made to produce this game, i read such demoralizing comments like the one above and that too from such a well respected member....
How can people not be demoralised when after a successful first release and good comments from the community, all of a sudden you get an offer and it's back to the community hearing nothing - all future alpha releases now not happening and back to no comments on progress.

If it's commercial or bust, then what's the incentive for community support? If you get the funding (I hope you do), then you're just another commercial cricket game, which brings the associated cynicism that is given to every other cricket game.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
I appreciate the effort you guys have made into this game. Alpha 0.1 was a great release, and showed the potential for a good game. But, no-one forced you guys into this. So I fail to see the reason behind the rant. You got so much positive feedback from Alpha 0.1, and so many members appreciated your efforts and hard-work on the game. So how does one comment from Dutchad invoke such a response?

I hope things do work out for you guys though. You guys definitley receive money for your efforts. And the game does have strong potential. But, I would've thought future alpha releases would've helped in the process development, so the final game is quality-worthy.

P

pcfan123

whatever, it was not that great a game anyways. Sure it has some nuances of real cricket but it's still FAR from next gen, or even a complete game. Only cricket fans would put up with this level of ████, any other sport and TAOC would be laughed out like an amateur high school computer science project.

They want to act like corporate tools now, well, be prepared to get treated like one.

No one will buy this tired product, and it will probably end up dying in the bureaucracy of the development anyways.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Bit of a confession to make - I hadn't actually tried the game before that post, but I have now.

Guys, this is superb. I mean, really brilliant. It feels like cricket, it doesn't feel as though you'll be able to smack every ball - some must be defended etc - I'm very much looking forwards to the next release. Well done so far! At the very least, this is a match for EA or Codies' games, even though it's only a batter and bowler right now. :)

Edit: I'm not really fussed about graphics at this point - it's gameplay I'm looking for and there's a lot of potential for that in here.

Damn, just read that there's not going to be a second release any time soon. Well, I hope something comes from it - sure the graphics are not much to write home about, but the basics of gameplay are there.

Last edited:

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
please tell me what do you mean by "next-gen" game?
Do you mean this term to be just related with graphics?If you guys want graphics then please give some time.The graphics will be totally overhauled ,we are trying to make it a high quality one.We have not released a single screenshot of the new models/textures to you guys,therefore you should not say them to be bad blindly.first see them and then take any decision.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
please tell me what do you mean by "next-gen" game?
Do you mean this term to be just related with graphics?If you guys want graphics then please give some time.The graphics will be totally overhauled ,we are trying to make it a high quality one.We have not released a single screenshot of the new models/textures to you guys,therefore you should not say them to be bad blindly.first see them and then take any decision.

so you are also working on taoc ?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
so you are also working on taoc ?

Thats not the point here...The point is that those two guys are working hard and if they try to get something out of it,suddenly demoralizing comments are seen.
But to your answer,see previous pages where LM mentioned about it or see "The Team" in the official site.

Users who are viewing this thread