TAOC Discussion

Muhammad Saad said:
did u use hair and fur (WSM) from 3d max 8 in creating hairs ?, if u did than i dont have to say anything it should be awesome

Believe me, i did try, but the polygon hit is seriously hardcore...slows the game engine down to a grinding halt, so the answer is no, the hair will be done manually and painstakingly by hand, but I am taking a fair while to do them so they do look really good...im trying to cover as many different hair styles as possible so hopefully most players will be able to look pretty good :)

slade said:
a quick question about running between wickets, will the players run at different speeds and will there be backing up?

running at different speeds - yes

backing up - i'd like to include this...maybe some kind of auto backing up...it's easy to get way to complicated with running...i want to keep it simple enough (control wise) yet still have it realistic and contain all possible outcomes....will try to implement it and see how it comes off...

LM

Madman said:
cool, if you get hit on the head while wearing a cap can you get "retired hurt" more easily?
also will you be able to choose when creating or editing a player what type of hat and sunglasses they wear while fielding, i HATE wide brimmed hats!!!! LOL
another thing would be: could some bowlers like Ashley Giles bowl with sunglasses on?

As always, great to hear from you and good luck. :hpraise

hit while wearing cap - yes
choose when creating/editing - yes to both
sunnies while bowling - um, possible but would mean another stat/flag just for this, cos most bowlers wont have it, only a select few would....may not be worth it...will see about this one...

LM

I have decided that the first tournament I will play on The Cricket Project is the 2006-2007 VB Series!

Maybe we could start a thread for this. Similar things have been done for Cricket 2005 and BLIC, so why not this game?

Will there be an option to choose different competitions around the world like the VB Series, Natwest Series, World Cup and they have the right stumps, pitchcads etc?

Brett_Lee said:
Will there be an option to choose different competitions around the world like the VB Series, Natwest Series, World Cup and they have the right stumps, pitchcads etc?
id say that would be pretty obvious YES:D cos pauls doing a great job on this game, as for running between the wickets, could you make the batsman backup more during the last 15/10 overs?

I dont no if this has been said? but since the supersubs a goner and possibly the powerplay is have an option to use them or only use one eg like u might like the old ones with 12th man and 15 over restrictions or you might want 12th man with Powerplay or no powerplay with supersub etc!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Was wondering how you are planning on dealing with players batting abilities. I'm fed up with cricket games where your number 11 can smack the ball as far as flintoff. More specifically, will there be different a.i. sets for batsmen so that primarily defensive or cautious players (for want of other e.g. mike atherton) wont go about cracking you about although they might have the stats to do so. Also on batters preferences- e.g hayden who likes to drive and pull or flintoff who hits it over cow corner, how are you planning on dealing with this? Other than the (as far as i could see rubbish) system in cricket 04 where you specified batsmens favourite shots, i cant think of any game where players have actually played anything like their real-life counterparts.

Brett_Lee said:
I dont no if this has been said? but since the supersubs a goner and possibly the powerplay is have an option to use them or only use one eg like u might like the old ones with 12th man and 15 over restrictions or you might want 12th man with Powerplay or no powerplay with supersub etc!

hmmm..i wanna have official rules so if they are scrapped they wont be in the game...sorry

elsmallo said:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Was wondering how you are planning on dealing with players batting abilities. I'm fed up with cricket games where your number 11 can smack the ball as far as flintoff. More specifically, will there be different a.i. sets for batsmen so that primarily defensive or cautious players (for want of other e.g. mike atherton) wont go about cracking you about although they might have the stats to do so. Also on batters preferences- e.g hayden who likes to drive and pull or flintoff who hits it over cow corner, how are you planning on dealing with this? Other than the (as far as i could see rubbish) system in cricket 04 where you specified batsmens favourite shots, i cant think of any game where players have actually played anything like their real-life counterparts.

it has been mentioned several times... :)

in short, yes, AI is a key concern for me...i will be implementing it so that stats do make a difference...different players have gradings for different kinds of shots...obviously their 'preferred' shots are the ones with the highest ratings, but they wont just always do those shots..they will 'prefer' those shots...they will also have an attitude towards being aggressive, defensive or whatever....

LM

sorry this is the first time ive been in this forum...is this new game going to be free for everyone or will it cost money?

genghis_khan said:
sorry this is the first time ive been in this forum...is this new game going to be free for everyone or will it cost money?

Well....it depends on Legend Master's hard work...

genghis_khan said:

well, we havent yet decided about it.
to be precise - it will depend on how good the demo is ! ;)

Just a quick question code wise, is it portable? Because I use Linux as my main os and am sick of rebooting just to play a bit of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread