TAOC Discussion

screenshots look good and the videos from a couple of months ago are impressive. any chance of me testing the game?

gmcm2000 said:
screenshots look good and the videos from a couple of months ago are impressive. any chance of me testing the game?

i dont think testing stage will come so soon.... the gameplay has not yet started. how can one test a game when the core element of the game hasnt been done yet?

yes, excellent work from JK he has been on fire, despite all his exams etc. :) Obviously we wont be able to include EVERY bat available, but he has covered most of the cool ones anyways...and most of the famous ones...there will be plenty of empty slots available so that people can add new bats later if they want to...

im happy to say that ive made quite a few different hair models and also improved the player model base - overall more smoother and natural, helmet redone to be much better and the pants/trousers are much better also...in the process reduced the polygon count substantially without sacrificing detail, so really important performance optimizing there....

have also completed caps, widebrim hats and long sleeves.

LM

legend_master said:
yes, excellent work from JK he has been on fire, despite all his exams etc. :) Obviously we wont be able to include EVERY bat available, but he has covered most of the cool ones anyways...and most of the famous ones...there will be plenty of empty slots available so that people can add new bats later if they want to...

im happy to say that ive made quite a few different hair models and also improved the player model base - overall more smoother and natural, helmet redone to be much better and the pants/trousers are much better also...in the process reduced the polygon count substantially without sacrificing detail, so really important performance optimizing there....

have also completed caps, widebrim hats and long sleeves.

LM

sorry if i sound dumb and sorry if this has already been said before...

will the batsman be able to wear a cap and bat? thats the only question i have when i read this!

saisrini80 said:
sorry if i sound dumb and sorry if this has already been said before...

will the batsman be able to wear a cap and bat? thats the only question i have when i read this!

it has been said before ;-)

yes, absolutely. At the pause menu you will be able to change headwear (will affect your 'comfortability' stat by wearing more comfortable headwear) and change guard..

headwear consists of Helmet, cap, Widebrim or none.

LM

That's the best thing ever! Now like a legendary player of yore I can face down the fastest bowlers wearing only my cap! Cue bouncers, beamers etc. Viv Richards would be truly proud!

elsmallo said:
That's the best thing ever! Now like a legendary player of yore I can face down the fastest bowlers wearing only my cap! Cue bouncers, beamers etc. Viv Richards would be truly proud!

lol, dont forget Richie Richardson! ;)

legend_master said:
Hi all,

I am in progress creating a 3d cricket game. I know you will all be laughing right now after reading this, as would i be if i was in your position too... ;) Believe me, i've been working on this now for 1 year part time and it has been really hard work!

But believe me or not, it is happening already...I have the game engine built and the physics engine in testing, bowling is almost done, batting is being worked on now. Collision is also done. I currently have 2 player models done - generic batsman and generic bowler and have animated them, though still many many more animations to go.

So if there are any modellers out there who would like to help let me know and i will make sure you are all credited and involved first hand in the project.

cheers,

LM

fyi, i will post some teaser screenz soon....
I would love to join you.bcos i am mad about cricket.

Please tell me if i am of any help....

--Vikram

legend_master said:
im happy to say that ive made quite a few different hair models and also improved the player model base - LM
did u use hair and fur (WSM) from 3d max 8 in creating hairs ?, if u did than i dont have to say anything it should be awesome

a quick question about running between wickets, will the players run at different speeds and will there be backing up?

Users who are viewing this thread