TAOC Discussion

Madman said:
i would pay anything under ?100 for it something of this quality! :)

I'm happy to donate prior to it's release if needed LM. Have to support the Aussies!!!

hey LM when will i be able to do some work. im waiting for your call man. :)

Done a bit of maintainance to the website- http://www.thecricketproject.com/
  • New themes for the site and media gallery
  • media gallery renamed to screenshots gallery
  • all screenshots since January 27 added to gallery
  • new banners and logos (made by usy)
  • registration bug fixed
  • jk16_4 interview added

SkateBoarder said:
Done a bit of maintainance to the website- http://www.thecricketproject.com/
  • New themes for the site and media gallery
  • media gallery renamed to screenshots gallery
  • all screenshots since January 27 added to gallery
  • new banners and logos (made by usy)
  • registration bug fixed
  • jk16_4 interview added

Cool - nice work...looks much better IMO :clap

LM

holmie said:
hey LM when will i be able to do some work. im waiting for your call man. :)

Dont worry, i haven't forgotten about you...you're one of my key guys for a bit later on ;)

daleroy said:
I'm happy to donate prior to it's release if needed LM. Have to support the Aussies!!!

wow, thanks guys...but let's not bring the money subject back again...as soon as money or potential money is involved projects like this can get unstuck very quickly. I dont want money issues to cause any disruption to the dev cycle...at this stage i can manage ok...and i think it's still pretty much on schedule...

LM

Hey LM, remember I sent you some commentary of mine? Well, i was wondering when the commentary will be starting.. I read earlier on that it'll probably be in May, but I'll be in trouble then, as I have the biggest exams of my life then - My GCSEs (Just ask a Brit on how important they are). DO you have an exact date for when the commentary will start, or can you send me a script earlier if possible...?

Probably a silly question, but it says progress in the game is 40-something complete, this is assuming u started when?

manee said:
Probably a silly question, but it says progress in the game is 40-something complete, this is assuming u started when?
There is still bowling, fielding and features left to do.

well, interesting weekend...

i watched the VB series ODI (2nd) final last yesterday...wow amazing fightback by AUS...Symonds and Ponting were absolutely brilliant... :)

despite the cricket watching, i was able to complete the following items.

- long sleeves, caps, widebrim hats and sunglasses

I have also decided to devote this week to finishing off all the player modelling....this includes hair/heads, bowler/fielder, wicket keeper and umpire models....so next friday screenz could be very interesting indeed...im not going to do all the animation yet just the modelling of these, while i'm in the zone... ;)

I had to start doing more hair and stuff (diversion i know) so face modellers could get started...so running between wickets is very almost done, just still need to tweak the animations. All logic and code is done though.

So, to summarise....this week i will finish all these models...then i will go back and complete the running between wickets (already 95% done)..then i will go through and tidy up all areas that are incomplete...then on to bowling and fielding. So hectic schedule ahead...the next few months are going to be massive...

LM

Great work LM! Keep it up man!
Also, don't forget to work on the players' arms. They look skinny and don't look real. Just reminding you. Thanks!

SkateBoarder said:
There is still bowling, fielding and features left to do.

there is still a long way to go...and i am still reluctant to set any expectations of a precise release date....

Madman said:
question to jk16_4 - are the bats being done to a good quality, will they be clear or blurred from the boundary?

the bats are very high quality. theboundary is quite a distance...i imagine it's normal that the details are a bit blurry from there

Dhoni said:
Great work LM! Keep it up man!
Also, don't forget to work on the players' arms. They look skinny and don't look real. Just reminding you. Thanks!

hmm..i dont think the arms are necessarily too skinny...could do with some smoothing tho...and some good texturing :rolleyes:

koolkarts said:
Hey LM, remember I sent you some commentary of mine? Well, i was wondering when the commentary will be starting.. I read earlier on that it'll probably be in May, but I'll be in trouble then, as I have the biggest exams of my life then - My GCSEs (Just ask a Brit on how important they are). DO you have an exact date for when the commentary will start, or can you send me a script earlier if possible...?

commentary is gonna be quite some time away, so i wouldn't be too worried about that..in any case we can work around it, but i would say it is more likely commentary wont be started till some time after that.

LM

Madman said:
question to jk16_4 - are the bats being done to a good quality, will they be clear or blurred from the boundary?

lol.. bats of even 100GB will look blurred from the boundary ;) :p
but to be precise - all the bats are made on c2k5 4GB templats :) :D
so you can speculate its quality quite easily. and mind you , i am not stealing
burma's finest work. i am doing the bats on my own and from scratch..and so i might release a 4GB version for c2k5 soon enough ;) . although i have exams
this week , so cant really work on TCP. just returned from exam, awesome paper.. :)

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread