TAOC Discussion

manee said:
So...should I contact him

Manee,

you can contact him if you like, but no need to really...i have already spoken to Scatter about this and we sorted everything out.

i think i mentioned this before, but here goes a brief summary once again...

a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) Scatter and myself tried to start up one of these projects but it ended up falling apart pretty early on as most of these 'internet teams' do...there were personality clashes, inexperienced peope issues (including myself) and really the project was destined to die before it even started - sadly....

but i learned a heck of a lot from that and was determined to complete my lifelong dream of making a good cricket game - i still believe that to date there has not been a great 3d cricket game released.

I have seen so many people try to start a community game project (not just cricket, but other genres as well) and 98% of them fizzle out before they even get started....1% actually do get started then fizzle out when they realise how much effort and time is involved and the other 1% have a chance to go on to completion....

it really is a case of having to devote every minute of spare time to the project, which is too much for most people, and is quite understandable. Im just lucky that i have been able to continue the enthusiasm and committment, with the community's help...when this thing is completed it really will have been a great team effort ;)

i have a question. are there gonna be kits from the past years for every team?

viral1991 said:
With which software are you doing the animations, LM?

I think 3dmax.

I will be surprised if u hear that form his mouth.
He will tell u he is using Blender3d, as it has no copyright issues :rolleyes:

holmie said:
i have a question. are there gonna be kits from the past years for every team?

Holmie,

i have not made a call on this yet...depends whether classic matches are in or not...will be time-dependant...

hmm it doesnt have to be in classic. there can be an option in the selection screen that asks you what year kits you wanna wear.

holmie said:
hmm it doesnt have to be in classic. there can be an option in the selection screen that asks you what year kits you wanna wear.

hmm...have to say not too fussed on the idea...i would say that for the sake of realism it should not be an option, but certainly easily patchable anyways....but maybe we should have a poll? I'd like to see if there was a big demand for this?

cheers,

LM

cool. i just thought it would add to the game. also to keep the kit makers busy :D

holmie said:
cool. i just thought it would add to the game. also to keep the kit makers busy :D

well, there's certainly no harm in making them if the kitmakers have the time and inclination lol :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread