TAOC Discussion

Hi mate

1. Download
2. Prob Q1 or Q2 2007
3. If you know about cricket, visit manee stats thread in this forum and help with the batsman traits

blackleopard92 said:
How we would edit it?

um, you wont be able to directly edit the source code lol, but just about everything else. If anything needs to be edited or modified in the source code then i will be doing it. All media and most parameters will be editable. Ive stated before that it will not be Open Source.

manee said:
Hi mate

1. Download
2. Prob Q1 or Q2 2007
3. If you know about cricket, visit manee stats thread in this forum and help with the batsman traits

um, Manee, 1 AND 2 have not yet been confirmed.

if it is free then it will be for download on my main site and different mirrors (planetcricket as well?), if commercial then only my main site, obviously...unless i can swing some other sites with carts etc.

In any case, i anticipate the size to be reasonably large, too large for dialup users...so i will have to consider sending out cd's to people who cannot download it...this would incur a small cost to cover postage though....

cheers,

LM

btw the game will be of how many GB?? any idea . also downloading should me made available in parts .

gamerkid22 said:
btw the game will be of how many GB?? any idea . also downloading should me made available in parts .

no idea how big it will be yet...depends on many things - way too early to say - will be well over 500MB though.

Yes, i would make it available in parts e.g. spanned RAR set or something

A game of this quality would be 1GB>...Possibly even 2GB or more because of the amount of detail, bats, overlays etc...

IloveGilly said:
A game of this quality would be 1GB>...Possibly even 2GB or more because of the amount of detail, bats, overlays etc...

yeah, being realistic it's gonna get pretty big, despite optimizing media...

The biggest part i believe will be the commentary, which will take up a lot of space...perhaps different commentary can even be downloaded seperately? So people that want extra commentators can download them while others that would rather save downloading time could just get the core game and core commentators.

One thing LM, how would you get the licences for using the names and all. Or its not an issue?

If you could include icc ratings in the game for teams and players it would be fun.
Say we play our matches and tournaments, we can see our team reach the top in the list and our players doing well too. What say?

arghasen said:
One thing LM, how would you get the licences for using the names and all. Or its not an issue?

If you could include icc ratings in the game for teams and players it would be fun.
Say we play our matches and tournaments, we can see our team reach the top in the list and our players doing well too. What say?

it's definately something ive been thinking about...it would be great to have a similar ratings system (even if not using the official ICC name which would have to be done in apatch anyway) but it would have to be a bare bones thing in terms of the non-player teams. What i mean is that in careermode the non-player teams would need to have 'behind the scenes' match results and full schedlues so that the rankings table would update for ALL teams, not just the player's team and the team they are playing against. But assuming I get the autoplay feature working really well, this shouldn't pose too much of a problem.. ;)

licensing is a complex issue...and depends on how the game will be distributed...let's not go into that issue again ;) but we will try our best to have licensed content, failing which it will need to be patched 'unofficialliy' after release. But if the latter is the case then be assured it will be very painless....

legend_master said:
Yes, i would make it available in parts e.g. spanned RAR set or something

also each part should be of medium size like 100 or 150 mb or slightly more. also compression technique of the files should be good ;) ;) eg. EA has all the files with .big format.

gamerkid22 said:
also each part should be of medium size like 100 or 150 mb or slightly more. also compression technique of the files should be good ;) ;) eg. EA has all the files with .big format.

The best compression format to distribute is .ace.second to it is .rar

I would just have it as cd sized isos, compressing them won't help much, because most of the content on the CD would be compressed already, the gain would be minimal. You can always use a download manager so you don't have to download all at once, so having 100mb chunks is pointless, you have to get them all so you may as well not split it.

whitehornmatt said:
I would just have it as cd sized isos, compressing them won't help much, because most of the content on the CD would be compressed already, the gain would be minimal. You can always use a download manager so you don't have to download all at once, so having 100mb chunks is pointless, you have to get them all so you may as well not split it.

Actually, people split files because some file sharing servers put a limit to max speed.

is thre game going to be county as well as country???
if so i am a somerset expert so if you need to know anything about the somnerset players then i can tell you (hopefully :D)

I THINK, that there will be county pack add ons...

So...yes ur somerset expertise will be very helpful

Users who are viewing this thread