TAOC Discussion

@Adarsh - the white things i think you are talking about are markers for where the ball ends up - more for me to see the ball always ends up in a different spot...like to see the distribution of shots...

-----------------------

VIDEOS - FEATURE LIST & COMMENTS
-------------------------------------

NB* videos are low quality because there are many clips of all different stroke types and i know a lot of people use dialup!

- new turfs and pitch - but hard to tell anyway cos of the low quality videos :mad:
- all new batting animations for all strokes + some misc non-stroke animations
- camera now focuses on batsman for a second before tracking ball after a stroke is played, like tv style...before was cutting away instantly - way too quick
- new improved batsman models - again hard to tell with the low quality vids but take my word for it
- improved trajectories/power/bounce on different strokes
- edges
- new batsman movement system - allows much more accurate control over intended actions
- some more i cant think of right now...

LM

blackleopard92 said:
when is the high quality video being released, those low quality videos are too blur and put me off.

ill try to upload it tomorrow night, im off to bed now :p

- camera now focuses on batsman for a second before tracking ball after a stroke is played, like tv style...before was cutting away instantly - way too quick
That's a very nice thought about thing!
Wonderful !!!

And, as I asked, when is the high quality video being released.?

I must say that when I opened up the videos that Paul sent me I had to watch them a second time, they just amazed me to how much they had improved sicne the last batch! :eek:

Here's the official description I've written on the website:
"Sit back and relax as you see the most polished video of the most awaited cricket game yet- watch many countries of the world blister bowling, as well as getting their stumps knocked back on the odd occassion too..."

Every word in the description is true. This is by far the best video yet. Get it from the Videos segment of TheCricketProject.com. :cool:

The game is developing really well I should say. It also does look a lot like BLC! Some shots, like the hook and the cover drive are fabulous! May I suggest that while the batsman is standing before the ball is bowled, the bat face should be slightly closed. At the moment, the batsman's showing the full face of the bat. Not a big deal, just a small suggestion.

I want it free and someone told me its going to be free for the people who are lending a hend to LM. I wanna help u as well. Can u give me something to do but plz dont give something that has to do with graphics and other things for computer geniuses.

ziad123_2005 said:
sorry but can we see the new vids with low quality now ... if yes then link pls ?
There's a slight problem regarding the video at the moment, it's going to be split into Part One and Part Two, I'm into the process of doing that right now. I did say in my earlier post though that it will be available from the Videos segment of TheCricketProject.com.

sorry but i just saw the updates 7 vids .. will look now

Hey i was thinking if we could have a chat room for The Cricket Project, Like an MSN Group. Share ideas please

ziad123_2005 said:
sorry but i just saw the updates 7 vids .. will look now

Hey i was thinking if we could have a chat room for The Cricket Project, Like an MSN Group. Share ideas please
I think the Forum is ample space to chat about the game mate. :)

k cool

BEST THING EVER, THE SHOTS THE MOVEMENT SIMPLY ROX ! However, one odd thing noticed, the batsman taps his bat in rythm, its a constant lift and put, it shudnt be lyk dat

ziad123_2005 said:
k cool

BEST THING EVER, THE SHOTS THE MOVEMENT SIMPLY ROX ! However, one odd thing noticed, the batsman taps his bat in rythm, its a constant lift and put, it shudnt be lyk dat

yeah, ive been meaning to change that...very quick thing to fix...will most likely do that tomorrow night...

also, i should mention that the videos probably need to be viewed a few times to pick up stuff as it all goes pretty quick ;)

PLease also bear with the website...i noticed it's getting hammered lol :crying :boxing

dont worry though, by the time the first demo is released i will have the site hosted with a different mob with much better bandwidth

LM

Part 1 of the video looks excellent and hopefully, (I'm ever so sorry that I've taken forever on this but certain problems have occured), will feature a stadium or maybe two if you get lucky :D

Part 2, awesome as always, and I see that you have got a successful edge :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread