TAOC Discussion

ziad123_2005 said:
is there any screens or vids of paki players ?
There are little tit-bits in some of the videos involving players donning the Pakistan ODI kit, and I think a few screenshots too. :)

ziad123_2005 said:
if there are presentation ceremonies, wont we need voice overs ?

Not necessarily, i was thinking something similar to FIFA ceremonies...e.g. you would see kinda from a distance and the player(s) would accept medals and trophies etc...you would probably have a few words from commentators over the top, but doing voiceovers etc is just too hard...in fact impossible...

legend_master said:
Not necessarily, i was thinking something similar to FIFA ceremonies...e.g. you would see kinda from a distance and the player(s) would accept medals and trophies etc...you would probably have a few words from commentators over the top, but doing voiceovers etc is just too hard...in fact impossible...

Hey LM after looking at all ur work so far....nuthing seems impossible for u
;) .......hehe

Official resolutions proposed at this stage will be these, so there are a couple of widescreen options available and caters to laptop resolutions as well:

800x600
1024x768
1152x864
1280x720
1280x768
1280x800
1280x960
1280x1024
1600x900
1600x1200
1920x1080
1920x1200

Last edited:
legend_master said:
Official resolutions proposed at this stage will be these, so there are a couple of widescreen options available and caters to laptop resolutions as well:
You might have a bit of trouble making it widescreen capable, largely because you would have to write parts of the game expecially for it so the sides got filled, a better option might be just to make the widescreen mode so it has bars down the side instead of stretching, having proper widescreen would be difficult.
But then again I don't have a widescreen monitor and I'm just going on the little bit I have read so it may be easy.

whitehornmatt said:
You might have a bit of trouble making it widescreen capable, largely because you would have to write parts of the game expecially for it so the sides got filled, a better option might be just to make the widescreen mode so it has bars down the side instead of stretching, having proper widescreen would be difficult.
But then again I don't have a widescreen monitor and I'm just going on the little bit I have read so it may be easy.

It should scale appropriately, if my calculations are correct, but yeah, i dont have a widescreen either so i cant confirm until testing with someone who has one :( but these are the proposed reses i would like to have.

legend_master said:
It should scale appropriately, if my calculations are correct, but yeah, i dont have a widescreen either so i cant confirm until testing with someone who has one :( but these are the proposed reses i would like to have.
I can test it on the 1280x768 for you Paul. It is the standard for 16:9 and 15:9 LCD TV/Monitors.

I just found my PC can do 1280x800, which makes a fake widescreen thing (bars at the top and bottom with a widescreen picture in the middle). I opened up supertux (a game) and found it doesnt distort too badly:

Depending on your card you could possibly do the same thing to test the widescreen part, although I did have to play with my monitors settings to get the bars so it was widescreen (instead of a stretched thing).

blackleopard92 said:
u can surely test these res in testing stages.How are u implementing them?

unless i have one i cannot be sure how it comes out can i? But yes, in testing stages i will have people test on various different resolutions

whitehornmatt said:
I just found my PC can do 1280x800, which makes a fake widescreen thing (bars at the top and bottom with a widescreen picture in the middle). I opened up supertux (a game) and found it doesnt distort too badly:

Depending on your card you could possibly do the same thing to test the widescreen part, although I did have to play with my monitors settings to get the bars so it was widescreen (instead of a stretched thing).

Yeah, i have tested them (the ones my monitor does support)and they do work, but i dont know how they will look on a proper widescreen monitor. For example, some get so badly stretched on mine that they look crap, but on Duff's may look good...

legend_master said:
Yeah, i have tested them (the ones my monitor does support)and they do work, but i dont know how they will look on a proper widescreen monitor. For example, some get so badly stretched on mine that they look crap, but on Duff's may look good...
I think you can test how close to a real widescreen it is by drawing a square and making the square appear square on the widescreen mode, then what you see like that will be what you see on a real one. If the square is a rectangle then it has gone too far one way or the other and will look different.

LM, my monitor currently has the resolution of 1680 X 1050 16:9 truly widescreen and it can go to 1920 X 1200 px So if u wanna test it, i m always ready .. maybe test for the beta version or demos

U have all the resolution except mine 1680 X 1050 .. i hope that u just missed that resolution ..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread