TAOC Discussion

good to see things get back on track,this is turning out to be a cracking game:)

legend_master said:
Hi all,

I am in progress creating a 3d cricket game. I know you will all be laughing right now after reading this, as would i be if i was in your position too... ;) Believe me, i've been working on this now for 1 year part time and it has been really hard work!

But believe me or not, it is happening already...I have the game engine built and the physics engine in testing, bowling is almost done, batting is being worked on now. Collision is also done. I currently have 2 player models done - generic batsman and generic bowler and have animated them, though still many many more animations to go.

So if there are any modellers out there who would like to help let me know and i will make sure you are all credited and involved first hand in the project.

cheers,

LM

fyi, i will post some teaser screenz soon....
i have been to the site and watched the gameplay videos. it looks terrific and i cant wait to see the finished product. ball physics are amazing and the graphics are very good as well. i wonder if it will be better than cricket 07', the gameplauy looks like it.

jdeus said:
Have you thought about putting in a womens side of the game?
I suppose this could be done in an add on patch after the game's release. I don't think there are plans to include a women's mode in the original.

we had enough problem in making models.making women models would be a little too much.
this could be introduced into the game after it is released, but the graphics engine is not that powerful to get me play with womens :p

jdeus said:
Have you thought about putting in a womens side of the game?
jdeus, go and have a visit to the pub nearby you. Noone is that desperate to have a go at women's cricket yet. :p

Last edited:
blackleopard92 said:
it growing all right, might pass snail's pace someday.
You seem to think it's not very big. In England, Taunton was recently named the home of women's cricket (their version of Lord's) and a few matches are televised here every summer.

Its OK...maybe a poll should be done to see how many people watch womens cricket (and how many dont) in the TCP forum

manee said:
Its OK...maybe a poll should be done to see how many people watch womens cricket (and how many dont) in the TCP forum
I don't think it's necessary. An add on patch will give people the option to download it or not.

That would have been a great idea for next year's official The Cricket Project April Fool... "yeah, this is all women's cricket- I thought you all knew that".

I honestly dont see a womans cricket add on being worthwhile, people would get it but only for the novelty, it really isnt that popular at all

Well I seem to have thrown the cat among the pigeons!!

I was just being curious because why should any women who want to play cricket games have to play as the men???

Tennis games, golf games and the likes have all done it, so why shouldnt cricket???!

I think your views are out-dated blackleopard92. The way cricket is being played and viewed upon is changing.

I think you should wake up and smell that the coffee is now fresh!

jdeus said:
I was just being curious because why should any women who want to play cricket games have to play as the men???
I would say that's because the amount of effort in supporting womens cricket in a game far out weighs the benefits of it, very few people would want womens cricket, and of them I would doubt any would be too worried if it wasn't there.
However with the extensibility of The Cricket Project, anyone can feel free to make a women's cricket add-on pack, but I think there are more important things for this game to focus on.

jdeus said:
Well I seem to have thrown the cat among the pigeons!!

Tennis games, golf games and the likes have all done it, so why shouldnt cricket???!

I think your views are out-dated blackleopard92. The way cricket is being played and viewed upon is changing.

I think you should wake up and smell that the coffee is now fresh!

There are women's grandslam's in tennis, and they are high profile. I bet you could name 7 women's tennis players, but which players played for England women against India recently, I can name a couple but no more than 5 certainly.

I support the women's game growing definetely, however I dont feel it needs to be in the game as most the gamers wouldn't know who the women players are.

Users who are viewing this thread