TAOC Discussion

Do yous need any help with the website? Casue i could help out!

Brett_Lee said:
Do yous need any help with the website? Casue i could help out!
Thanks, but Matt has already done most of the coding and I will have the easy job of adding text. :)

rickyp said:
great news from all after what i read. Top work guys, keep it up, im really looking forward to this game! its totally underestimated by half of pc, you should really have your own forum for it on the main board..... since its pretty much the same level as games such as cricket life in terms of development

I understand the importance, it's going to be a great game it really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
TAOC site said:
When will 'The Art of Cricket' be released to the cricket video games community?

At this moment in time there is no exact date for when 'The Cricket Project' will be released to the cricket video games community, but the development team would hope for the video game to be released before the first half of the year 2007, however this is not a promised release time.

There!

viral1991 said:
It says The Art of Cricket now, as does the other Cricket Project mention in that page. Find&Replace mustn't have picked it up.
Thanks for pointing it out :cheers

I think I have asked this before but can I please have a picture of Ricky Ponting, playing a square drive from a third man view to be used as the third part in this comparison screen.

Attachments

• Comparison.JPG
    Comparison.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 189
man, there are way too many stickys here, only announcements should be a sticky.

there aren't enough threads, they aren't even of a single page.why sticky 75% of them?

blackleopard92 said:
man, there are way too many stickys here, only announcements should be a sticky.

there aren't enough threads, they aren't even of a single page.why sticky 75% of them?
Thanks for your input, Leo. I have unstuck a lot of the threads that I feel weren't needed as sticky's.

i suggested that idea to LM a long time ago. thanks for doing that. it was really annoying seeing all these stickies.

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates etc but i've been toiling away behind the scenes at every spare moment i've had. Thought it's about time i check back in here for an update ;)

First off, a big thanks to Lee and the other staff members who have been keeping the forums alive in my absence, and for all their ongoing efforts...much appreciated

Now, I thought i'd mention my thoughts on EA cricket 07...i bought and played yesterday. Interesting, lots of good things improved since 05 edition...much better game overall, BUT still not great...why? IMHO several things about it really let it down...batting...too easy to slog sixes without risk of being caught or mistiming even ; Everything is too small - the field is too small, which combined with the ball racing to the boundary so quickly and fielders traversing ground so quickly really makes things unrealistic ; there's also something intangible that i just cant put my finger on...it's just doesn't feel like cricket really...despite all the bells and whistles of graphics etc i just dont feel anything...but that's just my opinion..anyway, i can learn quite a lot from this game and what mistakes not to make etc. for TAOC

Now, to update everyone...here's where we are at and what i've been working on...

- umpire animations - now all added, including square leg ump decisions and camera cuts to both
- LBW law/decisions implemented
- customised camera implemented - i.e. ability to set any camera angle as default cam and being able to revert back to original default cam at any time.
- tweaked batting physics more
- fixed stadium importing to be more flexible and easily read data from flat files
- tweaked bowling physics

now am working on several small things - want to clear up a lot of little suff before moving on to wicket keepers and fielders.

LM

Users who are viewing this thread