Tennis thread

wolf said:
Why Nieminen?

He's a great character on and off court and also has great on-court talent ;)

I think everyone is aware of Nadal and Federer!!!!!!
Nadal has a great clay court victories!!!!
Federer is a champ and excellent overall!!!

Do anyone think tht Nadal can overcome the records of Federer.....in other words..will Nadal put an end to Federer's dominance!!!!

According to me,no......Nadal though have great head to head records against the champ, he is mostly successful in clay courts!!! But the champ is dominating overall!!!!

So wht do u think???

I reckon Nadal will always have the overall advantage on clay but no one will match Federer on hard courts and grass.

wolf said:
I reckon Nadal will always have the overall advantage on clay but no one will match Federer on hard courts and grass.

Yeah thats the way it is, I don't really like Nadal and I only think he can play at the top on clay, he rarely wins grass /carpet or hard court tourneys!

Yep sharapovas hot but overrated shes not as hot as the media make her out to be.
Plenty of other hot russians ending in ova also

Kournikova
Hantuchova
Vaidisova

aussie1st said:
Hingis looks to be slowly making her way back to the top. Took care of Sara Errani with ease.

Martina Hingis is an excellent player.... she made a great comeback especially its difficult after injury!!!

I m also a great fan of Hingis!!!! :cheers

Hingis has a lot of creativity but not enough power. As a result of this, she is not at the top. In todays women's tennis, only creativity will not get you anywhere. But I do agree that creativity is very important. Look at Serena for example, she has only brute force, but other than that, she has nothing to offer.

I agree power has become the way of tennis. The way Hingis was slaughted during the Aus open when up against a power player was concerning. If you can have both power and creativity like Federer you will be almost unstoppable.

I believe Hingis can still compete at the top level, but she can no longer be as dominant as she once was.

wolf said:
I believe Hingis can still compete at the top level, but she can no longer be as dominant as she once was.

mate, nothing is impossibe in this world!!!

She is doing well even after her injuries!!!!

Hingis latest rankings is 21....its a very rapid movement to the front after a long break....

So she might be iin top ten soon...... :happy

I don't think that anyone will ever pass Federer, at least for a while. Remember when Roddick was close to Federer's level - look at him now. Federer is too consistently brilliant. Nadal will always beat him on clay, but Federer is TOO good.

French Open will be interesting, I bet Nadal will get knocked out early I have this feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread