Tennis thread

She has won her first singles title since her comeback and shes into the top 20. Great to see Hingis back.

aussie1st said:
She has won her first singles title since her comeback and shes into the top 20. Great to see Hingis back.

WOW its great to hear that.... i didnt see the match becos of exams!!!!
I was expecting her to do this.... i think she will be in top 5 soon....

Well done Hingis :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

good to see her back.

The highlight of french open is going to be Federer vs Nadal. These days, injuries are plaguing the players, nobody's is fully fit.

Federer did struggle in his win 7-5 7-6 (7-2) 6-2, but what ever gets him to the final I guess.
Sharapova had a real scare and taking the first set easily, she had to save 3 match points before winning 6-2 5-7 7-5

Good to see Henman survive the first round (even though that sounds negative), as he'll look to seriously compete in this tournament. He, quite famously, struggles as the tournament narrows down, so it'll be interesting to see how he fares this year.
Well, it's probably good for Sharapova to experience a scare like that for her first encounter, as it really forces her to realise the importance and strength required to win a grand slam- I say that becuase there are so many other 'minor' tournaments slotted in-between the major events all over the world, that it becomes hard to make the mental transition, despite her being a class performer and professional athlete.

Murray and Rudseski flying the flag today.

Murray plays Gael Monflis his fellow teenager and that will be an interesting, paticulary as Monflis will playing in front of his home support.

hey, no v-bookie for tennis? I think we should have one, atleast for the big matches.

Waiting for the Nadal match, also Williams.

Rusedski out in four sets. Nadal breaks the record for consecutive clay court victories..

Looking forward to seeing how Hewitt goes. I am giving him no chance to get past the first round.

jdbais said:
Looking forward to seeing how Hewitt goes. I am giving him no chance to get past the first round.

Hewitt did it easily. Sadly Stosur is out of the women's draw. Looks like its up to Molik to save the day again.

Biggest news is Andy Roddick had to retire hurt with an injury. Henin-Hardenne and Hingis eased through the first round.

Nadal and Federer are looking good in the mens, can't see them slipping up now!

Makes for another dream final. Nadal is looking in great form while Federer just keeps winning.

Sharapova took out Molik so once again it's down to Hewitt to fly the flag for the Aussies.

Users who are viewing this thread