Tennis thread

i just now saw the results!!!
Disappointing for Hingis!!! :crying
Still Hingis have to wait for her maiden title!!!

But one will never deny that she has done extremly well in frenchOpen!!!
She will be rewarded for her hardwork one day :upray
Well done Hingis :clap

cricket_lover said:
lol...

Most players from Russia are good-looking.

This Open has been a bit boring, especially when you've got really good players out due to injury. I hope Wimbledon is a bit more exciting.

Wimbledon is always exiting mate. ;)

Womens Semis

(16) Nicole Vaidisova (Cze) v (8) Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)

(5) Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel) v (2) Kim Clijsters (Bel)

Mens Semis

(1) Roger Federer (Swi) v (3) David Nalbandian (Arg)

(4) Ivan Ljubicic (Cro) v (2) Rafael Nadal (Spa)

One of the Belgium women will probably win the womens. The mens is wide open, with all four in with a real chance, but Nadal is the favourite.

At last we have a young superstar coming out of Australia. Hes 13 named Bernard Tomic and hes top in that group by miles. All the sponsors are after his signature. I await to see him playing in the near future.

Article - Super teen the new Lleyton

No surpises in the Men semis, it's going to be a simple Federer and Nadal final as predicted.

I hope Federer kicks his butt! I don't really think it shows how good he is if he just plays in easy tournaments and practically an easy 5 wins.

Australia really does lack pro tennis players :(

IloveGilly said:
I hope Federer kicks his butt! I don't really think it shows how good he is if he just plays in easy tournaments and practically an easy 5 wins.

Australia really does lack pro tennis players :(

Britian have the same problem, especially on the womens side.

We both got problems on both sides :(

Anyway we now have the finalist for the Women's final. Justine v Svetlana
Justine easily beat Clijsters 6-3 6-2 while Kuznetsova beat teen Nicole Vaidisova 5-7 7-6 (7-5) 6-2. I can see only one winner here, and it would be a major upset if Justine lost.

Justine has retained her French open title with a 6-4 6-4 win over Svetlana Kuznetsova. Shes the first femail to claim back to back titles since Steffi Graf. Justine definitely played the better tennis through this tournament. Now for the big one Federer v Nadal.

Its been a while since there's a grand slam from UK. Henman was close but never really fulfilled his potential. Murray is young.

You don't get the charm in Wimbledon anymore...I always felt Sampras made Wimbledon a bit more special. Anyway, Federer with 3 consecutive titles, and i believe he's in for the fourth.

Only Ancic and Roddick (if he's fit) can trouble him. Hewitt might also a chance to make it to the semi-s. Agassi is also playing as well.

Anyway, I think Federer might win his first French Open tomorrow.

I think Wimbledon will still be exiciting this year, well at least better than the French, Agassi's return to tennis will be interesting!

As for Andy Murray I don't think he has the killer instinct at the moment, but hopefully in a few years he might.

I really fancy Tim's chances on the grass this season as he was playing well at the end of the clay season, he could make the Quarters at least. I also see he is playing Agassi in the first round @ Queens next week, what a first round match that should be!

Nadal is leading right now, and is just two games away from a second French Open Title. Federer is not in the best of forms, too many unforced errors.

The king of clay has retained his title in 4 sets extending his winning streak on clay to 60 games. This guy is unstoppable even for Federer. If only he could play like this all over the world.

There's no doubting it, Nadal is simply the best on clay at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how he fares at Wimbledon, if he can transfer his skills over from clay to grass. Federer - beaten! It seems as though we are going from one great tennis player to another, each one outclassing the others.

Its just happening on Clay. Federer is still the numero uno in other courts. He's unbeatable on grass, and on hard courts only few can get close to him.

Henman had a very good win over Agassi at Queens 6-4, 6-4. Nice to see.

Users who are viewing this thread