Tennis thread

aussie1st said:
Makes for another dream final. Nadal is looking in great form while Federer just keeps winning.

Sharapova took out Molik so once again it's down to Hewitt to fly the flag for the Aussies.

Nadal is always perfect in clay courts!!!! lets see who is going to win this challenge..... definitely nadal or federer.

Sylvester, can u tell me what happened to Hingis... i missed all the matches so for due to exams!!! So can u tell me wht happened to Hingis???? :onpc

Hingis is still going strong. She beat Ivana Lisjak from Croatia 6-1 6-1. Biggest shock was Elena Dementieva who lost to Shahar Peer. Hingis will now face Shahar Peer instead of Elena.

Also Hewitt faces Nadal in the quarter final so that should be a good clash.

aussie1st said:
Hingis is still going strong. She beat Ivana Lisjak from Croatia 6-1 6-1. Biggest shock was Elena Dementieva who lost to Shahar Peer. Hingis will now face Shahar Peer instead of Elena.

Also Hewitt faces Nadal in the quarter final so that should be a good clash.

WOW...Go on Hingis!!! this is important to Hingis!!!! If i am right she has never won a French open!!!!
So I hope Hingis to grab this title!!!!

And Hewitt is always a entertaining player!!!! Its going to be intersting btw Hewitt and Nadal. But Nadal has the upper hand here!!! Lets wait and see wht happens to this intersting clash.

Mauresmo the world number 1 is out already. Look like the pressure got the better of her as it was an unknown teenage Nicole Vaidisova. Sharapova also gone in the quarters losing after having a 5-1 lead in the final set. Don't know how she lost it from there.

Bad Luck for Sharopova!!!! But still Hingis left in contest!!!!! So hopefully Hingis might win this for her first french open title!!!!!

I just now read that Hingis has reached quarter finals of the French open for the first time in 5 years :clap :clap :clap

Also if i am right, today is the interesting clash between Nadal and Hewitt!!!!
:happy :happy :happy

Great effort by Hewitt. He fought so valiantly just to stay in the match but in the end Nadal was just too good. Hewitt was just unlucky that he was drawn to play Nadal in the fourth round. I'm sure he could've made it to the semis with a more favourable draw.

Good to see the Hewitt of old back, but there is just no stopping Nadal on clay.

Hingis was taken to 3 sets but apart from the 2nd set which she lost the other two were fairly comfortable. Her first big test is her rematch with Clijsters the same opponent that knocked her out in the Aus open.

Dissappointing day...Venus and Hingis out. I think it'll be a Henin vs Clijster's finals and Nadal vs Federer in men's finals.

Its actually quite predictable but the finals will be tough. It'll be a close contest.

cricket_lover said:
I think it'll be a Henin vs Clijster's finals and Nadal vs Federer in men's finals.

Impossible. Henin and Clijsters will play each other in the semis.

oh, they do?

didn't realize that. So either Clijsters or Henin, whoever wins the semi's has a very good chance to claim the open.

I thought Ancic played well in the early part of second set, but lost his way. It should be a straight set win for Federer.

Semi-Finals

(16) Nicole Vaidisova (Cze) v (8) Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)
(5) Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel) v (2) Kim Clijsters (Bel)

Nice to see an underdog an underdog to get in like Vaidisova. I think Clisters will win.

There in lies the problem for Hingis. She looked in great form early on but when shes comes against a Power player shes loses it. Did well in the 1st set but then the power of Clijsters took over.

Never predicted Venus to be out so earlier, her days of winning an open look over. She is no where near her best when all the players feared her.

Sman-21 said:
Not a tennis fan

But definatly a Russian fan especially the ones whos name ends with ova, they are all HOT

i agree with sman-21. i think my favourite player Leyton Hewitt. I like playing Tennis it is something you associate with the summer.

lol...

Most players from Russia are good-looking.

This Open has been a bit boring, especially when you've got really good players out due to injury. I hope Wimbledon is a bit more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread