Tennis thread

Federer is probably going to be unstoppable. All the big names are either out or out of form.

Hewitt just beat the 102nd seed so you can basically rule him out challenging King Federer.
Hingis is out to unknown Ai Sugiyama, I expected more from her. Definitely not to lose to a no namer.

Andre Agassi has just lost the first set to Rafael Nadal. It's such a shame, it was so tight! I didn't rate Nadal in his last match, so he seems to be improving.

Hewitt looking much better after he pulverises Rochus.
Jelena Jankovic beat Venus which some are saying could be her last at Wimbledon.

cricket_lover said:
Roddick gone as well, so Hewitt the only hurdle for Federer.
I know its grass, but you wouldnt want to rule out Nadal just as yet. Especially after they way he destroyed Agassi.

What a win for Murray, the best of his career. He amazingly will be favourite to beat Bagdatitis. Nadal's draw has opened up for him. Still got to be Federer though.

The womens draw is still as wide open as ever.

scrapy said:
i dont really follow it
then why post?

Nadal is fast improving on grass, and thats good to see. Lets see how Federer performs in the fourth round. I can only see Hewitt or Nadal standing a chance against him.

wolf said:
What a win for Murray, the best of his career. He amazingly will be favourite to beat Bagdatitis. Nadal's draw has opened up for him.

BAHAHAHAHA, Murray has been thumped in straight sets by Baghdatis. I have no idea why Murray would've been favourite. Baghdatis will meet Hewitt in the quarter finals and it should be an interesting match. I must say, Hewitt looked very ordinary in his match out but somehow still managed to win. He will have to lift his game if he wants to beat Baghdatis.

Baghdatis knocked out Hewitt. There goes our hope again. Federer made it easily through as expected.

Go Baghadatis Go! This guy is amazing, a 20 year old Cypriot may just reach his second GS final (of course he will lose to the mighty Roger Federer however)

I heard Federer's riding a 46 match winning streak on grass! Quite a feat...
Anyway, the mighty Baghdatis destroys Hewitt's hopes- he was behind and left wanting from the outset, and although he crawled back through a heroic second set victory, couldn't quite hold on.

Oh no! Maria Sharapova is out! I'm sad about the fact that a great player is knocked out and i'm also sad about the fact that great player is incredibly beautiful!

Seriously though; Well played Mauresmo! Should be a good match between her and Henine-Herdane. (sp?)

She's arrogant, Sharapova. I dislike her attitude, but she's a good player.

This wimbledon is dull as well, no real competition in the men's singles. It should be Federer vs Nadal finals, which might be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread