Terrible game. Full of bugs. Who else agrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the people that dont have online hows a patch going to fix it for them the game is a disgrace ive put it too the bottom of my game pile out of my site ive wasted 40 pound on this crap in this day and age 40 pound is too much to wasting on complete garbage next time i get a cricket game ill make sure its not from big ant i dont care if i never play a cricket game again time for major company to make a cricket game like ea yes ea have their flaws but their products are way better than what has been produced here absolutley disgusted at big ant it looks like it will be years before we even see another cricket game on consoles again.

I thought it has no end. '.'

:facepalm

I cannot take your post seriously when you talk about EA making cricket games. This shows you know zero about previous games and thus have no credibility.
Sorry...

1) You yourself DO have online so you can patch it causing no problems for you.

2) Having no internet for gaming in the world really limits you anyway in the way modern games works and if you can't get access to internet in any way possible I really doubt you can get hold of a games console and the game.

Seems to be a lot of people willing to sign up for this forum and criticize the game with little reasoning in their lacking amount of posts.

Id advise for people to wait for the patch before going all extreme with the comments. Most of the threads have the same comments about AI and what not but patience is the key to getting this game where it needs to be.

In meantime if the bugs are too much for you, those complaining that battings too hat, get in the nets/practise mode :)

I been playing this game for 3 days non stop and I love it, I don't really care about online because I haven't even want to online mode yet lol.
I been busy playing career mode and the glitchs and bugs don't really bother me at all.

THIS-IS-WHY-kbituu.jpg

Right so take off your rose tinted glasses and listen to what is really poor about this game.

Firstly, unlike International Cricket 2010, (IC10) you can't play two players on one side. I actually have friends and we like to have a batsman and bowler each and have to catch each other's chances which can cause some great arguments. There is also running each other out which was a great past time of mine. For me this is an epic fail on DBC14 part. IC10 1 DBC14 0

So what shall I play... I don't want to play a 5 test match series with Austrailia thanks. So career mode it is. I choose my player, simple enough. Although you can make your 16 year old look like a prune that's been sat at the beach all day.
I'm a bowling all-rounder so I'm pretty much in the action quite a lot.

To cut to the chase, I'm bored already. Why? We'll I've started as Hampshire which according to those god awful commentators is Ahmedabad. I've played four four day games and four pro 40 matches. As you can imagine I've bowled a lot of overs. I'd say I've go about 30 wickets so far which isn't bad. Now what is the most common dismissal in cricket? Caught behind surely. How many of my 30 wickets are caught behind? 0.

The way my bowler gets wickets is bowled and lbw. The odd catch in the deep. I mean come on. You can't bowl to plans or work a batsman over. And when you do actually bowl a batsman the stumps don't move and the bails dribble off. Every time. Rubbish. In IC10 you could work over a batsman and get him caught behind and send his off stump cartwheeling backwards. 2-0

Ok before I go into batting I want to talk quickly about Michael Carberry. For those who don't know he's a opening batsman for Hampshire. He opens the bowling with me in this game and is leading wicket taker in the county championship thus far. Nice one Big Ant.

To be fair to the game I haven't spent long enough in bat to really criticise it. What I will say is it takes minimal skill and can be done one handed. Also you can't nudge and poke you way to a score. Everything seems really aggressive. Also shots that I seem to play go elsewhere. I like the idea of unorthodox shots but you never know which once your batsman is going to play. Personally prefer IC10s method of weighted analog stick movements for weight of shot. Much more sophisticated. 3-0

My last issue with this mode is the fielding. All the fielders can throw down the stumps no matter where they are. This should be a rare event. And even when the fielder does throw the stumps down and the wicket keepers end, the wicket keeper also knocks the stumps over just to make sure. 8/10 times the bowler also knocks the bails off when the batsman is safely home. Annoying.

The only other mode I've played (apart from a T20 match with my mate that was abandoned after ten overs because we both came to the conclusion it was shocking) is online mode.

I've been quite excited about playing online mode. I tell you don't bother. It is riddled with bugs. A few incidents.
1. Slow response to running. Run then for F&@% sake.
2. I played a nice ground stroke through the covers which the fielder stopped. Got given out caught.
3. When I'm in bat the fielders are like superman. That's a four he's nowhere near it. Oh no he's right under it all of a sudden.
4. No bowling meter. Pffft.
5. Batting feels sluggish and unresponsive.
6. The fielding reminds me of a clip I saw on YouTube for Ashes 13
7. All round jerky horrible feel that reminds me of a game I played about 8 years ago.

So these are my reasons for coming to the conclusion that this is a over hyped piece of junk. The only positive thing for me is the stats. I mean you would have done well to f&@% them up. I like looking at my average and strike rate over the season. I commend that. 3-1

So I will be putting my copy on eBay to try and regain some of my loss. I'll leave you with one last comment from that dull commentator as I mistakenly put Eoin Morgan into bowl my last online over. " the batsman will have to beware this bowler has terrific pace and can really hurt you"

1. First of all, it is a video game for a sport that is not a big franchise in USA where most of the big names in the gaming industry are driving from. Face it, it is not NFL or even FIFA and it never will be in the foreseeable future.

2. While most of the hype for this game was generated after the failure of Ashes Cricket 2013, the first release of the game was never expected to have the kind of finish and luster that some bigger companies ship their games with.

3. I agree that visually, the 2010 cricket video game looked quite terrific, but as far as the engine goes, Big Ant definitely seem to have taken a fresh approach. Of course, it's going to have loads of bugs, and after watching umpteen videos, it seems like it is full of bugs, whether or not people want to agree. But if enough people buy the game, the developers may actually continue to release a couple of patches within a few months and fix most annoying bugs. You are definitely not new to this drill, are you?

4. You may not disagree that this game has a potential to be much better than what it is right now. But don't forget that they managed to successfully bring the first release into existence. Now onto the improvements, hang tight, who knows...

If we break it down, any sports game has 3 aspects:

1) Gameplay mechanics
2) AI
3) Features

I think everyone agrees that the mechanics are superb for batting and bowling. Even fielding can be fun, albeit a bit overpowered.

The AI can still lead to tight games, particularly in career mode, but there are some obvious flaws.

Feature-wise, it's the most of any cricket game. Career mode is fairly shallow but will be improved in the future and people are still having a blast. Online bugs are worrying though.

Sorry, but this post is nonsense. The load times in going into games and simulating make playing as one team in a competition a no go. Every sports game i have seen with a competition mode has had a screen where you can choose one or more teams in the competiton as player controlled. Just making an assumption the player will go through every game or have to simulate is poor design.

It doesn't give you any freedom whatsoever, it forces you into every game.

If you play the game of the team you want to control first in every round of the tournament then select "simulate all games" it simulates the rest of the rounds games instantly, without having to sit through the scoreboard simulation.
It's a little awkward but nothing like the pain in the ass you are suggesting.

You are going too far the other way.
It's certainly not a terrible game but there are a lot of issues and some of them are pretty Damn big. For me it's still worth a purchase, even if they never fixed anything, It's only half an hour of work to pay for it.

I'm just not sure they will be able to get the ai to the standard I want it. Most of the other things should be fixable though.

You did not read my post carefully; it says

I vote for DBC 15 to be made the Official Game of the World Cup 2015

That means with the bugs ironed out from DBC 14 and some graphic updates this game can be and should be made he Official Game of the World Cup 2015
:clap

You did not read my post carefully; it says

I vote for DBC 15 to be made the Official Game of the World Cup 2015

That means with the bugs ironed out from DBC 14 and some graphic updates this game can be and should be made he Official Game of the World Cup 2015
:clap

No I read it fine. Was talking about this part. ..

Full of bugs.
No. No major biggies, but the game has a steep learning curve.

Who else agrees?

No one I know Who has bought the game complained so far, in fact they love the game play so so much, they don't even care about the little bugs.

there are many major biggies and many people complain rightfully so.

Not really trying to single you out. There have been several people with similar posts I don't really agree with.

Last edited:
Id advise for people to wait for the patch before going all extreme with the comments. Most of the threads have the same comments about AI and what not but patience is the key to getting this game where it needs to be.

In meantime if the bugs are too much for you, those complaining that battings too hat, get in the nets/practise mode :)

Yulp get in the nets and practice how to abuse the over powered leg side shots and play everything off the front foot like a real life cricketer does.......oh wait

Hence again why you should wait for a patch mate which will hopefully fix the line bowlers bowl ;). Of course leg side shots are going to be easier when half the balls you face are going down leg, just like a real cricketer would find it. I could swear someone just complained on another thread abut how playing short balls on the front foot nearly always resulted in you getting out as well...

Last edited:
Thank you. Had not spotted that. Certainly improves the situation.

You could even say you made a massive oversight.

I slightly disagreed with you on the issue, but mainly because of the fact you missed the two buttons that make it very easy. It would have been nonsense to have had to enter and simulate every game.

I think the Brian Lara 05/07 games were the same in that you couldn't choose one team. Might be mistaken on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread