Terrible game. Full of bugs. Who else agrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a lover of cricket I think the mere fact that it is like cricket and not like some arcade game is what keeps me hooked. I wouldn't want to ever go back to the old "hit it out the park" every ball kind of game. You have to concentrate very hard on every ball and make sure timing, shot selection and placement are all perfect in order to make it count. That is exactly what cricket is and that is the thing @BigAntStudios have encapsulated far better than any other developer thus far.

It is also the same thing true cricket fans have been craving for in a game.

No you're probably terrible rather than the game. I stopped reading your OP at the "Caught behind" bit. I took 130 wickets with my Batting allrounder and I had atleast one AI wicket through cuaght at slips or by wicket keeper per game. Don't blame the game because you suck at it.

Sure it has it bugs and flaws, I hope they brinhg a fix soon but this is the game... I have not played anything like it and I've played them all before, from Ian Botham Cricket to IC 2010.

Was Anything mentioned in the q and a about nicks and slips as it were??

No you're probably terrible rather than the game. I stopped reading your OP at the "Caught behind" bit. I took 130 wickets with my Batting allrounder and I had atleast one AI wicket through cuaght at slips or by wicket keeper per game. Don't blame the game because you suck at it.

Sure it has it bugs and flaws, I hope they brinhg a fix soon but this is the game... I have not played anything like it and I've played them all before, from Ian Botham Cricket to IC 2010.

Well you must be an amazing bowler because a lot of us find the slips redundant.

Only one, that sure would be unusual as it should be around 4-5 caught behind per game at least. But hey, let's ignore genuine concerns, because that's exactly how the game will be improved in patch two.

The game is great, but there are some serious issues to be fixed, ignoring them is at best counter productive.

I think we can all agree that caught at slip is unusual...

I am talking about Career mode specifically. I have so many Wickets through edges its not even a joke and i dont even consider myself above average gamer. If your bowler is failing to trigger edges then chances are you're doing something wrong. Certainly, it can't be just luck that got me all those wickets from AI edging it behind?

You also dont want 5/6 edges every match because that will be unrealistic, especially when you're only bowling about 15/20 overs on average with your bowler.

You also dont want 5/6 edges every match because that will be unrealistic, especially when you're only bowling about 15/20 overs on average with your bowler.

So getting 5 caught behinds are unusual but having an average of below 10 for bowling isn't? Continue talking... Maybe you might say something that makes sense.

So getting 5 caught behinds are unusual but having an average of below 10 for bowling isn't? Continue talking... Maybe you might say something that makes sense.

He did say something that made sense and said nothing about a bowling average below 10, he even more or less said getting lots of wickets is unrealistic :yes.

He did say something that made sense and said nothing about a bowling average below 10, he even more or less said getting lots of wickets is unrealistic :yes.

I took 130 wickets with my Batting allrounder and I had atleast one AI wicket through cuaght at slips or by wicket keeper per game. Don't blame the game because you suck at it.

Also he is acting like he is the master of this game saying people 'suck' if they don't get caught behinds even though it is official that caught behinds never happen or hardly ever.

Probably a troll.

I don't think 5 edges is the right answer either to be honest. This is what i would do, make there be more edges but also make the fielding spot more important.

I would love start a test match vs england with 3 slips and a gully and hope for a edge to them or keeper but let's say Cook and Careberry open on a fast Aussie pitch with overcast weather and a little swing for the fast men. Now let's also say they make a solid start:lol:lol:lol and are no wicket for 50. I have bowled say 15 overs and there has been 3 edges so far. First went to 4th slip and 4 runs , second edge fell short of 2nd slip and the keeper dropped a hard edge down the legside.

Now the AI have started to score more freely so i have moved 2nd/3rd slips away but in the next 2 overs the AI edge straight to 2nd slip and get some more runs.

Sorry to go on but you must see what i am getting at, more opportunities for the bowlers.

I do think in 6 weeks Bigant will up this but i do not think they have the time to get this right. Still they do have a very good physic system in place and i bet there next game will make the physic in this game look old.

This thread has a hyperbolic rabble-rousing title. DBC 14 has a few niggles but it's a terrifically addicting representation of the real game that is still evolving. Far from a "terrible" game "full" of bugs.

Last edited:
I am talking about Career mode specifically. I have so many Wickets through edges its not even a joke and i dont even consider myself above average gamer. If your bowler is failing to trigger edges then chances are you're doing something wrong. Certainly, it can't be just luck that got me all those wickets from AI edging it behind?

I, and most others I've read posts from, find that batsmen play and miss outside off and get out by skying it to cover or mid off. I've not even seen an edge go through slip let alone to slip.
You'll have to post some videos for us so we can see what you're doing.

I, and most others I've read posts from, find that batsmen play and miss outside off and get out by skying it to cover or mid off. I've not even seen an edge go through slip let alone to slip.

Really? i find that odd. I know we have gone over it in the bowling thread but i get a good number of edges.
Usually around 4 per inning. Mainly keeper but at least one slips per innings.
My very first wicket in DBC was in a casual test, got an edge third slip dove in front of second and i thought,
wow!! Thats fantastic if its the norm..
It obviously isnt and whilst sips catches are rare-ish im suprised some arent seeing it at all.
I dont bowl in career, all my slips catches are in tour,casual and tournament on amateur, pro and vet.

Where did I say that? Both of these features are down right abnormal and shouldn't be in the game period. Infact Mr. Markkkkkk (did I missed a 'k' in there?), I have Critisized how easy it is to get AI wickets, on another thread and have already deleted my Career allrounder.

Also he is acting like he is the master of this game saying people 'suck' if they don't get caught behinds even though it is official that caught behinds never happen or hardly ever.

Probably a troll.

Quite the opposite, all I am trying to say is, if I can do it anyone could.

----------

I will try post a video here soon.

But undeniably, edges do happen. Even if its a rarity compared to real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread