Test Cricket Draft

Great pick, Dare. To be honest, it almost felt sacrilegious not making the same pick myself - but I'm hoping I won't need his bowling and that there'll still be one or two decent batsmen left when my turn next comes around.

Jeeze, I missed another one!

Hey Jake, could you add me in as the last pick? I'd appreciate it man!

Last edited:
Man, I was hoping i'd get lucky again and have Sobers drop into my lap like the other draft.

Muttiah Muralidaran

Legend of the game. 770 test wickets and still going says it all. Loads of experience. I need a spinner, and a matchwinner, and this will be my go to man. I'm surprised he lasted to the 6th pick.

11. Muttiah Muralidaran

Dare has the second best pick so far imo. One of the best batsmen the game has ever seen, and his bowling is great too. What a legend. I was no doubt going to go for Sobers but Dare got him first lol.

thanx guys, I know it might sound like I'm talking nonsense but I would have picked him even if I had the 1st pick. Ahead of Bradman too. I put a star beside his name on my list of players so to know that if he is still available he is my 1st pick.

Dare has the second best pick so far imo. One of the best batsmen the game has ever seen, and his bowling is great too. What a legend. I was no doubt going to go for Sobers but Dare got him first lol.

A brilliant batsman yes, but merely a capable bowler. His economy of 2-and-a-bit and his strike rate of ~90 means he'll hold up an end for you, but that's about it. He has no place in a truly elite bowling attack.

That's my honest opinion. But then, I'm not a fan of the batting all-rounder.

I also would've taken Sobers ahead of Bradman.

Sobers was a guy who could just do it all in the game, even though Bradman is the epitome of greatness with the bat, I feel all the achievements that Sobers made add up to just beat Bradman in terms of value for a cricket side IMO

A brilliant batsman yes, but merely a capable bowler. His economy of 2-and-a-bit and his strike rate of ~90 means he'll hold up an end for you, but that's about it. He has no place in a truly elite bowling attack.

Yeah, plus he batted the majority of his career down at 5-6. Not likely to win you as many games as some players.

Code:
1.01 Bladescape - Don Bradman
1.02 mrtwisties - Shane Warne
1.03 King Pietersen - Malcolm Marshall
1.04 Dare - Garfield Sobers
1.05 metallics2006 - George Headly
1.06 Jakester1288 - Muttiah Muralidaran
1.07 King Cricket -
1.08 Crew of Black -
1.09 aussie_ben91 -
1.10 Feelin Blue? -

2.01 Feelin Blue?
2.02 aussie_ben91
2.03 Crew of Black
2.04 King Cricket
2.05 Jakester1288
2.06 metallics2006 
2.07 Dare
2.08 King Pietersen
2.09 mrtwisties
2.10 Bladescape

Yes, but even if his bowling was average it made him a great all-rounder still. He has taken over 200 Test match wickets though (I think, could be wrong) and that is no mean feat. He is a good bowler and a legendary allrounder.

235 test wickets to be exact. over 1000 in his 1st class career. could bowl Left arm fast medium, chinaman and orthodox. useful in almost any conditions.

My turn.

Sir Jack Hobbs
Reason: If the real Australian Bradman cannot be picked, there is always England's Bradman. ;)

1. Sir Jack Hobbs

Users who are viewing this thread