Test series

In summary a test match is a single game between two teams.
A Test series is a number of test matches (say 5 or 7) and the country that wins the most "test matches" out of the alloted amount to be played wins the "Test Series".

In C2004 the maximum number of tests in a series is 6. To start a series, go to game modes--international--test series.

Select the 'Home' and 'Away' countries and the number of matches.
Then you are presented with the squad selection screen, select your squad and jet-set-go !

More info

But can you explain to me how a test series works in respect to how many overs, rules, how long it can take and anything else that you can tell me about a test series

You could've researched this yourself....
googleisyourfriend.gif

Try this one http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Test_cricket

Can someone explain how a test series between 2 countries works. It has me confused as anything

I suggest you watch a test match before playing.

In short,
a test match is
1) a test match
2) not a one day match
3) one sec...
4) lasts for 5 days(maximum)
5) zero days (minimum)
6) unlimited overs to bat (90 overs a day)
7) each team bats twice
8) each team fields twice
9) am i done yet?
10) each team bowls twice
11) has two breaks, one for lunch and another for tea
12) the team that scores more in the two innings combined wins the test
13) if no results by the end of day 5...then the test is a drawn test
14) if the scores are tied...then also the test is a drawn test
15) Saurav Ganguly has two kids
16) you can always declare your innings if you will you have taken a sufficient lead, posted a sufficient target.

Also regarding test matches and cricket 2004, i suggest you use one of radaga's patches, (not sure which version), as the others are suited for the one day version of the game.

And a simple fact as well, test cricket is very different to one-day cricket in many ways.

fao lackoftalent

Match lasts for 5 days
Each team has 2 innings of unlimited overs, but if they arent all finished (ie if a team is still batting at the end of the fifth day, hasnt got as many runs as they need to win but isnt all out) then its a draw

its the "ultimate" in cricket

generally if a team gets a big enough score, they will "declare" their innings closed, to give them enough time to bowl the opposition out.

Australia tend to do this a lot, eg if they are 640/5 they may as well declare then and start bowling rather than bat on till they are all out for 800 or whatever and then the other team just have 2 innings to bat out the rest of the match for a draw

lol vaughan

15) Saurav Ganguly has two kids
17) One is boy , one is girl .

18)Saurav Ganguly's wife 's name is Dona. Not Madona.

Users who are viewing this thread