Your Cricket The Art of Legspin

I just discovered , if you grip the ball in offspinner way,take a little run-up keeping your palm towards the leg side and then click your fingers , you get a ball spinning from right to left ( talking of a right hand bowler).
I don't think it is doosra cause there the grip is entirely different.You just give the ball a hard click.
It spins like a leg spin everytime . I don't know what it is. Does someone know here?

I just discovered , if you grip the ball in offspinner way,take a little run-up keeping your palm towards the leg side and then click your fingers , you get a ball spinning from right to left ( talking of a right hand bowler).
I don't think it is doosra cause there the grip is entirely different.You just give the ball a hard click.
It spins like a leg spin everytime . I don't know what it is. Does someone know here?

That is a pure leg break :facepalm The clicking does nothing really, it's your fingers bowling a genuine leg break.

Many bowlers bowl the finger version of the leg break eg. Adil Rashid

That is a pure leg break :facepalm The clicking does nothing really, it's your fingers bowling a genuine leg break.

But I think Leg Break includes turning of wrists and there is no turning of wrist here, only fingers.

But I think Leg Break includes turning of wrists and there is no turning of wrist here, only fingers.

Yeah, you don't need wrists to make a leg break.

It is just that now you don't have the flipper, which is the down side of bowling finger leg breaks.

Kumble. All finger. No wrist. You dont need wrist to bowl leg spin, but you wont get much turn. If you use both wrist and finger, you will get more turn.

Can someone give me tips to bowl faster leg spinners? I've been able to bowl only about 60-75km/hr maximum!:facepalm By Fingers (not by wrists).

i bowl sim-up, fast bowlers grip, with same action.

Two problems :

1.Tips to generate pace around 80-90 Km/hr
2.Tips to bowl good length spinners without getting dead ball.
:)

80-90 kmhr?? are you crazy, unless you're tall and have extremely good upper body strength you wont be able to bowl a leggie that fast :eek:

Think that answers what my leggie pace is like :p I notice the batters have a fair bit of time with my bowling so they can adjust to my spin.

I've figured out why I wasn't spinning the ball, my grip had drifted to a point where it was so far off what Warne does. Went back to the simple 2 up, 2 down method that Terry Jenner mentioned and now I've got my turn back. Just need to pitch it up more.

80-90 kmhr?? are you crazy, unless you're tall and have extremely good upper body strength you wont be able to bowl a leggie that fast :eek:

Okay! How to bowl around 60-70? I can only bowl 40-50.:)

Users who are viewing this thread